What to you carry all your stuff in?

Lorene3

Earning My Ears
Our first to Orlando is only 5 weeks away! I'm working on my packing list, and realizing all the stuff that I will need to lug around the parks. What is the best way to carry all of this stuff that won't be too heavy? We will be needing ponchos, snacks, camera, video camera, blister stuff, chapstick, autograph book....etc...
Plus, what do you do with your bag/backpack when you are going on rides?

Thanks!

I carry a backpack with everything in it. I admit that it can get a bit heavy :). Luckily, my DD is still stroller age and I can hook it on the stroller when we're walking. I just bring it onto all the rides/attractions/shows with me. If your kids are older you might want to consider small bum bags for each of them where they carry their own snacks, etc.

i cant imagine what we will do when we dont have a stroller with us.

id say a backpack or a good big fanny pack, which is more secure for money and stuff since its on the front of you.

I have a fanny pack as do the kids to carry all our stuff in. We also have a backpack that is hooked on the stroller for water, snacks, ponchos etc.

Fannypack for money, passes, key to room etc...

Backpack for bigger things like cameras, snacks, ponchos etc...even diapers and baby wipes.

I pack the same as beattyfamily.

Money, hotel cards, credit cards, travellers checks, passes go in the fanny pack.

Camcorder, camera, snacks, wet wipes, other misc goes in the backpack.

My Dh and I take turns with the backpack or it goes in the stroller. Believe it or not, the backpack is really not that heavy.

My DD has her own fanny pack to carry her things.

Disnee Dad Says................................................................ The video camera is probably the heaviest item. We solve this problem by only bringing it to the parks on a couple days, usually at the end of the trip so you can tour hard early on. By only filming on a couple days, it stays out of the backpack and in someones hand. You can always use a locker. Only did it once, on one of those "it's going to be 65 today" and it was 85!! Stuffed it full and picked everything up on our way out.

We use both fanny packs and a backpack. Both kids have a Amex Wt Glove fanny pack with their autograph book and pen, a film case full of quarters and pennies, sometimes a camera, and a D-clip for their hat. We visit in the cooler months, so they wear a sweatshirt or tie it on their waists. I put 4 bottles of water in the backpack, ponchos, my wallet, passes etc, some snacks, personal stuff and the camera. We bought 2 bottle straps last visit, and may buy a few more this time and get the water out of the pack.

We've rented a stroller the past 2 visits, but I'm not sure if we'll get one this time. It is awfully nice to have that place to put things, and DD (almost 8) might still be tired by the end of the day, but I think we'll try to go without it or just use one for the gear. If we get the bottle straps and each carry water, we may be able to do without it. I think we may try without at MK, and the smaller parks, and get one for Epcot, where you walk more.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

We use the fanny packs for the small items and then we use the Lands End diaper backpack for the big items. It is very roomy and has lots of pockets, plastic pouches for wet clothes, (which can come in very handy) and two pouches for holding bottles. Now that my youngest DD is 2 we won't be carting around baby bottles, but the bottle pouches will be used for carrying water bottles! Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Another fanny pack back pack family here too. Each person has a fanny pack with room key, money, ID, etc in and the one and only back pack carries autgraph book and pen, camera, diapers, change of socks, ponchos (which we have yet to use - knock on wood), and that sort. All purchases (except pins) are sent to package pick up (this year our rooms!) We take in 2 bottles of water per person which we refill when needed. It saves us buying water in the park. Our kids will be 3, 6, 9 when we go in January and so we still get a double stroller. It holds the water on top and the backpack below which ds usually uses to curl up and sleep on. The kids don't always ride, but it is there for their use.

When we go on rides, we just take the pack with us. It fits usually at our feet. If we are doing a baby swap for the "big rides" the person who is sitting with the "baby" holds the bag. Since my mom has no love of roller coasters this isn't usually a problem for RnR!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter