What Would You Do (or Have You Done) Solo?

Another thing that I never thought I’d do is I’ve recently gone to several character meals. The first one was Cape May and I only went because I was staying at BCV and wanted a big breakfast. I went there despite it being a character meal. Loved it! Such fun to watch the families with the characters. Got great servers-I think they were surprised to see a solo, and wanted to be sure I enjoyed myself. Been to several character meals since.

Another thing that I never thought I’d do is I’ve recently gone to several character meals. The first one was Cape May and I only went because I was staying at BCV and wanted a big breakfast. I went there despite it being a character meal. Loved it! Such fun to watch the families with the characters. Got great servers-I think they were surprised to see a solo, and wanted to be sure I enjoyed myself. Been to several character meals since.

I'm so nervous to do a solo character meal! I have booked Crystal Palace on my first full day

Character meals were another focus of my solo trip. It works out fine. They will stop at your table just like everyone else. Just alert your server that you want photos with characters. A combo of servers, character handlers, or someone sitting at the next table will be available. Enjoy.

I am a Florida resident passholder
This week I have off from work due to spring break, since I am a kindergarten teacher. I visited all 4 parks on Tuesday. I arrived at Animal Kingdom first so I could ride Flight of Passage and Everest with much shorter wait times. I finally met Pocahontas! Hollywood Studios was next. I enjoyed Fast Passes for Tower of Terror and Star Tours. I was going to meet Buzz and Woody but the wait was over an hour. My 3rd park was Epcot. Lines were really crazy so my only ride was Journey into the Imagination with Figment. The highlight was meeting Belle. My last stop was Magic Kingdom. As soon as I walked into the park I watched the Flag Retreat....which was beautiful! Pooh and Tigger were great! My feet were pretty exhausted so I rested on Carousel of Progress and the People Mover . Then I managed to cross over to the other side of the park just before Happily Ever After to enjoy more rides. Thunder Mountain was great as always. The most eventful part of the night was getting evacuated while I was on Splash Mountain.

Character meals were another focus of my solo trip. It works out fine. They will stop at your table just like everyone else. Just alert your server that you want photos with characters. A combo of servers, character handlers, or someone sitting at the next table will be available. Enjoy.OTE

I would always just tell the character. He or she would grab my camera and go over either to a server or a nearby family and motion to them to take my picture. If it was a family, they’d laugh and have such fun. Just think of the memories-“Remember when Mickey (or whoever) made us take that picture?”

I'm looking forward to not having to wake anyone up to catch the bus for RD. No, "Mom!!! Just let me sleep another fifteen minutes..." Of course, they were always grateful once we got to where we were going. I won't have to wait on anyone, walk by anything that I would like to see because we're on our way to somewhere else. I love, cherish every moment with my now grown daughters and I am certain there will be a longing here and there, but I am anxious, curious, excited about spending ten days seeking out many nooks and crannies...

Just did it last night (feels weird saying that; I just got back home this afternoon and my sleep schedule has been kind of wild the last few days). They seated me by myself, but it actually looked like they were sending most people to seat themselves where they pleased. I got special treatment because I'd marked an corn sensitivity concern on my reservation, so they had to keep closer track of where I was to be able to send a CM to talk to me. Really nicely handled, btw; they made up a special plate for me and then the guy was really helpful in terms of going through the book with me so I could judge for myself whether there was anything else on the general buffet I could handle eating.

I felt a little awkward at first, but honestly none of the other guests even seemed to notice I was there. I even went back and forth between the Terrace and the viewing area since there was a break between the projection show and the fireworks, and everyone was too wrapped up in their own business to bother about me. I had misgivings before I went, but I was really glad I'd reserved it because the crowds were pretty intense and it took alllll the stress out of finding a good spot for the shows.

Which dessert show did you do?

Which dessert show did you do?

Happily Ever After at MK, with Plaza Garden viewing. While it was mildly inconvenient to move to the actual viewing location after eating at the buffet, I think I got a better view of the show than the people who paid more to see it from Tomorrowland Terrace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter