What's your favourite "free" thing in Florida?

Karyn.Phil

Earning My Ears
Hi again

With all the spending (whimper from credit card) with flights and park tickets and food and stuff what is your favourite "free" thing to do in Florida?

I love the sunsets and watching the pelicans down at the gulf of Mexico and the people watching in the parks - what does everyone else love?

Karyn

Not 100% free just a few bucks to park and some gas, I'd say Blue Springs State park in January, when all the Manatees gather, this is a totally natural happening and the views are just fabulous...forget SeaWorld and its glass cages, this IS the real world.
Then I'd drive on to Daytona Beach and watch the beautiful people all roasting in the sun, then down to Jetty Port state park at port Canaveral, unspoilt beach, great free fishing from the pier, and at 4pm the procession of huge cruise liners taking thousands off on their cruises, all waving at you on the keyside :)

I love the way the American people greet you. At first I thought it was so insincere but when I got home to Britain I realised I missed being acknowledged when I was being served. We really could learn a lesson from our US friends. Instead, we have to be content with the shop assistants deigning to serve us while carrying on their conversation with all the lurid details with the assistant next door.

Real freebies - I love the fact that you are offered free doughnuts and cookies as tasters in Publix. :p

It has to be the FREE PS2's + Xbox's at the Virgin mega store at Dowtown Disney.

jj.......;)

Don't laugh but I just love seeing arrmadillos!!

I shreik with excitment when we see them and boy have we seen hundreds.

Dh bought me some cuddly one and when I get really down about not seeing one between trips throws some carpet on his back and scurries around to cheer me up!!( only kidding about the last bit).

JJ,

How true about the x-box and ps2 at Virgin. Shame they've now put a time limit on them, I could have stayed all day just on the x-box...

Now that the price has come down, am considering an x-box or a game cube - ahh, decisions, decisions...

And other freebies - how about all those food samples bing given out at the Floida Mall - bourbon chicken (yum,yum)

Greg

:D

How about.......a walk around Lake Eola downtown (with the free Lymmo bus system there, too), the twice-daily Duck March at The Peabody, the Disney Wilderness Preserve (in Poinciana, south of Kissimmee), Kraft Azalea Gardens in Winter Park, the Albin Polasek Museum and Art Gallery (again, in Winter Park), the lakefront of St Cloud and Clearwater Beach pier at sunset. And how about breakfast at East Lake Fish Camp - it's not free but it is great value, and is more authentic than any buffet outlet on I-Drive!

We also love the way Americans serve us and the way the heat hits you as you arrive off the plane!!:)
We are going to be visiting Clearwater and are looking forward to the sunset!

It's nice to have found you guys again!

A few of our favourites (in no particular order):

1. Saturday nights at Old Town.

2. The beaches, especially Playalinda Beach near Kennedy Space Centre.

3. Downtown Disney (OK, they'd like you to spend some cash, but there are still lots of fun things you can do for free).

4. Not necessarily free but cheap ... the Flea Market in Kissimmee (a few miles out towards St. Cloud near the Turnpike junction and only on at weekends).

Muppet, where and when can you see armadillos? We did not see any at Easter 10 years ago and would like to see them this time.

Everywhere!!

They don't seem to come out when its really hot so am or early evening is best. When we go to Cocoa there are loads running up the side of the roads on the grassy verges. Also when travelling around the disney road complex we saw lots. If it rains as it did the one day on e the way back from Jacksonville you see twice as many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter