When to book for best rates?

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
We are looking at a Universal trip in October of 2019. I’ve been watching the rates at the deluxe resorts for this October climb steadily since January. Is this normal? Will I see discounts come out closer to fall or is it best to book super early? I don’t really care which resort we end up at, I just want to get the best possible price for a week at any hotel with express passes included.

October is a busy month and rooms fill up eventually

I go each October due to hhn event

I’m always booked by December at the latest in order to get a rate I can live with
I book a two week stay and there are always openings for what I need if I would book in March of the following year

I find decent rates for Sunday thru Thursday into June

After that, not as easy if you want to include the weekend and weekdays for certain weeks

At some point to get a Friday night stay, a Saturday night is required also for your booking

That’s due to hhn events

Most are going for that event

Some room categories do sell out

Many want to book the standard room as it’s nit as expensive

If you plan on October 2019, book before March 2019

And you can book a year out
Modify your room rate if a better rate appears

To change a booking date may be necessary to cancel a reservation and make a new one

October is a busy month and rooms fill up eventually

I go each October due to hhn event

I’m always booked by December at the latest in order to get a rate I can live with
I book a two week stay and there are always openings for what I need if I would book in March of the following year

I find decent rates for Sunday thru Thursday into June

After that, not as easy if you want to include the weekend and weekdays for certain weeks

At some point to get a Friday night stay, a Saturday night is required also for your booking

That’s due to hhn events

Most are going for that event

Some room categories do sell out

Many want to book the standard room as it’s nit as expensive

If you plan on October 2019, book before March 2019

And you can book a year out
Modify your room rate if a better rate appears

To change a booking date may be necessary to cancel a reservation and make a new one

I didn’t realize I can book a year in advance! I definitely want standard rooms. Sunday-Friday should be the cheapest bet?

As alluded to the best time to book is now. :) If rates go up, you have your lower rate locked in. If rates go down (i.e. they offer an AP rate, etc.) then you can call and switch your rate to the lower rate.

The moral of the story is the earlier the better. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter