When has it felt that a Disney park has become overcrowded?

We went during a week in October last year that fell on a lot of schools "fall break". We unexpectantly saw huge crowds on our weekdays trip. While we still had a great time, it was because we had early entry every day and left every afternoon and returned in the evening. By about 12 or 1, the park was unbearable, you couldn't walk and it was stressful navigating such crowded spaces with children. I think that feeling of it being overcrowded was compounded by the construction, lack of certain paths that were closed. It's just not fun when it's that crowded.

It is much more crowded than years back ( been going more than 20 years)

Worst was Xmas one year... think sardines trying to maneuver.. awful!
Had my elderly fil with me at the time.. we simply could not move and we both got stressed... and literally had a Wonderful CM that saw us struggling (to get him out) next thing, 2 CM's took us Behind the buildings to allow us to exit safely. We have never returned those few weeks in dec! It was simply Unmanagable.

Had a similar experience near July 4th one year.. but we avoided MK, instead choosing to take full advantage of Poly Club level amenities for That visit n had a great resort stay instead.
Fortunate to be able to choose our visits unhindered now.

It's felt 'crowded' to us since May 2015. Prior to that we went in what was considered the old 'off season' so it was wonderful. In 2014 we went in early August and we classified it as 'very busy' but not 'crowded'. But since the 24 hr kick off for the 60th, it's been crazy crowded every time we've gone. I don't know if it's just that we now go during traditional 'no school' periods or if it really is simply more crowded.

I think it got really crowded when they started the monthly payment plan for APs. That made to possible for a lot more people to get them.

My wife and I went two days after Christmas in 2010...the lines were crazy long and at some walking points, we were packed like cattle (New Orleans sq). Cast members everywhere were constantly telling people to keep walking...yeah it was a but uncomfortable feeling.

Years ago, the day after Christmas with some visiting relatives. It was horrible! I swore then NEVER AGAIN would we go anytime around Christmas!

My wife and I went two days after Christmas in 2010...the lines were crazy long and at some walking points, we were packed like cattle (New Orleans sq). Cast members everywhere were constantly telling people to keep walking...yeah it was a but uncomfortable feeling.

This may have been the day after we went....it was awful!

Trying to enter to ride one last ride during parade/firework crowds. Dumbest thing we EVER did. I was in a wheelchair. It was horrible.

Memorial Day. Kids wanted to go and I took them against my better judgment. I think we only lasted a couple of hours, just wall to wall people.

Trying to enter to ride one last ride during parade/firework crowds. Dumbest thing we EVER did. I was in a wheelchair. It was horrible.

Try getting off Its a Small World during the Christmas Fireworks! People literally stand on the bridge because its a great view, but you got CMs on loudspeakers pretty much yelling at people to get off the bridge. Then when you're off, its another cattle gathering.

Have you ever experience something like that?
Yes, I've experienced very heavy park crowds at the Magic Kingdom on July 3rd a few years ago (predictable), and at Animal Kingdom during the first week of February a few years ago (not predictable).

For me, it was the 60th anniversary. The main street was always crowded (full with seat savers for the fireworks and paint the night parade), and tomorrowland was a bottleneck situation. The crowds died down by evening though.

Try getting off Its a Small World during the Christmas Fireworks! People literally stand on the bridge because its a great view, but you got CMs on loudspeakers pretty much yelling at people to get off the bridge. Then when you're off, its another cattle gathering.

Noooooooo That's awful.

When the line for Small World overflows across the walkway. That was insane.
When Pirates line winds around and up the hill to the bridge.
When you can barely see the ground walking through Adventureland.

It's a sh*tshow and nothing makes that enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!