When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

The Disneyland version of Fantasmic will always beat Walt Disney World’s version in my mind. I am someone who believes the Walt Disney World version needs to go through a massive refurbishment and an upgrade! In my opinion, the original Disneyland Fantasmic and the new version far exceed the Walt Disney World version. It will take A LOT for the Walt Disney World version to ever be considered better than Disneyland’s.

I have never been a fan of Fantasmic! at WDW. I've seen it a few times, but it's not an every trip thing for me. It had been a few years, so in January, my husband and I went. It was just as oddly disjointed as always, one of the floats was missing, and just felt meh like always; however, I did enjoy my snack box and glowing drink since we purchased the VIP dessert package. That was the only highlight to the show for us though. I would love to see a refurb in it's future!

I have never been a fan of Fantasmic! at WDW. I've seen it a few times, but it's not an every trip thing for me. It had been a few years, so in January, my husband and I went. It was just as oddly disjointed as always, one of the floats was missing, and just felt meh like always; however, I did enjoy my snack box and glowing drink since we purchased the VIP dessert package. That was the only highlight to the show for us though. I would love to see a refurb in it's future!
I completely agree with you! Walt Disney World really needs to refurbish that show or somehow change it.

That's cool you have done the Dessert package. I haven't done the Fantasmic one before. I usually do dinner packages more than dessert packages.

Day 6: A Morning At Disney California Adventure!

Hello everyone and welcome to day 6 of our trip to Southern California, and my 2nd day at the Disneyland Resort. My Dad would not join me again on this day so I had another day to myself, as well as, with a friend. :)

I would wake up bright and early once again and make it to the Esplanade about 10 minutes before rope drop. However, I was greeted at the Esplanade with one of the most crowded times I have ever seen this area before the park opened. The only other times I have seen it this busy were when Cars Land opened (I slept on the ground the night before), and right before one of the 24 hour events.

I elected to go to Disney California Adventure first.

I would finally enter Disney California Adventure, and I would make my way to Cars Land!

I had just noticed these Pixar movie posters in the style with Cars on them. I thought these were awesome, and I am assuming they re decorations for Pixar Fest.

More pictures of Cars Land:

Everyone was making their way to Radiator Springs Racers. While everyone was going in the fastpass queue or the stand-by queue, I went into the single rider queue. :)

There was absolutely no wait in the single rider queue and ended up waiting about 2 minutes to get on the ride.

I would then make my way to dance with a car at Luigi’s Rollicking roadsters!

I wanted a yellow (my favorite color) car, but someone stole that car before I could get to it. So, I was left with a blue car.

It was now time for my first fastpass of the day. I would finally go on Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout on this trip after skipping it the previous day.

If you have followed me on the boards for a while, you probably know that I am not a huge Marvel/super hero fan. Therefore, I really miss Tower of Terror. I understand how people really like this ride for the theming. In my mind, I don’t get it. I don’t understand it, but that is probably understandable since I haven’t even seen the movie that this attraction is based around. I do like the attraction for the “fun” aspect. However, this rides moves up and down way to much and has made me feel sick sometimes and on other occasions, I have felt fine. It is definitely not Tower of Terror which is easy for me to ride since it actually stops at each level except for the drop sequence.

After riding Guardians of the Galaxy, I came across the Newsies singing group passing by in the Hollywood area which is always cool, because Mickey is always at the back of the trolley.

It was time for my second fastpass of the day. That would be for Soarin: Around the World!

No wait for the fastpass queue.

Always ask for B1!

I really enjoy the film they show in the boarding area. It is really cool to see where we will be traveling to on our flying adventure.

Then I got to enjoy seeing Patrick. :)

If you want my opinion on this version of Soarin, here it is…

Disney…Please bring the California film back to Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure and leave the “Around the World” film for EPCOT.

It is still a great ride, but it’s annoying how 66% of the people that see this ride will see the Leaning Tower of Eiffel. :D

I would then make my way into the Grizzly Peak area which is probably my favorite area of the park.

It was then time to get wet on Grizzly River Rapids. This would be my 3rd fastpass of the day.

After riding Grizzly River Rapids, I would meet up with Willis (@wnwardii) again where we would spend the afternoon together.

We would decide to make our way over to Disneyland for the afternoon.

More in my next post.

Day 6: An Afternoon In Disneyland!

Willis and I would arrive in Disneyland! :)

Willis would get word that Tom Bell from the Disneyland Edition of the Dis Unplugged was going to be entering Disneyland soon. So, we decided to wait for him that way we would have the chance to say hello.

We would make our way over to Alien Pizza Planet (which wasn’t open yet, but just had the awkward sign and the decorations were up inside. We would not get any food here.

I was very interested in going to Bengal Barbecue to try the new pork sandwich. So, that’s where we would head next since I still needed to eat lunch.

Honestly, the pork sandwich wasn’t anything special, and it wasn’t very good for the price. It was rather expensive for a quick service meal. I spent about $19 for this and a bottle water. The pork was very difficult to eat which is one of the main reasons I didn’t like this. The macaroni salad and the chips were good though. :D

Willis and I would then make our way back to Tomorrowland where we would ride the Disneyland Monorail in the front. :)

At this point, I was really wanting Monorail Blue that way I could see the Nemo monorail wrap. No luck yet.

We would eventually arrive back in Tomorrowland. As we were on the monorail, we noticed that the new queue area for It’s A Small Area was complete, as well as, the moving over of the parade starting door. This area turned out to be really nice.

We would then make way to Mickey’s Toontown.

We really just walked around the area which was fine with me, because there are so many details to this land.

You can see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge from Toontown.

We found baby ducklings!!!

I had to stop and get my favorite Disney snack, a churro!

Willis and I would then make our way to ride the Mark Twain Riverboat! I really like taking the boat around Tom Sawyer’s Island now with the new scenic railroad route.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge construction from the Mark Twain!

We definitely had a great cruise aboard the Mark Twain!

Our next stop would be the Haunted Mansion! :)

There was something I hadn’t done at Disneyland in a long time which is one of my favorite things to see. That is the Flag Retreat Ceremony. So, Willis and I would make our way to Town Square where we were able to get a seat on a bench and wait for the show.

Eventually, the Disneyland Band would arrive and the performance would begin. If the Dapper Dans are in Disneyland on a day that you are there, they will also perform with the Disneyland Band. However, it was just the Disneyland Band today.

If you haven’t witnessed the Disneyland Flag Retreat Ceremony before, I highly recommend to check it out at least one time on your next trip.

After the flag retreat ceremony, Willis and I heard earlier in the day that Disney was going to do media previews of all of the Pixar Fest entertainment today. So, we had enough time to make our way towards the Matterhorn to grab a spot for the preview performance of the Pixar Play Parade. As we walked down Main Street, we spotted the Dis sign which is where the Dis media crew would end up.

Willis and I would find a great spot for the first public appearance of the Pixar Play Parade in Disneyland Park.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Day 6: Pixar Play Parade Preview - Part 1!

Willis and I would find a great spot for the first performance of the Pixar Play Parade inside Disneyland Park right by the Matterhorn.

This performance of the parade took place the day before there actual “Opening Date” of the parade and the start of Pixar Fest. This was mostly a media preview parade, but it is open to everyone on a first come-first serve basis except for the reserved areas for the media. All of the reserved areas seemed to be toward the end of Main Street by Town Square.

Eventually, the parade would begin! :)

Enjoy some pictures of the parade:

NEW start of the parade:

Monsters Inc./University:

The Incredibles:

NEW Inside Out float:

Finding Nemo:

More in my next post!

Reactions: DLo
Day 6: Pixar Play Parade Preview - Part 2!

Bugs Life:

The NEW Up section:

Toy Story:

That would be the end of the parade.

Here are my thoughts…As someone who grew up for many years in this part of the world and seeing the Pixar Play Parade a couple times over at Disney California Adventure. In my opinion, this parade has no business being in Disneyland Park. It’s a great parade, but people expect to see a different type of parade inside Disneyland. If I had the parades my way, I wish Paint the Night stayed in Disneyland and the Pixar Play Parade stayed Disney California Adventure (which has more Pixar properties in that park).

The parade definitely went through a refurbishment. I got a lot more wet then I used to, because I think they fixed a lot of the squirters on the floats that might have not been working before. I wish the Inside Out section had more than just a float. It felt really empty. My new favorite part of the parade is probably the Up section. I really like how they did Russell and Kevin, and the float was nice as well. This parade is still a great parade to see.

So, after the parade, it was time for me to leave Disneyland for the day since I had another “California Highlight” coming up this evening.

I would say farewell to Willis, but I would see him again the next day. It was time for me to head back to my hotel’s bus stop and make my way back to the hotel to meet up with my Dad.

More in my next post!

Day 6: California Highlights - Anaheim Ducks Playoff Game!

I would arrive back to the hotel, and my Dad and I would make a 15-minute drive to the Honda Center. That is where my favorite hockey team, the Anaheim Ducks, plays, and they had just clinched home-ice advantage in the playoffs a couple days prior. So, I was really happy that my Dad and I would have the opportunity to go to a game.

We would arrive at the Honda Center for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against the San Jose Sharks!

The Anaheim Ducks along with the entire NHl had a thing going where they would honor the Humboldt Broncos which had a tragic bus accident a couple days prior by having players and fans leave their sticks outside the stadium. It was definitely a moving scene.

We would make it inside, and my Dad and I made it up to the upper-level where our seats were.

My Dad and I getting ready for the game!

It was time for the pre-game ceremony! This is one of my favorite parts about any Stanley Cup Playoff Game.

It was almost a miracle that the Anaheim Ducks clinched the Stanley Cup Playoffs and even home-ice advantage based on the season that we had. They had so many injuries. So, when I first planned this trip, I didn’t even think I would get to see a home game when I was there. I thought they would be starting on the road.

It was now time for some Stanley Cup Playoff Hockey!

Well, the Anaheim Ducks would lose 3-0 in game 1 to the San Jose Sharks. So, that was rough to watch, but my Dad and I still had a great time.

The Anaheim Ducks would eventually get swept by the San Jose Sharks in Round 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stay tuned for Day 7 updates and the official start to Pixar Fest!

Finally back to reading TRs!

I had just noticed these Pixar movie posters in the style with Cars on them. I thought these were awesome, and I am assuming they re decorations for Pixar Fest.

They are pretty great. At Halloween they also had versions of horror movies. I can't remember if they also did Christmas ones.

Disney…Please bring the California film back to Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure and leave the “Around the World” film for EPCOT.
Agreed wholeheartedly!

So I noticed one time when I was riding the train, behind that waterfall is another boat area. I think for the maintenance boats, so as to hide from view when people are traveling around the rivers! You can even see the tracks to prevent them from knocking into the bridge supports!

The parade definitely went through a refurbishment. I got a lot more wet then I used to, because I think they fixed a lot of the squirters on the floats that might have not been working before. I wish the Inside Out section had more than just a float. It felt really empty.
Yeah, you'd think they could do some stuff with dancers or something.

Finally back to reading TRs!

They are pretty great. At Halloween they also had versions of horror movies. I can't remember if they also did Christmas ones.

Agreed wholeheartedly!

So I noticed one time when I was riding the train, behind that waterfall is another boat area. I think for the maintenance boats, so as to hide from view when people are traveling around the rivers! You can even see the tracks to prevent them from knocking into the bridge supports!

Yeah, you'd think they could do some stuff with dancers or something.
- Glad you had a safe trip!

- That is really cool that they do those posters during Halloween as well. I haven't been during Halloween in a while so I'll have to check them out if I ever go. I was there during Christmas last year, and I don't recall seeing any special posters in Cars Land.

- I want the California film back. :(

- I do believe they store the Fantasmic boats back there as well.

SPECIAL UPDATE: A Trip to Oregon and Arizona - Part 1!

Hello everyone, and welcome to a very special update! I am taking a quick break from my Disneyland trip to tell all of you about a recent experience I was able to have. I am also including this, because some of these options might be a nice add-on to a Disneyland vacation.

I recently got to take a trip to Oregon and Arizona. I basically did a “triangle” trip from Kansas with flying from Kansas to Oregon, Oregon to Arizona, and Arizona back to Kansas.

I am thinking Oregon would be a great add-on especially if you decide to take a trip up the California coast. There are some aspects of Oregon (one I will get to) that is fairly close to the Northern border of California. There is also a nice option in Arizona that I went to which is a nice option from California that is definitely worth a visit if you haven’t been.

So, I hope you enjoy these two updates about a recent trip I got to experience! :)

So, my trip would start by flying to Portland, Oregon!

I would later land in Portland, get my rental car, drive to my hotel, and make my way to my next destination in Portland.

One reason for flying to Portland, Oregon was to catch my favorite MLS Soccer Club playing the Portland Timbers. That is Sporting Kansas City!

The Portland Timbers stuck all of us Kansas City fans in the top corner of their stadium. :D

I was really excited to check out the atmosphere of Providence Park.

Sporting Kansas City would eventually draw the Portland Timbers by a score of 0-0, but I think we should have had the victory based on the amount of chances we made. I will gladly take a point on the road though. Go SKC! :)

The next day, I would make my way to Bend, Oregon, because I have some friends that live in Central Oregon. I would drive over the beautiful Cascade Mountains before arriving in Central Oregon.

The next day, my friends would take me to Sisters, Oregon which gave me the feel of Frontierland with the “small town” aspect.

We would stop at several different places to take pictures of some of the mountains in the Cascades. These right here are called the Sisters.

I think this was Mount Jefferson.

I don’t remember the name of this mountain, but I like the picture. :D

My friends and I would also walk around the river that runs through Bend, Oregon.

The next day, we would make our way to a destination that I was really looking forward to!

We would finally arrive at one of the places that I have been looking forward to seeing my entire life. That place is Crater Lake National Park!

One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

The water at this lake is absolutely beautiful!

This lake is definitely unique with the island that is inside the middle of it.

It was great finally getting to see the deepest lake in North America and the 9th deepest lake in the world!

On our way back to Bend, Oregon, we would drive by a place where there are a bunch of lava fields.

The next day was sadly my final day in Oregon. So, my friends would drive me back to Portland to catch my flight to Arizona. I had dropped off my rental car earlier in the trip in Bend.

On our way, we drove by the Columbia River which is an absolutely beautiful drive!

We also stopped at Multnomah Falls which I was not able to go up to the bridge due to a recent fire that happened last year.

My friends would drop me off at the airport, I would board my flight, and I was off to Arizona. On my flight, I had a beautiful view of the Cascades.

Oregon is the most beautiful state I have ever been to in the continuous 48 states. I will always say Alaska is the most beautiful state I have ever been to. If you ever have the chance to go to Oregon, I highly recommend it! It is very easy to spend a week or more in that state.

More in my next post!

SPECIAL UPDATE: A Trip to Oregon and Arizona - Part 2!

I would land in Phoenix, Arizona to meet another friend of mine. He would pick me up from the airport, and I had a very special request for him. I made the request that he takes me to In-N-Out for dinner. :)

In-N-Out still has my favorite burgers/milkshakes! I highly recommend you give it a try if you have never been on a Disneyland vacation. :)

It was pretty late when I arrived in Arizona so we didn’t have much time until our adventure the next day. We would wake up pretty early in the morning to drive 2 and a half hours north to Williams, Arizona for a very special experience.

My friend and I were off to the Grand Canyon by the Grand Canyon Railway! So, when we arrived, we got to see a Wild West Show. :)

It was time to board the train! :)

The train ride takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach the Grand Canyon.

We would eventually arrive to the most beautiful site that I have ever seen. That is the Grand Canyon. Pictures really don’t do this place justice.

Enjoy many pictures of the Grand Canyon:

The wildlife can be spotted in several areas of the Grand Canyon.

It was time to say goodbye to the Grand Canyon! I could really spend several days here.

It was time to board the train and make our way back to Williams, Arizona.

On the train ride back, we got robbed. :D

We would arrive back at Williams, Arizona after another 2 hour and 15 minute train ride.

At this point, my friend and I would make our way back to Phoenix, Arizona.

If you have never been to the Grand Canyon, I really recommend to go and see it! It is one of the most breathtaking places you can ever visit!

The next day, my friend and I would travel around Phoenix before deciding to go to the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game. They would be facing the New York Mets this evening.

When we arrived at the stadium, I found a little piece of Disney. That is a Mickey that was given to each team when the Angels hosted the All-Star game several years ago.

Our view of the game.

New York Mets fans travel really well to the point that the stadium was definitely a home game for the Mets even though it was in Arizona. The Mets fans pretty much took over this entire section.

The New York Mets would eventually win the game.

The next morning, it was time for me to say goodbye to my friend. It was bright and early, because I had to get home to spend Fathers Day with my Dad.

So, I hope you enjoyed these two special updates about a recent experience I had. If you haven’t been to any of these places, they would make a great add-on to any California vacation.

So, stay tuned for my Disneyland updates returning shortly, as well as, the start of Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort!

Announcing my next Trip Report!!!

Hello everyone! I have a trip to Walt Disney World quickly approaching and my next trip report has just gone live! I hope all of you will join me on my next Disney adventure!

To get to my next trip report, click the title below:

A Solo Trip: The Heartbeat of Freedom!

I look forward to seeing many of you following along on my next Disney adventure! :)

Looks like some gorgeous places you got to visit! I have been to the Grand Canyon once - we went to walk on the skybridge, since I'm an engineering geek and all!

Looks like some gorgeous places you got to visit! I have been to the Grand Canyon once - we went to walk on the skybridge, since I'm an engineering geek and all!
I would never walk on that bridge, but the Grand Canyon is one of my favorite places to go and visit.

Followed you over here from your Feb 2018 trip report. We were in SoCal at the beginning of June and did 3 days at DL/CA.
Thank you for joining in! I hope you enjoyed my favorite Disney Resort! :)

I just noticed you will be staying at SSR in July. We are staying there in November. I'm going to head over and read the trip report for that!

Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 1!

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 7 of our trip to California! Today would be a very exciting day for a couple reasons. One was that my Dad would finally join me at Disneyland. Another is that it was the start of Pixar Fest. The next reason is that my Dad and I were switching to a 3rd hotel on this trip!

So, my Dad and I would wake up very early in the morning because we were transferring hotels. We weren’t going to any hotel. We were going to a hotel that we have never stayed at before, but we have been to many times. That hotel is the Disneyland Hotel!

I was very excited to stay at this hotel!

We would arrive at the front where we would go check-in before making our way to our building since our room was actually ready.

My Dad and I were staying in the Frontier Tower which is where I was really hoping to stay since Frontierland is my favorite Disneyland themed land.

There was one thing that I was NOT expecting with this stay. That is my Dad and I were placed on the TOP level of the Frontier tower which is also the only building AND floor at the Disneyland Hotel that has balconies in their resort rooms.

At first, I thought this was a mistake, because there was no way my Dad and I deserved to have this room. We were staying here on DVC points so I wondered if we had gotten a little bit of an upgrade due to that, but I know we booked a standard room. It turns out, when the hotel doesn’t have all of their suites booked, they are able to make this floor into guest rooms and it is basically the “luck of the draw.”

Anyways, we would have an incredible view from our stateroom which offered us some views into Disney California Adventure.

Since Pixar Fest had just started, the room keys for the hotel were themed for the celebration!

I will have more on the resort and our room in my upcoming Disneyland Hotel overview update. So, stay tuned for that if you are interested in what I thought about the Disneyland Hotel! :)

So, my Dad and I would make our way to Disneyland and the start of Pixar Fest!

We would leave our hotel room and walk under this Sorcerer Hat for the first time as resort guests! :)

My Dad and I would then decide to take the monorail into Disneyland instead of walking to the main entrance.

Times guide for the start of Pixar Fest!

I was really happy that we decided to take the monorail, because I got to see Monorail Blue for the first time on this trip! I think I like the Finding Nemo pictures more than the Incredibles on Monorail Orange. In my opinion, it matches better.

The people that were in the front of the monorail into Downtown Disney decided to leave at Downtown Disney so my Dad and I hopped in the front! :)

My Dad and I would then make our way to the Tomorrowland Train Station since he has yet to see the new New Orleans Square to Toontown train route!

I definitely had the perfect shirt on for the start of Pixar Fest! SQUIRREL!

The train would eventually arrive at the station.

We would get off the train at Toontown Depot and make our way to It’s A Small World. This would be my first chance to really check out the new extended queue for the attraction.

I really like the new extended queue area a lot. I think it will really help a lot this upcoming Christmas season when the attraction has their overlay.

It was time to take the cruise around the world!

It’s always great getting that song stuck in your head. :D

More in my next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter