whats Aulani Like in September

Tashinwdw

WDW - closest I will ever get to being a princess
Hi we are tossing up whether to stay at Aulani when we go there next year in september. we would be arriving around the 12th. Is this peak time? any information anyone could share regarding this time of year at aulani and hawaii would be great. we want to do about 3 nights on The big island and then finish up either at aulani or waikiki. We have done aulani before but that was May last year.

We have gone in mid may as well as september. Crowd wise they felt similar to me, i really didn't notice a difference. I wouldn't hesitate to do either times again.

We just left Aulani a few days ago. Not very crowded, never had a problem finding loungers by the pool for a family of 4. Weather was very nice, no rain and the trade winds are blowing. Prefer September over April for the weather and crowds.

We were at Aulani this week last year and it was great. I don't have anything to compare it to, but we did not experience any of the pool chair scenarios I often see described here and had no issues with anything feeling overcrowded. The weather was also great - not super windy and no rain. Would definitely return this time of year.

We were there last week, too, and I agree with the previous posters. Plenty of chairs, line for the slide was never too long, lazy river wasn't very crowded, weather was great. We've also been in May and January, but I think September is our favorite time to go.

We were also there last week, from Sunday to Friday. I would echo the other posters, not too crowded and nice weather. It was about 90 degrees every day. It was a little hot on Tuesday when we went to Pearl Harbor. We left water bottles in the car and they were too hot to drink. Should have brought my Hydroflask.
Mornings can be a little cool in the pool and waiting for the slides because the sun doesn't crest the tower until after 9:00 (pools open at 8) and it can be breezy. But once the sun comes all the way up, it's great.
I would absolutely go back in September.

Here now, would recommend highly. Less crowded than I expected...85-90 days, 75 at night. I think Australia has some type of school break, but other than that, doesn't seem like any type of crowds.

If I come back will be September

We just got back and there were virtually no crowds. We were able to make dinner reservations the same day if we wanted. We were told by a guest that being at Aulani in July or August is crazy because of the crowds and that it was impossible to get a reservation. He told us that September is a low time while the summer is "wall-to-wall people". So take that for whatever it's worth. I just know we had no crowds to deal with at all, even in the main pool.

Last edited:
We just got back from being there 11 days. Except for the weekend surrounding the KoOlina Kids Festival the resort wasn't that busy and we had no issues finding loungers at the pools, even when heading down the afternoon.

We were there from the 23rd to 30th. Weekends were awful, week days were fine.

We've been at Aulani on trips ranging from mid to late August into early September. We noticed a significant reduction in crowds beginning the third week of August, then another drop right after Labor Day. From late August onward, it felt quite empty (with the exception of Labor Day weekend). We usually travel in mid August through September and will never travel to Aulani again until the third week of August due to the crowds by the pool (and so many people reserving chairs early in the day despite the rules and enforcement).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter