• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whee! First trip home at Christmas. Need advice!

Shellybird

Mouseketeer
Hi all --

We're planning our first trip home to VWL Dec. 16 to 23. We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge before but have never even seen the VWL.

I hope I'm not too late for MVMCP. I understand it's great. I will call tomorrow.

Any suggestions on the following???

-- Room request? We'll have a 2-bedroom.
-- Other Christmas tips or things not to miss?
-- I've been holding out on making airport reservations for Southwest to December's fares and schedules. Right now, they are only allowing reservations through Oct. 28. In the meantime, I am watching Delta's fares go up. Any insight on this or knowledge as to when Southwest will post their flight availablity?

Thanks everyone! I'm so thrilled to to be going. :rotfl:

Not a lot of tips, just wanted to say congratulations on your first booking....and Christmas season at VWL! Nothing like starting out right! :)

As for 2BR requests, I'd start with smoking/non-smoking first. Other than that, most of the views are the same of the trees. Maybe request near the elevator if your party is not particularly mobile?

Enjoy your trip! :)

Do not miss the Candlelight Processional. It is absolutely awesome. Do the dinner package and if possible try for the later show so that you can really see the candles. It is an absolute must see. The Osborne lights are wonderful. Visit some of the other resorts to see their decorations. We always love going to the GF. Don't forget to bring some lights to decorate your balcony. I've taken a small tree with us to decorate the room. My one suggestion is to stay away from MK on Christmas day if you are there. It's way too crowded. Go to Epcot or MGM. One year we did Christmas dinner at the Brown Derby and that was very good. Make your ps reservations as early as possible. Have a great time.

Shellybird said:
Hi all --

We're planning our first trip home to VWL Dec. 16 to 23. We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge before but have never even seen the VWL.

I hope I'm not too late for MVMCP. I understand it's great. I will call tomorrow.

Any suggestions on the following???

-- Other Christmas tips or things not to miss?

Thanks everyone! I'm so thrilled to to be going. :rotfl:
I've never been to MVMCP but since you are staying through the 23, I think that if you head to MK late in the trip (of course, busier), you will find the same attractions minus the cocoa. I went last year on the 22nd or 23rd and saw the Xmas parade and Twas the night before Xmas which are part of the MVMCP.

Must sees depend on what you like. Some of the things I like are the Osbourne Festival of Lights, the Cinderalla Stories in front of the castle, the xmas parades, Beauty and the Beast Xmas story, the singers in front of the World of Disney at Downtown Disney, the characters sing-n-greet at Epcot in front of the lagoon (numerous characters arrive in bus, sing a little tone, and pose for pictures). My favorite is just to walk around and take in the atmosphere.

Like you, I will be in Orlando but from December 10 to 24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter