What's your go to sunscreen for the parks?

TSA threw our sunscreen in the garbage because it was more than 3.5 ozs. Sighhhhhhhhhh.
We used the Coppertone 50 found among the resort's bathroom toiletries for everyone but DGD who has sensitive skin. Bought some Aveeno baby sunscreen 50 for her and no rashes.

Yeah if you’ve got the stuff in your carry on you always need to remember about the liquid restrictions

EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 for my face because it is super sensitive and I have rosacea. Colorescience Sunforgettable Powder SPF 50 for putting over my makeup and for brushing in my part and hairline, this product has been a total game changer for me, easy to throw in my bag and reapply throughout the day. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch 50 SPF or La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60 for body. My husband likes Alba Botanica Sensitive/Sport Mineral Sunscreen for his pale, easy to burn skin and especially for covering his tattoos (if you have any).

I'm very fair, but also have sensitive skin. I've tried everything from Aveeno to all sorts of higher end brands. Coppertone Water Babies is the only thing I can use. I think it's SPF 50. Even using that, my chest still burns a bit.

I like sun bum, blue lizard, and neutrogena dry touch. I tend to bring both lotion and spray. Lotion is better for coverage but sometimes spray is easier.

Whatever you're choosing make sure to check expiration dates - all the components that protect you from the sun have a half life and become less effective after it's passed...

That being said I like Neutogena Dry Touch and my SUPER picky husband like Vichy - it's EXPENSIVE but doesn't "feel as weird" on his skin.

One of my favs is the Neutrogena Sheer Feel Most .it's in a blue bottle and has a continuous spray, so you can even spray it upside down .Also their sunscreen doesn't seem to break me out on body or face.

This trip I used Bare Republic mineral sunscreen because I tried some of my sister's over the Summer. They have a facial one that goes on and feels like powder. I also bought the body one. It gives me a pale cast, but it works well. I only applied once per day and didn't burn and still had it on when I came back and showered 14 hours later.

The amount of sweat that poured out of me didn't wash it off my body or face, either, and it didn't cause it to run into my eyes and sting.

And it doesn't stink like regular sunscreen.

So, Hawaiian Tropic or Bare Republic for body, and definitely Bare Republic for my face from now on.

Hawaiian Tropic. Smells great, isn't greasy and generally holds up through out the whole day. I usually use sheer touch because I like the shine as well, but they make other variations that don't have the sparkle.

Coopertone Sport spray... 30 or 50... for the kids Coopertone for babies 50...

The thing with sunscreen you are suppose to put it on 30 minutes or so before exposure to the sun. So that it has time to set up and work... We always put the sunscreen on our DD's before we left the room, it was easier to get in on them in the room, instead of fighting with them in the park when they are ready to see everything and ride the rides...

my sun has eczema so we use the neutrogena pure and free baby. It does make him look a little "casper"ish but it's worth not having a burn (he's quite fair) and not breaking out. I used it continously when we went to St. Thomas for a week in 2017. He didn't burn at all. It's kinda wierd, but the sunscreen never washed off very well, it just kinda stayed on his skin, but I think that is what protected it over many days of extreme UV exposure on white sand beaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts