What's the best way to make 2 SSR studio reservations at the same time?

springandmac

DIS Veteran
To stretch our points we're going to book 2 SSR studios during Christmas break? I have a 50 point SSR contract and a 50 point HHI contract. Can I book one now and the other at my 7 month window? What if I can't get another one at the 7 month mark? Can I cancel the original one I booked? If so, what's the penalty?

You can book SSR at 11-months out with any SSR points and then another room at 7-months out with HHI points. There will be no problem getting that first reservation but there might be getting that second reservation, although the earlier the start date the better chance that SSR will still be open for that time at 7-months out, e.g., if start date is Dec 23, the chances will be much better than if the start date is Dec. 28. Also chances at 7-months out will be better for preferred rooms rather than standard.

You can cancel, without penalty, any reservation at any time before 30-days from date of arrival, and the points will go back into your account the same way they went into the reservation, e.g., current points stay current, and any already banked or borrowed points stay banked or borrowed. If you cancel 30 days or fewer from date of arrival, all points go into a holding account, something you definitely want to avoid because the points can then be used to make a reservation only at 60 days or less from date of arrival and none of the points can be banked.

Last edited:
To stretch our points we're going to book 2 SSR studios during Christmas break? I have a 50 point SSR contract and a 50 point HHI contract. Can I book one now and the other at my 7 month window? What if I can't get another one at the 7 month mark? Can I cancel the original one I booked? If so, what's the penalty?

Best bet is to book one now, and hopefully get the 2nd one right at 7-month mark when it opens (I think you have a good chance of achieving this).

If for some reason you don't get a 2nd one and have to cancel the first, any banked or borrowed points to make the first reservation would have to be used during that use year that you banked/borrowed them into. They can't be returned or banked forward. Also if you cancel within 30 days, all points would go into holding (just make sure if you cancel, you do it more than 30 days out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter