What's Your Favorite Character Meal??? Need help choosing.

PenguinGal

Earning My Ears
Will be making our very first trip to DW in early June - self, DH, DD 17, DS 14, DS 12. We will be there one week. We are thinking about doing at least one Character Meal while there and would appreciate your suggestions. We had thought about possibly doing dinner (Chef Mickeys?) on our arrival night or breakfast (no idea where) on our departure day. Considering that our kids are older, are there any you would recommend over others? Thanks!

we really enjoy donald's breakfastasarous at AK. another one even the older children might enjoy is cinderella's breakfast. our 22 year old son had a great time in december! cape may is a good character breakfast. have a look at this link; it might help you in deciding. http://allearsnet.com/din/cbchar.htm

Hi. We are going in June with two DD 5 & 7. They are younger but the whole point to WDW is it is a magical place to make you feel young!:sunny: I would suggest Hoop De Do review and Cindy's is always a good choice:tongue: Why don't you let them go to the allears site and choose themselves? That way, if it isn't a surprise for them, they can have the fun of reading all the descriptions and really getting excited about what they have selected. Just a thought.:tongue: ;)
Have a wonderful trip:teeth:
:wave2:

We had our first trip in early April and spent ours at Epcot. We had the character meal at the Garden Grill. Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto. Chip and Dale were funny, but the character interaction is incredible. The restaurant is laid out in a circular double row pattern making it easy for the characters to get around. Plus the restaurant slowly revolves inside the Land pavillion. The food is served "family style" (All of the meats were served in one skillet). The food is good but doesn't stand out. Can't beat the character interaction, rode Maelstrom and saw Illuminations, which your kids will love.

A Char. Meal on the first night really puts you into the mood, especially after driving half a day.

We've only done character breakfasts but our favorite is Crystal Palace.

Our kids will be 15 and 11 next trip. We've been to 1900 Park Fare, Cindy's, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace over the years.

I say Crystal Palace as the favorite because it isn't as rushed and loud as the others. I enjoyed participating at Chef Mickey's and went insane with the music at 1900 Park Fare but IMHO Crystal Palace is more my speed. We didn't feel rushed, didn't have to do anything but enjoy our meal the atmosphere was laid back and the coffee is very comparable to Kona Cafe which is delicious.

My sons are 12 and 14, and our whole family enjoys Donald's Breakfastosaurus. It's a fun place, and the guys don't feel like it's just for younger kids at all. For dinner, Garden Grill is a lot of fun and not too "young."

I vote for Mickey's Backyard Barb-b-Que?

Why? Because the characters are out on the floor dancing with the audience for most of the night. At the restaurants they come to your table, shake your hand, and move on to the next table. With this, they dance, sign autographs and mingle with the crowd for much of the night. It is great, although only done on certain nights. I think you'll get more bang for your buck.

One person mentioned Hoop Dee Doo. Although it is a wonderful show that I enjoy, there are zero characters.

::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter