• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to book a LV Vacation?

rszdtrvl

DIS Veteran
When is the best time to book a Las Vegas vacation?

We went in January and only booked 5 days in advance (through travelocity.com). And we plan on going next January (2011) again.

Is it best to book last minute, or how far in advance should I plan and book? It seems to me like the prices I am getting now are similar to the price I paid with only a few days notice.

I have signed up to get hot travel deals from Alaska Airlines in case there is a sale (we leave from SEA), so just in case we get an amazing deal in the email we can jump on it.

Thanks!

When is the best time to book a Las Vegas vacation?

We went in January and only booked 5 days in advance (through travelocity.com). And we plan on going next January (2011) again.

Is it best to book last minute, or how far in advance should I plan and book? It seems to me like the prices I am getting now are similar to the price I paid with only a few days notice.

I have signed up to get hot travel deals from Alaska Airlines in case there is a sale (we leave from SEA), so just in case we get an amazing deal in the email we can jump on it.

Thanks!
What dates in January . . . check the LVCVA's convention calendar and if it's over the dates of the Consumer Electronic Show, then book NOW. Or, if you want a hotel that's the headquarter hotel of any other convention (SHOT show, World of Concrete, etc), book NOW.

As the economy get better, more convention business is going to get booked and rooms will be more costly and harder to book. You see amazing deals when the hotel need to fill their rooms. If hotels are sold out, then no amazing deals.

I would book the best deal you can find now, but book direct through the hotel and make sure the cancel policy is as small a window as possible, like full refund 3 days prior to arrival. Then keep looking on the wholesaler websites and if you find something better, book the better deal & cancel your first reservation.

Here's the LVCVA's convention calendar:

http://www.lvcva.com/meetings/convention-calendar.jsp

Have fun planning your trip!

I often rebook several times before a trip as I find better deals. Once we decide, I go ahead & book my hotel of choice/best deal. Then I check frequently!

We decided to book early.

With airfare prices being higher than normal, we wanted to confirm quickly.

I priced around - everything separate, and then a package.

We ended up going with an expedia package - 3 nights at Excalibur, airport transfers, and airfare for around $535.

I think we got a decent deal. We stayed at Bally's last time and thought it was okay. I am not a huge gambler, and neither is DH, so the Excalibur should be fun for us.

I'm excited! As soon as school is out, I will put up our new ticker for our Anniversary trip!

JLima said it best. If there is a major event, book now. Otherwise, last minute is usually best. Most of the time there is at least one hotel that has excess capacity and you can get a great deal 1-4 weeks in advance. January is not a particularly busy time except for conventions.

Remember that if you're booking last minute, you should try to be flexible on your location. you may not find anything on central strip but a great deal south strip, etc.

Remember that if you're booking last minute, you should try to be flexible on your location. you may not find anything on central strip but a great deal south strip, etc.

Being Flexible is key. But if you need a certain hotel or room type it's better to do it months out. The hotels all adjust rates based on demand and you don't want to get pinched because you waited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter