What would be good for a craft sale?

Linnie The Pooh

Making Fun of Buzz is my Favorite Hobby!!
Does anyone have any ideas of what would be popular to sell at a craft sale? My church is having one to raise some much needed funds and I want to help them out. I'd like to come up with something that would be a good seller and that is pretty quick and neat to make. I haven't been to a craft sale in so long, I don't even know what is popular anymore.

I used to sell wood things that my dad would cut out and I'd paint them, but he's gone now. Those were always big sellers, but I can't do it without him. :guilty:

I can crochet, knit, sew, paint etc. I'm pretty versatile, I just need some ideas. Is there a website I could go to?

Last year I ran the gift basket booth at our church bazaar. It went very well. We had themed baskets that people might give as gifts. Let me know if you need ideas.

At the craft festival here personalized ornaments always go over well. We were at Micheal's this weekend and they had the small ornaments (about 4-5 inches) you could paint and personalize at the festival. They lady here always uses a thin sharpie to write the names then she puts "dots" on the letters to dress them up. Be sure to get ones for dogs, cats and babies and sports!

Wine charms...
Get some beads and go to oriental trading co. and get the rings...you can make a set of 6 for probably under $2-$3 and charge $10 easy

we are having a craft/bake sale in early December. I have made candy wreaths (tie cinnamon and starlight mints to a wreath frame and add a bow). I have also made some "silly" stuff, like reindeer food (in jars with the poem attached), melted snowmen, pointsettia pens (take the flower and use florist tape to attach to a pen, put in a pot or vase). I am thinking about making the kitchen towel angels using a dish towel, dish cloth and potholder, but haven't gotten that far yet.

I would love some other ideas!!

My mom and I are doing a craft fair at our church - some things we're making are:

-Snowmen Earrings made with 2 or 3 different sized pearl beads and eyes/nose/mouth/buttons dotted on with the other end of a paint brush
-Painted wooden/glass ball ornaments from the craft store
-Styrofoam Christmas trees decorated in different ways(some with those little present garlands from the dollar store, some feathered, different fabrics, etc..)
-Possibly wire hanger trees (http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/coat-hanger-christmas-tree.shtml)
-Barets with random Christmasy items on them
-Pins with bows and bells

For a fund raiser last year, we decorated fun foam crowns and wands (from Michaels) with plastic "jewels" and glitter glue. They sold out quickly. I noticed the other day that Michaels now has Christmas-themed fun foam items, like reindeer antlers and crowns that have snowflakes on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter