• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

what to wear

ksd

Earning My Ears
Hi all i am going to wdw florida in december this will be my first time what do i need to take to wear winter or summer clothes ? any advice thank you inadvance for any help you can give me.
:bounce:

Hi

We have been in December and found the weather to be quite good (lots of sunshine and little rain). We would pull a sweatshirt on over our t-shirt and shorts first thing in the morning as it was a little chilly but by about 10 ish it had warmed up enough for just t-shirts and shorts. Againd after the sun had gone down it was back to a sweatshirt but we never had to resort to a coat. Temp. was pretty much like a good summers day here (can't remember when we last had one of them though!)

Have a great time

Jools

Hi and welcome to the DIS,
just really to agree with Jools. The weather, generally, is pretty mild in Florida although you can get the occassional cold snap. I would suggest taking one fleece/sweatshirt each and maybe a cardigan for women and children. If you're unlucky and it lasts more than a couple of days there are plenty of places you can pick up some cheap extra warm clothing. I tend to do a lot of my shopping for these sort of things in Florida (because it's very cheap) so I usually don't take much warm stuff with me.

Hi KSD ~~~Welcome to the UKDis ~~~

:wave:

I have been to Florida 4 times now during December have experienced nice, comfortable hot weather - and downright freezing cold weather! I think the best plan of action is to be prepared and wear layers.

There are lockers inside all the parks and we just used to leave spare tops and sweatpants for us all in there just in case. If you intend staying all day in the parks and into the evenings - once the sun goes down, it does get chilly. It was comforting to be able to get back to the locker and put the warm clothes on and be ready for the evening parades and shows.

Hope this helps - fire away with any other queries or questions you have, we love to help :D

Oh this is so tough...like everyone says, it can be really nice, but if there is a cold snap - then it is proper cold, not cool, cold!

I've been there twice in December, one time was beautiful hot (high 70's) the whole 10 days, the other time, was hot too, but in the middle of my trip there was about a 3 day cold snap - it literally dropped 20 degrees over night and CM's were in overcoats and gloves. It caught everyone out as there was a big frost - reports on the news for locals on how to save their garden and everything! Later the next day we were speaking to a senior Disney bus driver - he told us how he, with a few other drivers had stayed up all night keeping the engines running on the buses because there was no anti-freeze in the engines :rolleyes:

Anyhow...what I'm trying to say is <i>if</i> there is a cold snap, then it can be as cold as here so you need to be prepared - the good news though is when it's cold it doesn't usually last long.

Penny :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter