What's on your dinner menu this week?

Yes, it's an adult long habit that's served me well particularly now that I'm living with a 18 cubic ft fridge, LOL.
Still even when I had a gigonda sized fridge it was half filled with condiments as opposed to food so the song pretty much remains the same. Fortunately, my apt chest freezer still fits in this dwelling and it makes ingredient acquisitions easier.
The day the new market circulars come out online, I open browser tabs, chose what's a good price and variety and shopping commences.
Condiments.The bane of my existence.I must 5 or 6 mustards alone.

Week of Feb. 17 through the 23rd, 2020

Tomorrow, going to fill up the freezer with beef steaks, lamb chops, pork chops, and bacon since a local-ish market (Stew Leonard's, Yonkers) is having a nice sale. Some of the meat won't hit my menus until Memorial Day weekend but I like knowing food to be grilled is already here plus I invested the time and funds necessary to ensure there is no freezer burning:).

Monday- Leftovers from last week fridge clean-out: meatloaf, last night's chicken paprikash and a green salad.
Tuesday- Lemon sopressata chicken with broccoli slaw and egg noodles.
Wednesday- Lasagna Bolognese with escarole soup.
Thursday- A friend from the PW sent me a side of Chinook salmon last fall and it's time to eat the last of it (sniffle, sniffle). Haven't decided the sides yet but I'll slow roast it because it's so easy to do.
Friday- Going to pull a ziploc bag full of a French white bean soup out of the freezer and then add any leftover green salad to it.
Saturday/Sunday- Cassoulet. The prep already started today so I should be finished by Saturday or Sunday. It's a production worth the eating. Maybe I'll make a small Paris-Brest since I've been experimenting baking pate a choux in my convection toaster oven and my birthday is the following week.
Oh man! I love cassoulet!

Oh man! I love cassoulet!
Once a year, just once a year.
LOL, I'll tell you a joke about my life and welcome to it.
The ex is French and feeling sorry for him w/o his "home cooking" I decided to make this dish. Ran around the city gathering the ingredients for a good week and finally I proceeded to assemble the cassoulet. Pushed the bread crumb crust in 3 times just because and finally it was done and on the table. He lit into his plate and kept going back for more. Finally stopped eating and told me it was better than his mother's. I couldn't see for my chest blocking out the sun. Then he said the magic words: "Oh but her's came out of a can." Instant deflation. :lmao:.

Tonight is crab cakes, baked potato, asparagus, and salad. (Late V-Day dinner.)
Tomorrow is Pork tenderloin, roasted radishes, and salad.
Thursday - Sunday is out. We will be at our lake house for the weekend.

Back on track next week!

chicken and dumplings
bbq pulled pork sandwichs with homemade mac and cheese
steak and fries
homemade chili
brats and something I have not thought of yet

going shopping today for the week

tonight: sausage and kale soup
Friday: sw chicken roll ups
Saturday: ham and cheese frittata
Sunday: dgs's birthday party, so grilled burgers at their house
Monday: pork chops with onion sauce
Tuesday: spicy shrimp casserole
Wednesday: chicken avocado salad
Thursday: taco salad

Sunday - Sausage & Peppers & Onions (or Hot Dogs) & ’Smores... over our fire pit
Monday - “Make Your Own” Calzones
Tuesday - Vegetable Beef Soup & Cornbread
Last Night - Panera... we had a swim team meeting
Tonight - Chicken Chili
Tomorrow - Tacos
Saturday - ”Make Your Own” Calzones... it’s a favorite & DH is working
Sunday - Egg & Ham Biscuit Casserole & Fruit
Monday - Tomato Tortellini Soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!