When to schedule Sea World, lego land and Fantasmic

Kauinohea

Mouseketeer
Our family (me, DH, DD10, DD8, and DS1 1/2) will be in DL July 24-Aug 1. Our return flight is @ 3:00 at SNA on Aug 1.
We have 8 day hoppers and also want to go to Seal World, Leggo Land, and Priority Seating for Fantasmic. Any idea what the best days would be for planning those? Is there any difference between fantasmic and fireworks between Friday and Saturday?

Anyone know if we should plan on a DL evening following Sea world or Leggo Land? We are using greyhoung tours and should be back in Anaheim by 6:30. Which one will tire us out more:confused3

We are thinking of this:

Friday, July 24 (arrive SNA 8:59) - DL/CA[Day1] & Fantasmic
Saturday, July 25 - DL/CA[Day2] & Goofy's Kitchen for brunch
Sunday, July 26 - DL/CA[Day3]
Monday, July 27 -Seaworld, DL/CA[Day4]
Tuesday, July 28 -DL/CA[Day5], Minnie Character meal
Wed, July 29 - LeggoLand
THurs, July 30 - DL/CA[Day6]
Fri, July 31 - DL/CA[Day7]
Sat, Aug 1- DL/CA [Day8]

That is a rather breakneck schedule. If it were me, I'd work some naps in there and time to go back to the hotel and rest. Seaworld, Legoland, and DL are grueling in August. But, that's enough of the unsolicited advice! :) On to your questions.

First, understand that Seaworld is much further away from DL than is Legoland, so you might want to take that into account in your planning. To get back to DL by 6:30 on a work day, you'll be passing right through Southern California during afternoon rush hour, and it could be a very long journey. Even with no traffic, it's about a 2 hour drive. Legoland is much further north, so maybe 1:15 with good traffic conditions. Rush hour on a Thursday? All bets are off.

A second issue -- look into the racing schedule at Del Mar racetrack. If you're traveling through Del Mar, as you would be for Seaworld, at track opening or closing, the I5 can basically come to a standstill. You might want to check that out.

After that, I think your main issue is whether you would rather do weekend days at DL or at the other two parks. If it were me, I'd try to structure things to make it as noncrowded as I could. Of the 4 parks, Seaworld is the best to tour during peak times. Many of the best events are in massive stadiums, so even when it is very crowded, there are not huge lines. They have one great ride there -- Journey to Atlantis -- but the line for that is always long. It's a good park for a Saturday or Sunday. You can save your weekdays for the other three parks which are more affected by crowds. On the other side of the coin, legoland is MOST affected by crowds. None of the rides (or pretty much none) are continuous loading rides like you're used to at DL. Instead, they are single-loading rides -- like Dumbo at DL for example. In other words, they let 15 people on the ride, it goes for 3 minutes, then they unload and let 15 more people on. Even a small appearing line can take a very very long time. Do legoland on a weekday. I think it sometimes closes on Tuesday and Wednesday, although probably not in July. Check their calendar online.

Have fun.

I was hoping to keep this on the DIsneyland site so that those experts could help me choose my non-disneyland days based on how crowded DL is etc.

lark - thank you for the advise. We're definately going to do afternoon breaks at the hotel. I'm just trying to figure out what days are best to book Sea World and Leggo land. Maybe those one of those should be on Sunday since the traffic is so bad.

Are you going straight to the park on July 24 or are you checking into your hotel first? You're flying in from Hawaii right? I would be concerned about what would happen if your flight is delayed. Would your F! tickets be refundable if you don't make it? I would not schedule F! on your first night in the park. Just making it up Main St will be a nightmare on a Friday night peak season, and fireworks will be just starting at around 9:25. After fireworks, all those people on Main St are going to be fighting their way to ROA to see F! and whoever is not will be fighting their way in the opposite direction trying to leave the park. :scared1: I would reschedule F! Sorry I can't help with the rest because I've never experienced it. But I have experienced going to the parks on a Friday night peak season and arriving during fireworks. :scared: Beautiful to see, but scary crowds. Plus most people say to arrive and check in a couple hours early for the best Priority Seating seats. Otherwise you can end up with an obstructed or less than stellar view.
ETA: sorry I assumed you were arriving at 8:59pm. If you arrive in the am then none of the above applies.

We arrive at 8:59 AM on Friday. We are going to take our bags to the hotel (since check in at HOJO is not until 3:00) then head to the parks until check in time.

I used to enjoy going to Seaworld and all the other So Cal theme parks in either Spring or Fall. Best for the temps, least amount of crowds and most amount of rides open.

Honestly you have quite a schedule there, especially with a toddler. Sea World and Legoland via tour bus will be LONG days.

We usually split our trip up and stay in Carlsbad 3 or 4 days and do Legoland and Sea World (we used to do the zoo but it was too much). Then we go to Disney for 3 days. No way could we go back and forth. Sea World for us is an exhausting day...we LOVE it---see about 4 shows, tour all the exhibits and aren't tall enough for any rides yet (my girls are now 6 and 4 and we have been going since they were 18 mo and 3). We are done there by 5pm and wiped out for the day...back to the hotel for dinner, baths and bed if I want them to be in any kind of shape to do anything the next day.

Legoland is a bit different...no big shows to sit and relax in, more typical theme park. You will be standing in lines a lot, really not a ton for the little one to do so he will be in the water area or the playground area much of the day or being held/entertained while someone takes the older children on the rides.

Can't help much with fantasmic...we have never been---too scary and too late so far. Might try it this summer! But I don't think I would do it your first day...not sure what your time change is, but I would wait and see how your toddler reacts before scheduling something that late your first night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter