What type and brand of shirts do you wear in August?

ehlander

Mouseketeer
Hi, I need some help finding a good wicking shirt for my husband. He tried one shirt, and the material was on the thin side. What brands do you recommend? We leave in three weeks, so your help would be greatly appreciated! he seems to feel that cotton will be just fine, and I know he has no idea just how humid FL will be this time of year! Thanks!

Anything that drys quickly after getting soaked in the afternoon downpour. I like cotton.

Not a fan of wicking shirts. My shirt of choice is loose fitting cotton, untucked and usually with Mickey, Donald, Goofy or any other Disney character on them. It will be hot and I am sure you know the drill, hydrate and take advantage of air conditioning.

I like the "Buck Naked" brand from Duluth Trading company. They are pricey but very comfortable. I also like the "BLACK" ones because even when sweating, it doesn't look that bad. The downside of that though is that in the Florida weather in August, the black will also soak up the sun.

I have built up my "Supply" of these shirts (and undershorts too. I love them) usually when they are on sale for $16 -$18. Still, they are pricey but in my opinion, they are worth it.

I live in FL and go to the parks a lot when it is hot. I've soaked shirts from top to bottom mowing the grass in FL, so have tried a few things.

Polo - some guys like to wear polo shirts, and I will wear them on occasion to the parks. There are (2) kinds I recommend - the Nike Dri-Fit or pima cotton style shirts. They are both light weight, repel sweat, and dry quickly if they get wet from sweat or an afternoon shower.

T-Shirts - can't go wrong with a nice loose fitting cotton t-shirt. They too will dry fast if they get wet. However I really like the polyester sport/workout style shirts. Thye are super light weight, repel sweat, and dry super fast. You can buy name brand, get you favorite sports team, or pick up a cheap one at Wal-Mart for any size budget.

My husband does not tolerate heat well and has tried every kind of shirt, and the best were actually the cheaper Starter brand from Walmart. He'd originally bought some to be undershirts under his polos for work, and ended up liking them a lot in the parks.

I usually wear old comfortable well worn Disney t-shirts on the hot days, and then a Golf/Polo short in the evening for dinner. It depends on the time of the year, and how humid it is. I've tried some of the dry-weave shirts, and I find that they chafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!