Fantasyland refurb/construction?

Is it just me, or are there very few actual rides planned for this very large section of land? Restaurants and meet and greets yes, but I don't see the animetronics Disney is known for. I watched the Little mermaid sneak peak as possible attraction and it reminds me a lot of the nemo ride at Epcot. I like that ride a lot, but I wouldn't consider it something Disney invested a lot of resources on. I consider arcades a cop out. Parents have a hard enough time getting their kids out of game system mode to spend time with the family. Ticket prices keep going up, I expect the quality and amount of rides to at least stay even. I will hold out final judgment of course, I just hope it's not just another spread out area to kill time so the rides lines don't get too long.

Ah-finally a voice of dissent. I've been waiting for the euphoria to die down. While I welcome the upgrade, I'm disappointed that there's no significant increase in the number of rides. Also, if this is an expansion, why are they stopping at the old park boundary and not expanding beyond it to the train line?

Ah-finally a voice of dissent. I've been waiting for the euphoria to die down. While I welcome the upgrade, I'm disappointed that there's no significant increase in the number of rides. Also, if this is an expansion, why are they stopping at the old park boundary and not expanding beyond it to the train line?

I agree completely. The new stuff looks cool. But it looks like the new area is double the size of the current fantasyland. And I haven't heard of many new rides at all.

I would expect with the new fantasyland area that large, at least 10 new rides. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Personally, I'd love a ton more of the dark rides. With movies like Robin Hood or the Rescuers.

I think it will look pretty cool & it is time for a make over, but there won't be much for my boys to do. I plan on walking thru to check everything out, but my boys won't want to do any of the princess activities. We will hit dumbo, barnstormer, & try ariel ride. It would be nice if there was another big ride going in. I am actually hoping that this will keep lines down to nothing at the rest of the park for awhile so my boys can ride the bigger rides.

Its nice to be able to see the new plans for the expansion, but I wonder..........we cant see underground so to speak, I wonder if they will be extending that utilidoor spoke out under the new construction........would make sense.

Does anyone know when they are going to start with the fantasyland changes? I hope there won't be a lot of construction when we go in January!

Internet rumors say that walls will begin going up in November, but Disney hasn't officially given a date. For the most part, the construction should have little to no impact on your trip in January. :)

during the press conference which followed the announcement, they said you'll begin noticing changes by end of 2010. they will be concentrating in the areas currently off limits to guests to start with.

When will everything be FINISHED as in no construction, everything is ready to go? We aren't going until 2011 and my princess loves disney princesses! princess:

♥♥LittleSeaRose♥♥;33611703 said:
When will everything be FINISHED as in no construction, everything is ready to go? We aren't going until 2011 and my princess loves disney princesses! princess:
Most of it will be finished in 2012. Pixie Hollow will follow in 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter