When are you Going? Post Your Dates and Find A Match!!! Things to do! Peeps to Meet!

Out of curiosity....does anyone have a reservation or has already done Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White?
I have a reservation for just me :yay: for February but the menu shows that I believe appetizers and desserts are mean to be shared so I wanted to know if they accommodate for just one person at a table or if we get to pig out and eat appetizers and desserts meant for 4......

As per my understanding; you need two people. I have one booked for February 19th but cancelled it because I will be solo...

As per my understanding; you need two people. I have one booked for February 19th but cancelled it because I will be solo...

If it were a minimum of 2 people then the system shouldn't allow you to make the reservation for one.
I'll keep my reservation and see what happens. I doubt they wont let me in.
There's also someone here who will be going in the next few days so we´ll see what she says!

If it were a minimum of 2 people then the system shouldn't allow you to make the reservation for one.

I'll keep my reservation and see what happens. I doubt they wont let me in.
There's also someone here who will be going in the next few days so we´ll see what she says!

Oh it wouldn't let me make a reservation for 1... it only had availability when I selected 2!? If it allowed you to then you should absolutely be able to go solo. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to cancel... but I decided to save it for my birthday trip in July.

Arriving late on 1/9 for the 10K on Friday. Anyone like to share a post-race drink (or two) at Epcot on Friday 1/11 I'm game. I'm free all day on 1/10 too except for hitting up the Expo at WWoS. Good luck to all runners race weekend!!!

PS - how do you add a pic as an avatar?

I’ve noticed a lot of people post their travel dates and I’ve posted replies to people who are travelling at the same time as me, yet there doesn’t seem to be any connections being made. Is this normal? Do solo travellers actually meet in person or is this just a space to chat? I’m so excited for my first solo trip!

I’ve noticed a lot of people post their travel dates and I’ve posted replies to people who are travelling at the same time as me, yet there doesn’t seem to be any connections being made. Is this normal? Do solo travellers actually meet in person or is this just a space to chat? I’m so excited for my first solo trip!
Same thing here. I'm going to Disneyland March 17-21 and Disneyworld October 21-25. Would be fun to meet up with someone.

Same thing here. I'm going to Disneyland March 17-21 and Disneyworld October 21-25. Would be fun to meet up with someone.

I’m at Disneyworld the end of March. I just found it odd that I messaged people as well as posted on a couple different boards that I’d love to meet for coffee, a meal, some rides or whatever but no responses.

I will be there February 2-9th if anyone wants to grab dinner or something. Also going to try and get tickets for the Moonlight Magic on 2/5.

Going solo to WDW 1/28-1/31. MK on 1/28, Epcot on 1/30. And seriously contemplating Magic Kingdom After Dark on Monday 1/28 if anyone cares to meet up. Shoot me a message, let me know! :)

Arriving late on 1/9 for the 10K on Friday. Anyone like to share a post-race drink (or two) at Epcot on Friday 1/11 I'm game. I'm free all day on 1/10 too except for hitting up the Expo at WWoS. Good luck to all runners race weekend!!!

PS - how do you add a pic as an avatar?

In the Just For Fun section there is a runDisney forum, and a thread for a runners meetup on the 11th. There is also a thread just for Marathon Weekend (suggestion, do not try and read the entire thing since it is a few hundred pages long). Come join us.

I´d love to know how it went if you don't mind!
I am really curious how they go about serving one person a shared appetizer and dessert!

Dopey was not there, and they gave a lame explanation that he was busy working in the mines (even though it was Christmas). Regardless of party size, one single-sized serving of each appetizer and one single-sized serving of each dessert is provided for each person in the party. These are served in single-serving containers. So unlike at Garden Grill, at Artist Point you don't end up with excess food intended for a larger party, by going solo. They still have the same chef, and my chicken entree tasted the same as chicken I'd gotten there before it became storybook dining. The desserts were a bit bizarre and one especially seemed more kid oriented, with loud colors of fruity pebbles mixed in with spongecake - didn't care for that one. The not so poison apple dessert was good, though.

I’ve noticed a lot of people post their travel dates and I’ve posted replies to people who are travelling at the same time as me, yet there doesn’t seem to be any connections being made. Is this normal? Do solo travellers actually meet in person or is this just a space to chat?

Over the years I've met up with many Dis'ers, and some have become friends that I've met again on other trips. BTW my next trip is planned for May 8-16, 2019.

Ive met some people on her before- lots of fun. However, 9/10 I don't get a reply when I post my date. Its just how it goes.

In your case, I think it could be your low post count. Some people may be weary to meet someone who hasn't established themselves on the board.
Me, I don't really care. I am a male who frequently meets people of tinder, so I don't worry about meeting people off the board.
However, someone else may have trepidations meeting a new user, or a user who isnt as social on the boards.

My wife and I just became AP's, though we are former CMs and know the parks pretty well. We are local and going tomorrow. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone wants to meet up at AK that would be cool. We have been trying to meet friends to hang with at the parks. We are relatively young (29 & 31) and without children.

Solo one day only Jan. 5!
I'm in town with family and had the opportunity so took it, hope it's not a horrible mistake, but I hadn't been to Disney since a child.
Will try to do AK in the morning and HS later
My wife and I will be going to AK, probably in the morning. We are local so it is all up to how motivated we are tomorrow lol.

Ive met some people on her before- lots of fun. However, 9/10 I don't get a reply when I post my date. Its just how it goes.

In your case, I think it could be your low post count. Some people may be weary to meet someone who hasn't established themselves on the board.
Me, I don't really care. I am a male who frequently meets people of tinder, so I don't worry about meeting people off the board.
However, someone else may have trepidations meeting a new user, or a user who isnt as social on the boards.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I would not shy away from someone just because they don’t post a lot. To each his own I guess. I work crazy hours to help put my son through med school so I don’t have a lot of spare time to be on social sites. I always seem to run into other solo travellers on the bus, waiting in line or dining so I’m sure I’ll find people to chat with.

Going solo from feb 19- March 3 including the run Disney Fairytale Challenge!

Me too!!! I will be there from February 19 - March 3rd! I'm doing all the Princess races and I'm sooo excited!

I'll be solo (no hubby no kids, yay!) first time ever Feb 23-March 2! Feel free to PM me if either want to meet up for a drink! Staying at All Star Sports (can't justify spending more for just a place to sleep).

Solo trip February 24-28. No real plans at this point. Just excited for sun and warmth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter