What's the most expensive item in your budget?

I think it's probably food/souvenirs, with airfare coming in a close second. Here's a breakdown of our costs for 3 people, for 8 days:
Airfare $591.00 (N/S flights out BWI on Airtran)
Rent a Car $205 (Avis full-size)
Resort $0.00 (Orange Lake Country Club) Thanks Mom!!!
Admissions $0.00 (Thanks CMFrannie!!)
Food & Souvenirs $800.00
Total = $1,600.00
I realize that the cost of food & souvenirs does seem low, however, our resort has a full kitchen, so all of our breakfasts will be in the room, as will some of our lunches & dinners. We will be doing a couple of character meals, (Chef Mickeys and Donald's Breakfastaraus), and for those meals we'll take advantage of my wifes CM discount. We'll probably do some of our main meals, during the day at the parks, but lunch prices, coupled with CMFrannies discount, make them pretty affordable. We're also doing a Luau one evening, at our resort, which is supposed to be wonderful, and it's only $10.95 pp. We always take more money, than we think we need, but we usually come back with some. Oh yeah, CMFrannie buys Disney Dollars throughout the year, which makes it even easier...those things really do add up!!!

My DS and I are going in Nov for 9 nights at
WLV(rented DVC points)$2800,
5Day HP Passes $524(DC Discount)
Disney Quest $60(DC Discount)
Universal Ticket for two Free from Marriottrewards
Planned activities:Poly Luau,Hoopdee doo, Character Meals,All PS, plus b-day cake delivered $400
Food (our room has a kitchen but we plan to get some treats in the parks) $ 300
Souviners $300

I don't think this is too bad, we eat out half as much and save the $$ for character meals and I started using coupons and valupage.com (The first month I saved$127 on items I normally purchase)Which pays for Luau! We may even do a fireworks cruise!

When we go, we like to enjoy ourselves.

14 nights, 2 "adults"-next trip 12/02

BWI conceirge $2800 (6nights)
Contemporary Concerige $ 3425 (8 nights)
AP renewal est. $ 700
MVMCP $480 (6 event nites)
Food (est. $160 p/day) $2250
Walking around cash (est. $200p/day) $ 2800
Ground Transport (Mears w/tips) $260
Air (already purchased) $ 420
Random Act of Kindness Reserve...$ 300 (est. $20 p/day-not limited to this, but a guide)
Misc. (boat rental, golf, shipping stuff home, Victoria & Alberts)...$ 2000
Mousekeeping Envelops....$70
Bell Services Tips....$ 30

Total $15,500 ($46.13 per visit hour)....

goofhead06a.gif

....But worth every last hard earned cent!!

Wow! Your doing great at your on-line clicking!

I wondered what program offers Disney Dollars? I have only tried My Points (half-heartedly) and when I checked their site I didn't see DDs. In any case I have a year until our trip and you've inspired me! I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Here is mine, 1 Adult, 5 kids, 14, 12, 10, 7, 5 - 10 Nights

Room - $392, 7 @ Silver Lake thru Skyauction and 3 at Renissance World Gate thru Priceline
Food - $650
Driving Down - $100 Gas
Spending Money - $250
Tickets - Annual Passes

Total $1392 - $5.80 per visit hour.

Your right Em! We have a conversion van. I would not have considered driving straight thru otherwise.

For you Canadians...I would think the length of the drive would cost me to much in Nerves to make it worth it. I look at you with awe,LOL. Must be something in that "nord" air.

LOL~*nord* air! We have BRAIN FREEZE up here! LOL! We have flown to WDW last 4 trips and will fly again next month. I think we'll drive in a couple of year during the summer months. S

I like that hourly rate thing ~ The family is $17.69 per hour, or $4.42 p.p. per hour.

I'd have to say souvenirs. Because of my finances I can only go to WDW so often. I have to make the most of it while I'm there.

Gee, I guess we're in the minority here it looks like. Our most expensive item in the budget is ALWAYS the tickets!! Our timeshare is paid for, or we use discount codes for hotel, we look for discounted airfare (or we drive), discount for rental car, budget for dinners out (we usually have breakfast in room and snack during day), souvenirs are kept to a minimum - kids have own $$, I usually pick out 1-2 nice things for myself, DH isn't thrilled with Disney so he usually doesn't care to buy anything :) The only thing we cannot find big discounts on are hopper passes so we are stuck buying 4 adults and 1 child each time for around $1600. Without those passes, our vacation would be VERY CHEAP!!

Two Things....

GoofyPoster..... Are you yanking our chain????? $15,000 US!!!!! And lurking on a budget board?

Want to adopt???? (LOL)

Also I have seen on this thread many going to Hoop-de-doo. Have you been before???? Biggest disappointment of my trip in 1999....

Jenifer,

What rewards programs do you use? I've never done them, and am very interested!

BK

bedknobbery~you should go over to the rewards board. we are a very helpfull bunch and will answer any questions you have. check it out!

Typical trip: 7 nights in BWV 1 BR

2 adults, 1 teen with AP's, getting second trip out of them (or third/forth!)
DVC members staying on points

Airfare $525
Rental car $180
Airport parking $90
Pet sitter $280
Food $1200
Misc. $200

So in my case the meals (generally lunch and dinner out, 1 CB, other brekkies in room) are the highest, followed by airfare and pet sitting.

Anne

we are fl residents so we couldn't pass up the PLAY for $ deal - 4 parks 4 days for $99 and tax.

It's just myself and dd (13) this trip, DH is finishing up his scuba instructor class and can't miss class or lab. DD has two days off school the end of April, thursday and friday. So we thought a drive up on wednesday eve and thursday morn (about a 8 hour drive) and drive home on sunday.

Looking at the school calendar and her course load, she could take off Wednesday without a problem....and upon another look, Monday as well. So we could drive up on Tuesday eve and Wednesday morning and come home on Monday.

If we drive, we take our only car, DH needs transportation to work and school...so to rent a car, even rent a 'wreck' we are looking at $200 - rentals are not cheap in Key West and it's still high season. So if I could find 'cheap' airfare, we could fly.

So where we are today, air tix for $360, leaving early tuesday evening and coming back home late monday night - basically five full days at WDW!!

I am still looking at hotel rates - on site is outragous right now - only rack rates even with the codes, fl resident, disney club, AAA. Looking at hotwire or priceline for 3* or better for under $40 per night.

Food budget - we are figuring $50 max per day, neither of us are breakfast eaters (well maybe a KRISPY CREME) :) ,salad for lunch and counter service or off property for dinner.

Of course, if we stay off property, we are back to the car rental thing....but car rentals in Orlando are much more competitively priced.

So until it's all over we are probably looking at about $1200

We are starting to count the days...

DH and me

We are "splurging" on our hotel this time, and skimping on the rest. Since DH considers Days Inn as a luxury hotel, the Dolphin will be a big step up for him!

We are not yet certain if we will drive or fly. We will fly ONLY if I can get tickets under $300 total for both of us, which is possible, but not likely. Otherwise, we will spend $300 driving (includes gas, food, possible roach motel along I-95 - but DH usually likes to drive straight thru...yuk)

6 nights @ Dolphin - $800

TIX - 2 AP with DC discount - $710 ish
(DH is going in July and we are
both going again in March 2003)

Food - $300
($50 per day...
we don't eat much)

We are not much for souveniers. We will take some pictures - probably 2 rolls. So the total for this trip is around $2200, however we will use tickets again.

Gosh you guys are sooooo lucky, from the U.K and this time there will only be three of us 2 adults and 1 child are expencences are in dollars $2200 in airfare, car hire $1300, tickets for all attractions $1000, food $1000, odd's and sods $500 and spending money $3000, accom $5000, which is about $14,000 this is for three weeks but still is alot of money, but well worth it!!!!

Should save afew $$$$$$ now as we have purchased DVC points, has got to be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter