When does Guest Services open

connie1042

DIS Veteran
I rented a scooter for our cruise in Nov. Guest Services will have the key. Not sure of our PAT yet, but is someone going to be there so I can get the key, or will I have to wait until it is open. I don't want to book anything at that time, just want my key.

I believe someone is at Guest Services 24 hours. There may be a line when you first board, but Guest Relations will be open.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am renting one in December, here is what I understand. I filled out a form stating I'm renting one. I understand, because of the form, I will have a wheelchair to get around in the terminal. The scooter will be on deck 2. Not sure when or where I get the key, but if I have a wheelchair that will make it easy.

Just called Disney, because I needed the answer also, here is what I understand. If you have an accessible room room the scooter will be in your room. You will be able to get a wheelchair in the terminal for use until you reach your cabin, it will be available, for getting off the ship. I would check with the room attendant to make sure on availability for getting off.

Guest services is open when they begin admitting passengers to the ship. This includes Back to Back cruisers who are generally let on first. One thing to remember that if you are one of the first people on the ship, you may still need to wait a few minutes since guest services is still readying all sorts of stuff 'behind the wall' so if you don't see someone, there will be someone coming out in just a minute!

I believe someone is at Guest Services 24 hours. There may be a line when you first board, but Guest Relations will be open.

Yes, they are open 24/7 so there will definitely be someone manning it when you board (though maybe in the back as noted).

We rented a scooter for my father-in-law to use on the Fantasy. He had a handicapped accessible stateroom. The rental scooter was parked in front of Enchanted Garden (2nd floor) and the key was at guest services. We just stopped at guest services as soon as we boarded and picked up the key.

What form are you talking about? I am a little worried about the terminal. It looks huge. I think I can do it. I am having hip surgery the day after I return from this trip. Total hip replacement.

Ok, so that was a waste of time. I felled the form out and it would not take the info. Said something was not right. Anyway called Disney and they said they don't do anything ahead of time, that you request it when you get dropped off and drop your luggage off, request a wheelchair from the CM that is there. so I guess that is what I will do.

Disney is usually good on items, but I'm starting to wonder regarding the scooter process. My travel agent contacted Disney and they said all delivery's would be on deck 2, the key would be at guest relations, when arriving go to a CM and they would supply you with a wheelchair till you get your scooter. I called and was told because I had a accessible cabin it would be in our cabin, not on deck 2 all others would be on deck 2, the key would be with the scooter and request the wheelchair when arriving. Then there was the form which I filled out with no problem asking if I needed a wheelchair when arriving. I read on this board that others have had to go to deck 2 not matter what and to pick up the key at guest relations. Also, even filling out the form means nothing, they don't know about the wheelchair till you arrive. I love :love:Disney, but I think they need to really get the process down so everyone knows what's going on. I also will post my experience when we return, we are sailing December 4, 2017

This is the average - prices are based upon a night -
2 Days:
$65.00
3 Days:
$95.00
4 Days:
$125.00
5 Days:
$145.00
6 Days:
$170.00
7 Days:
$185.00

Those who have contacted DCL about a scooter -- did you contact the main DCL number or the Special Services number? I've had great interactions with Special Services and it was always accurate. I suggest confirming your questions with Special Services.

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn't have scooter rental on the list of possible things you can spend money on during a cruise. Added it, now up to 60 items on the list!

Those who have contacted DCL about a scooter -- did you contact the main DCL number or the Special Services number? I've had great interactions with Special Services and it was always accurate. I suggest confirming your questions with Special Services.

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Enjoy your cruise!
Thanks for the info, I called the number
They gave me basically the same as the main number, except that the scooter company is the one that delivers to
deck 2 if you have a accessible cabin than they MAY deliver to the room!
As far as the form, you still need to corner a CM to get the temp wheel chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter