What's typically the best resort/resort option for a large group?

Which option is better for large family trio

• Suite (specially at AoA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple Rooms

Votes: 29 100.0%

• Total voters
If you choose DVC or a suite, keep in mind that not everyone may have an actual bed. Sometimes the sleeping "surfaces" are pull out sofas or chairs and those are not comfortable. Would not be ideal for a grandparent, even an active able-bodied one.
Given the childrens' ages, the grandparents could conceivably be in their early forties. Equally, the parents could be in their forties (so the grandparents in their 60s, 70s, or beyond). Imho, making decisions based on family status might be less than well-advised.

i don’t know the set up with suites at AoA but this worked for us. DVC villa one year my sister, her husband and two sons got a one bedroom and my parents and I with my niece both got studios. We started the day in the one bedroom where my brother in-law fixed breakfast for everyone. Also had access to the washer and drye.

Given the childrens' ages, the grandparents could conceivably be in their early forties. Equally, the parents could be in their forties (so the grandparents in their 60s, 70s, or beyond). Imho, making decisions based on family status might be less than well-advised.
Their actual ages are immaterial. IMO, sofa bed/chairs are not comfortable for anyone, but especially someone that is presumably middle aged or older. Heck, I'm 34 and wake up with an achy back sleeping on one of those.

There are so many unknown variables when answering your question. It all really boils down to the people involved. We can't possibly know you better than you. So our answers are based on us and our experiences. Personally, I love POP Century and separate rooms. This provides a bit of privacy if needed and a bit of extra space for each couple.

Thanks everyone! My friend and his wife are currently each 31, and will be 32 next fall for their trip. Not sure on the exact ages of the grandparents, but believe his mom and dad are 56 and 57, while his wife's mom is 55 and her grandfather is in his mid-70s. They're definitely going separate rooms now, and likely going with POFQ or POR, with Pop as a third choice since my friend and his wife like and know that resort.

He really appreciates all of the help on this!

Our group is in our 20s, but we squeezed 5 people into an Art & Animation Suite and managed to survive. It was a little easier to coordinate this way compared to our experience with two separate rooms. For those who appreciate space, real beds, and two bathrooms, multiple rooms might be the way to go :-)

Not disagreeing with @LuckyEmblem, but the AoA suites have more space than two Value rooms (All-star Music suites, having been created from individual rooms, do not.) But all Family Suites do have two bathrooms.

Our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 child) did 2 rooms at PoP and it was perfect for us. Two bathrooms, queen sized beds, murphy beds (so more space during the day), all worked great for us. I do love POFQ though too, DH and I stayed there in Feb for our 20th anniversary trip and I fell in love with the resort.

But either way, I'd do 3 rooms over any suite.

If they are looking at moderates, CSR comes to mind because of the Tower...if they booked the Tower rooms, then at least they would all be in the same building and not run the risk of being spread out around the resort. We have stayed at CSR (before the Tower) and really enjoyed the resort.

I would definitely get separate rooms so that everyone has their own bathroom and there is enough space! I love POFQ and if that is open for whenever this trip is, that would be my first choice. Request the same building and even if you are in separate buildings, the walk will not be far from each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!