What would Walt think of pin trading?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
After listening to a recent email show discussing Walt's thoughts on current "Disney-doings," I got to thinking about pin trading. How do you think Walt would view Disney pin trading? Although it is beginning to lose its luster, many pin enthusiasts are still keeping the hobby strong. Others view the activity as a brilliant money-making scheme. I'd love to know the podcasters' thoughts.

We did it for the first time last trip our son was 3 and just kind of getting it. He had fun doing it on that level. He was given those tink share pins which he gave one to grammy. I think the hardcore thing is a bit much.

I think would have liked pin trading. It helped develop another community for Disney lovers. Yes, it's a money maker, but it's a pretty cool money maker. I'm not a huge collector, but I do love my pins. I love special event pins, like for Flower & Garden and I love pins specific to the parks. I only have about 60pins, but the ones I have all hold special memories and I think Walt would have thought they were great for just that, commemorating your Disney experience.

I think he would like the idea, but I think he would get sticker shock at the pricing.

I've got to think that he would love the way it encourages interaction between guests and cast members, as well as between guests and other guests.

I think he would be happy with pin trading but unhappy with pin scalpers...

As for that....most disney keepsakes are out of reach of a lot of families, especially those with several children. Pressed pennies and pins are very nice keepsakes.

I think that if it brings a smile to their faces he would enjoy it, but I also think he would have tried to find a way to stop the scalpers as well as the people that are rude with it.

I agree with all of you, Walt would praise it for its ability to get people interacting who would otherwise not be, however I'm sure he would be not so pleased with pin sharks.

Anytime you have something that is collectible you are going to have sharks.
People who take the fun out of it. They are hard to stop. Just like scummy ticket scalpers. :mad:

I think he would like it....

But not the sharks he would give them a kick in the you know where.....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter