Whats your preferred airline that you use?

For personal we are pretty exclusive to Southwest. As mentioned above, the "all in" price tends to be the cheapest, has the most flight options, and gets us direct to where we are going.

For business, I try to stick with either Delta or Southwest. I, personally, have had to many issues with delayed flights and lost baggage on American and will avoid them if at all possible.

We usually fly Southwest mainly for the price, checked bags, and schedule. We have never had a bad experience with them. However they did eliminate the early morning non-stop flight to Orlando so this last trip we went with Jet Blue who is quickly becoming our favorite airline for comfort, snacks, and entertainment.

I personally use SW. Like others have said, the "transfarency" of knowing that everything is included is a major part of it. I usually don't need to check a bag on my way down to WDW, but on the way back... that's a different story! My last trip I had to buy two bags because I had bought too much stuff! Knowing that I could check everything and not have to pay any additional fees made my life easier.

I almost always fly SW because they fly where I'm going and are the least expensive. Cost is pretty much my target when flying. Heck I would do Spirit only they don't fly out of my airport and the cost/time associated with trying to fly out of Dallas is not worth it.

I went ahead and got a SW CC (only annual fee card I have) because the points make it the best use of any CC rewards program for me (including Disney Visa).

With the perks of SW and low base cost I don't mind paying EBC (or in one case I paid for the A 1-15 upgrade). It's still cheaper than anyone else.

Such is life when you don't have or live near a HUB airport. That and I rarely have a direct flight.

I live right by a United hub and Southwest is in the "terrible" terminal in EWR (and also has very limited/poor schedules) so have garnered status on United for work and personal. I get a free checked back up to 2 for each flight and upgrades to Economy plus for free.

I like Alaska for regional flights but will typically take Southwest for cross country due to price

Delta-most non-stops from the Cincinnati airport and often the cheapest option
Southwest-our preferred but limited non-stop flights-we look here first.

We're about to take a bath on a flight booked to Vegas next month, my wife is having a total knee replacement after she found herself in a wheelchair during our Disney trip 10 days ago. The doc said enough of this and it is scheduled in 2 weeks. Our Vegas flight out is Delta, and we're losing everything we put in as a result. Coming back was SW, 2 buttons pressed and the money is sitting in my account for a spring flight when my wife feels better. For that reason alone, we may move to SW exclusively if the Delta flights + insurance aren't cheaper with better times.

Southwest for us. It is usually cheaper and also offers early morning nonstop flights. Which makes it great to start our vacation early.

The only downside for me is for FL trips, Allegiant flies into Sanford not MCO.

Yeah. Not having ME is a hurdle. I wonder when they'll fix that?

Probably only if Sanford get's a lot more flights. Looks to be around 16 commercial flights a day. Even if 25 people per trip are staying on property to Disney, and that's probably a high estimate, that's only 400 people a day. Spread that out over 12 hours and it's 33 people per hour, even if it's double at 50 people it's still 65 an hour. Not a lot of traffic. At that rate they would probably only run the buses hourly and I would imagine make stops only where people are staying. Then there is the distance of Sanford being 48 miles from Disney. As the trip to Sanford takes about an hour, and that does not include making stops at the resorts, which would probably add at least 30 min, you are looking at each bus taking at least 4 hours to do a round trip. Add the people you would need to staff the baggage service to that and it really doesn't make any sense to run service to Sanford for that few people.

I pretty much only fly 2 airlines anymore. Southwest and Delta. I prefer Southwest although I don't use them if I'm going to the West Coast because I want a direct flight there and a bit more room in the seat for that long 4 hour flight from Atlanta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts