Whats up with all the Farting ?

saradela

DIS Veteran
This post is not to disrespect anybody, but I have a serious question. I just came back from Disney, every thing went smooth, and it was a beautiful trip, BUT, here comes the BUT, everywhere people were farting, without considerations to others, but what amazes me , is that nobody cared, they were walking inside the fumes ,like it smelled like roses, like it was soooo natural, breathing petilence from others like a treat.....one day I was in line for the tower of terror, and a fart came along, it was so bad, it revolved my stomach and I almost vomited, believe me, it took my appetite away for hours, and I had a reservation at Narcossess......not fun. I want to know if this is normal behavior over there. I know that I need to do it but in the restroom or when people are not present.....because this comes from the anus....I dont want anything to do with what comes from an anus that I don´t even know.....Do I have to behave like nothing is happening? like god is talking to me?, Can I make them know that what they just did was unrespectful and grotesque?

Last edited:

In all seriousness Max and everyone. Disney World hosts tens of thousands of people from all over the globe. Every culture has their own way of doing things, and flatulence is a normal bodily function that everyone does. Not every visitor to the most magical place on earth have the delicacies about their bodies, just look at how some people dress.

As Americans, we must do our best to accept all people, their beliefs, and their customs. If we do not, we are labeled as arrogant and racist. There are many, MANY places I have been that smell worse than Disney. We simply must rise above these minor annoyances and turn the other cheek.

I just assume that the visitors to Disney have a digestive problem stemming from all the junky fast food they eat on vacation, the probiotics people start taking right before a vacation to keep from getting sick, or a norovirus is starting and they are a carrier. Increased sugar intake also causes lots of noxious gases. I'm not sure how you can manage to get into a bathroom every time you feel the need to pass wind but thank you for your consideration of those around you. But remember your elementary school teachings at all times... he/she who smelt it, dealt it. :)

ROTFL is this serious?! :rotfl2:

Where I came from, burping in public is sort of acceptable, but farting is highly frowned upon. So most Indonesians I know are highly trained to hold it in as long as they can, until their face turns purple. I'm also trained to fart in public discreetly. First, try letting it out little by little, even if it kills you. Second, let it out while walking swiftly or running in an open space. You learn something new everyday! Your welcome.

I am mexican, and even though, we eat beans, it is very also highly frowned upon. We have buses and a lot of mexicans travel by a train called "El Metro", thousands and thousands of people travel this way, it is almost like in Japan , we almost need a man , who can push to make every body inside the train so the door, can close. Well, you will never smell a fart. Some mexicans smell bad ( not as bad as a fart), but this is because, they dont have a way to bath daily, they dont have running water. They are poor. And yes, you can hold it, it will reabsorb, and then, you have time to find a spot where you can do it....so, I would like to know, from where in the globe, is it normal to do that. And yes, it is natural, but also pooping, and vomit, and I don´t see that happening anywhere in public...
Also, I belive that Chili ( a Tex-mex dish ) is to blame for....

Last edited:
Ali is right but I think the water is also at issue. And yes, you are supposed to pretend that you smell roses. Could you imagine what the parks would be like if everyone started calling people out for cutting the cheese? It would be like a middle school locker room.

Maybe Disney can arrange a designated fart location, like it is doing with smoking......I think that a very bad smell fart can give you a health issue, you can even light it on flames......lol
Disney knows that the smell is a very important sense, you fall in love with the person that smells right to you, it takes you to your memories of your grandma´s greatest cookies...etc, and it´s trying to work with that...you can smell, earth, sea, orange blossoms (at Soarin), cookie smells, bubble gum (at the Parades), perfume at the Hotels.....Even popcorn smells, you name it, so it will give you a pleasent memories......
I just Cringe with my bad memory in Tower of Terror.......

Last edited:
We went to a movie not too long ago and man someone was sure stinking it up. Thing is though in confined spaces like that you'll be hard pressed to find someone who is just going to stand up and say "hey who did it, who made it smell bad". More than likely you'll find people who are just trying to ignore it out of decorum even if most would agree it's decorum not to do that sort of stuff just out there like that. It can be partially cultural but it can also be individual. My dad no matter what embarassment it would give us had not problem doing it in church for example. Some people don't see it as a big deal while others try to be at least more discreet about it.

*Kinda have to admit this post had me laughing*

This thread is hilarious.

I remember this one time my husband and I were standing in line for the Mexico boat ride in EPCOT and someone in the line kept letting them loose. It smelled horrible, whatever they had eaten recently was vile. A woman nearby literally yells "STOP FARTING!" to whoever it was. Of course, nobody fessed up. Seriously, who would?! We still laugh about that moment to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!