What type of cast member would you be?

tori.bh3

Mouseketeer
I've been listening to old podcasts lately, namely the Disney Bucket List one, and one question asked was what type of cast member you would be. I'm curious what everyone wants to do and as a bonus, what job would you NOT want at all?

Want: Jungle Cruise Skipper or tour guide of some sort
Do Not Want: A character! I hate to be touched!

Great question!

Off the top of my head - I think if there were a job titled "Magic Maker" like they had during the Year of a Million Dreams, I'd love to be that. However - barring that - I think I'd love to work concierge check in somewhere (or maybe at a DVC property - seems like people MIGHT be more relaxed, and checking into familiar places, and for longer, so maybe be more laid back. I could hopefully "make magic" frequently by granting their room requests,finding them the perfect room for them and their family, or surprising them with upgrades, etc.), or maybe driving a boat on the beautiful Sassagoula River.

The jobs I would NOT want would be anything cleaning up after folks - no bathroom cleaning, mousekeeping, or especially buffet cleanups. When people forget to pack their manners, and are outrageously slobbish and inconsiderate of others, it it NOT good for my anger management! And i am always SO grateful there are CM's who willingly do these jobs, and keep their emotions in check! (just like I am when I see these types of positions in "real life").

Last edited:
Well, my dream job doesn't exist: I would like to pick all the beer and run all the beer pairing dinners at the craft beer bar at the American Pavilion in EPCOT (which doesn't exist)

Outside of that I would like to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper (at this point I tend to finish all the jokes as is)

I think I would be awful as a CM; as the ones I've met are far to helpful and efficient - I more a half arsed attempt will do kinda girl.

I think I would need to work out the back so I'm not out front scaring the customers - After hours somewhere, maybe gardening.

Or if I had to do a day job - I could be the person who sits on the bridge working the controls for a small small world - as I might just be able to manage to wave at a few kids a couple of times a day.

Lighting designer ...it’s on my short list for “retirement”. Slowly building my LinkedIn connections
I was actually on forums with, and friends with, a lighting engineer in CA who designed the lighting for Fantasmic on both coasts (he actually came to WDW in early-mid 90's prior to Fantasmic!, but couldn't say why he was there). He was fascinating. Too bad I don't know him anymore, I'd hook you up! :)

Reactions: GAN
First pick for me is photographer with Disney fine arts. Or even PhotoPass in the parks. I have so many ideas and so many of the PhotoPass people just point and shoot. It drives me crazy. But fine arts get the weddings and early morning castle shoots, so it’s a toss up for me. If I can ever get my Hubs down in that area, I’m totally going to work as a photog for them.

I would not want to work in a kitchen! Or janitorial. I would puke every day on the job.

Great question:

My dream Disney job is now gone; I really wanted to be a camera operator for Lights, Motors, Action.

I'd love to be a stagehand on Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!

Parade dancer
Don't want: either custodial or guest relations. I do not care for people, and I do not care about their problems.

I'd like to be an imagineer and design new attractions.

I wouldn't like to clean up after animals or people.

I already got to be a YES program facilitator years ago. I knew I wanted to get that internship when I first heard about the college program. I loved that job. Some other jobs that would be really fun to do is be the Disney Ambassador. One of my manager's on my college program became a Disney Ambassador a few years after I finished my program. I think you have to be nominated and it is for a year. I would also like to develop the program for the different youth education programs. Also I'm curious as to what my YES Program manager does now with the Disney Company. We are friends on FB and she is always flying all over the world and going to all the Disney Parks. Whatever she does for Disney seems like she is having a blast doing it.

I'd want to be one of the Stormtroopers walking around HS for interactions/photo ops. I think they help add some festivity and charm.

Or an animal keeper at AK.

Dream CM job?
animal nutrition/keeper. Too bad I went with human nutrition

What I actually did and really loved? Merchandise, Epcot at The Towers (the 2 shops on the lagoon between FW and WS)-back in early 90's when FW Epcot was cool, and the character bus made the daily stop between the two shops.

I wouldn't want to do mousekeeping or custodial.
My daughter just finished the DCP as custodial, at a resort. She enjoyed it as the smaller area allowed her to develop great friendships with other DCP in the area and the FT CM at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts