What's in a BLT? - Or, Configuration of the Tower *UPDATED 11/23*

TSMIII

Mouseketeer
*UPDATE 11/23* - The tables below have been updated to reflect the 10 NOV declaration (11th Amendment) posted on 23 NOV for Phases 47 through 54 -the remainder of the 8th floor and part of the 9th floor - a total of 26 more 2BR villas (12 dedicated & 14 lockoff).

*UPDATE 9/11* - The tables below have been updated to reflect the 2 SEP declaration posted on 11 SEP for Phases 41 through 46 -the remainder of the 7th floor and part of the 8th floor - a total of 18 more 2BR villas (8 dedicated & 10 lockoff).

*UPDATE 7/22* - The tables below have been updated to reflect the declaration posted on 7/20 for Phases 38, 40 & 89 - more of the 7th floor and more of the 15th & 16th floors - a total of 8 more 2BR villas (2 dedicated & 6 lockoff) and 2 more Grand Villas.

*UPDATE 6/29* - Another declaration was posted on 6/26 for Phases 36, 37 & 39 - the remainder of the 6th floor and part of the 7th floor - a total of 9 more 2BR villas (6 dedicated & 3 lockoff). The tables below have been updated accordingly.

With all the posts wondering about BLT views, incentives and how much of it has sold, waitlists, etc., I realized that I hadn't seen any posts on how it's configured.

I've been tracking how much of Kidani has been declared but we haven't seen any new declarations for a while so I figured I'd put together the BLT info even though I'm not an owner. Hopefully it is useful to some of you that are.

First let me start by saying any reference you see to "Outer" and "Inner" refers to where the villas are located - either on the outer section of the "C" shaped BLT (facing MK, CR, etc.), or the inner section (facing the pool & Bay Lake).

No doubt most have already seen the floor plans for the studio, 2BR & GV on the member website, other websites or in the Planner, so I won't go through all of those. But here is how the villas are configured in the tower based on the unit declarations and photos currently available:

The front elevation of the building

BLTelevation.jpg

Here's a table showing what has been declared and what can be expected in the future.

Note that all of the floors from the 4th through the 12th will have 22 two bedroom villas (either dedicated or lockoff) - there will be 14 on the outer section and 8 on the inner section.

BLTconfig.jpg

Now here's a table showing where the different types of villas are located by floor. There are a few more showing here than what has been declared. The reason for this is that the first floor declaration shows some villas not yet declared. Also, we know from the photos that the Grand Villas will all be on the 14th, 15th & 16th floors.

BLTconfig2.jpg

Below is the 1st floor diagram filed with Orange County, the areas in the table above listed as CE are reflected on the diagram and reduce the number of villas on this floor. The lobby also extends up to the 2nd and 3rd floors likewise reducing the number of villas. The diagram for the 2nd floor showing the lobby area is similar to the diagram for the 3rd floor. Starting on the 4th floor, you get the villas occupying all of that space.

BLT1stFlr.jpg

2nd floor diagram showing lobby atrium extending up into this floor - 3rd floor is almost identical.

BLTLobby.jpg

Now to get a better idea of how a typical floor is configured, here is the outline of the 4th floor and then the corresponding units that make up that floor - I've put them in sequential order starting with the north side of the building and working around to the south side.

BLTFlrLayout.jpg

BLTstairwellunit.jpg

BLTNorthunit.jpg

BLTstairwellunit2.jpg

BLTCenterC.jpg

BLTstairwellunit3.jpg

BLTSouthunit.jpg

BLTstairwellunit4.jpg

And some interesting observations after looking at the diagrams and the table showing the location of the villa types:

There are two sets of elevators for each floor (including what looks like a service elevator in each set), and four stairwells.

The stairwells on every floor are abutted by a dedicated 2BR villa (except the 15th & 16th which have the GVs).

The center section of the inner villas ends at the 14th floor as it appears the Top of the World lounge and what looks like an observation deck occupy the space on the 15th & 16th floors. Here's a previously posted photo, courtesy of DonaldDoleWhip, that illustrates this:

BLTBack.jpg

The GVs on the North & South sides are one floor higher than the GVs in the Center section as the TOTW lounge/observation deck occupies the 16th floor in the Center section. Here are two previously posted photos, courtesy of Webmaster Doc, that show this quite well:

BLTTOTW.jpg

BLTside.jpg

Hopefully this breakdown is clear enough to understand. As DVC declares more units, I'll update the stats to reflect the new totals. And if any more info surfaces regarding where the common elements are located or any other interesting features, I'll include that as well and would welcome anyone's input in this regard or any clarifications/corrections you have.

Very interesting. Will people with a LV be able to congregate near the elevators to see a MK view around 9:00pm?

Excellent work on the thread! Are all LV rooms essentially pool/courtyard rooms (or do some face contemporary/seven seas lagoon while not being oriented toward MK)?

Hopefully it is useful to some of you that are.

Nice summary and thanks for putting this together; I particularly like the spreadsheets.

Do you have any intel as to which rooms will be considered what "view" for booking purposes? I thought my guide said something like 10% standard, 70% Bay Lake, and 20% Magic Kingdom but I just don't see how that will play out looking at the building...

Nice summary and thanks for putting this together; I particularly like the spreadsheets.

Do you have any intel as to which rooms will be considered what "view" for booking purposes? I thought my guide said something like 10% standard, 70% Bay Lake, and 20% Magic Kingdom but I just don't see how that will play out looking at the building...

I've only heard what everyone else has - the same percentages you quoted above, give or take a % or two -but there are some I think we can definitely say would fall into one of those groups.

I would think almost every single villa on the inner section of the "C" would be LV, with the possible exception of the 1st floor villas. Also, I think the villas on the 2nd and 3rd floors, in the center of the outer section, would be too low to get a MK view and since they'd be overlooking the parking lot, would have to be a STD view.

The tough part will be those villas that are on the cusp - just high enough or just far enough north or south, that they could go either way between one or another view type.

I don't think we'll know until people start staying at BLT and report in.

This is great! The geek in me just jumped out. :rolleyes1
I too am interested in anything that would show what the views are for booking purposes.

WOW:worship::worship:

One quick observaton, looks not even half units declared but BLT almost sold out according to guides:confused3

I believe they can't sell what isn't declared soooooooo looks like the guide talk about BLT selling so fast is bunch hooey. I didn't put much thought or research into this and I'm sure others will let me know if my I'm wrong:thumbsup2

thank you, thank you!!!

so despite what the guides are saying - it is only to the 6th floor being declared into sales.

or am I not understanding this?

so they may have sold 90% but only of the floors 1-6th right?

WOW:worship::worship:

One quick observaton, looks not even half units declared but BLT almost sold out according to guides:confused3

I believe they can't sell what isn't declared soooooooo looks like the guide talk about BLT selling so fast is bunch hooey. I didn't put much thought or research into this and I'm sure others will let me know if my I'm wrong:thumbsup2

Unless I've missed it, the OP never indicated how current the data was regarding the number of declared units in BLT. I'm sure the number of declared units is changing every week as Disney sells more points.

By the way, does anyone know how many points Disney is selling at BLT? In another thread someone said that BLT will have 1,530,000 points allocated to the DVC. When we recently added on points from BLT, we received a Component Site Public Offering Statement, Revised 3/15/2009, that stated "The total number of Home Resort Vacation Points currently (emphasis added) being declared at the Bay Lake Tower Resort is 1,374,590." The POS goes on to say that the number of Home Resort Vacation Points will increase or decrease if DVD adds, or removes, the number of accommodations in BLT.

P.S. - I love this thread! Thanks to the OP for putting this data together!

Unless I've missed it, the OP never indicated how current the data was regarding the number of declared units in BLT. I'm sure the number of declared units is changing every week as Disney sells more points.

really think this is the latest of the declared units.

dvc does not declare units into DVC every week - it seems it is about once every 3 months or so.

so despite what the guides are saying - it is only to the 6th floor being declared into sales.

plus seven GV's and two 2-br's on the 14th, 15th and 16th floors

The last units declared were in documents dated April 14th and recorded on April 21st.

The last units declared were in documents dated April 14th and recorded on April 21st.

I think they might have declared another batch last week. A lot of waitlists came through pretty much simultaneously.

plus seven GV's and two 2-br's on the 14th, 15th and 16th floors

You are correct dvc_john - I've got everything on there up through the declaration that showed up on the OC Comptroller's site on 4/21.

so 1-6

14-15

that leaves 7-12 (or 13 if they have it) - so a little less than half of the building to be declared into DVC and sold.

though 16 was only the observation and lounge are rooms located there?

when I called yesterday about getting BLT in Dec - the guide say nothing about new units declared and nothing at any DVC resort was availability.

I just updated the table showing the location of the villas to make it a liitle more intuitive. Previously, both outer and inner villas were displayed as if you were looking at BLT from the rear.

I changed it so the outer villas are displayed as if you were looking at the front of the building from the monorail or parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter