When can you book 2021

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I had a trip for the end of June but cancelled it all together - now wondering when I can book a trip for the summer if 2021. Anyone have any ideas when they open for 2021 reservations - is it August or sooner?

It's usually late June to August...but it's anyone's guess with everything currently closed what might happen.

Last edited:
Usually it is anytime from the end of June to sometime in August. I know it's seems up in the air, but usually something gets posted about it later.

I was just coming here to ask this same question. We are booking our first trip for July 2021! I know at WDW, you can book a room only 499 days in advance. Is this something we can do at DL?

WDW just announced that they will be taking 2021 reservations June 28th - so I am hoping that DL won't be far behind.

Following... regardless if we can make it this year or not, 2021 is looking like the my game plan to focus all my planning excitement on. The trips to end all trips, the splurge of the splurges, all the expensive experiences we normally skip we will do. :stitch:

Following... regardless if we can make it this year or not, 2021 is looking like the my game plan to focus all my planning excitement on. The trips to end all trips, the splurge of the splurges, all the expensive experiences we normally skip we will do. :stitch:
I'm thinking the same thing! So far on my list is Walk in Walt's Footsteps, WoC Dessert Party, and a cabana rental for a pool day. Well, assuming those experiences are available. I'm leaning toward GCH but may do DLH. Can't wait for our splurge trip...one day we will get there. :D

I'm thinking the same thing! So far on my list is Walk in Walt's Footsteps, WoC Dessert Party, and a cabana rental for a pool day. Well, assuming those experiences are available. I'm leaning toward GCH but may do DLH. Can't wait for our splurge trip...one day we will get there. :D
LOL ... our May 2020 trip was going to be like this. GCH suite, cabana rental, VIP tour etc.... so now I'm hesitant to get my hopes up again. On the plus side my bank account is looking very healthy after not paying for all that.

LOL ... our May 2020 trip was going to be like this. GCH suite, cabana rental, VIP tour etc.... so now I'm hesitant to get my hopes up again. On the plus side my bank account is looking very healthy after not paying for all that.
I know what you mean. It's like a roller coaster of emotions. I'm being cautiously optimistic about it all. Even if we can only do some of the things from our dream list, I'll just be happy to be at DL again! But it's fun to fantasize until then.

I know what you mean. It's like a roller coaster of emotions. I'm being cautiously optimistic about it all. Even if we can only do some of the things from our dream list, I'll just be happy to be at DL again! But it's fun to fantasize until then.

I’ve been telling myself that by summer 2021 we’ll have a vaccine and life will be on its way to normal. (Please, no debates on this- it’s just my personal mantra for sanity purposes.) I just need some kind of ‘end date’ in my head for my mental health even if it’s not (obviously) a confirmed thing. It just helps me deal better. So that’s why I’m planning our summer 2021 trip with the full intent of normality and all that comes with it. This won’t be forever and even if we don’t know when it will get better, giving yourself a pretend date might help. 🤷‍♀️

I’m not even thinking much about our December date now- just having my planning fun for 2021. I’d love to do the Walk In Walt’s Footsteps tour too. Thinking about doing a ten day trip if 2020 doesn’t work out and just throw all my money at the next one. Maybe spend more time exploring CA than we usually do too.

If I can piggyback... When do resort/ticket packages usually go on sale for the next summer? I'm thinking I may have my TA book a stay that I can use as a back-up for my birthday trip next year if Europe still won't let us in and my cruises can't happen. I went to the website to get a price idea today but couldn't get any dates after December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter