When to take a day break from the parks?

mocame

Mouseketeer
My DD and I are going to Disneyland and DCA for the first time during the week before Memorial Day ( 5/17 to 5/22). We want to take one day off from the parks to tour Los Angeles/Hollywood and I am trying to figure out which day would be the best to take off from the parks. Our choice is either on Monday, which I was hearing are really busy, or on Wednesday which is a Grad Night.

Monday vs. Grad Night...Are Mondays still really busy? Which would be the most crowded day to take off from the parks?

We are planning on going to see Los Angeles and Hollywood through a tour company so we will not have to be driving. Our only days we can take the tour are on Mondays and Wednesdays because we fly in and leave on the weekends.

Mondays are still very busy. Also, be aware that the SoCal Ticket Promotion ends on 5/21, so that day and the days preceding may be busy as locals rush to use up their tickets before the expiration.

But will Grad Night being on the Wednesday make it as much, if not more, crowded than a Monday?

But will Grad Night being on the Wednesday make it as much, if not more, crowded than a Monday?

No.

Not all Grad Night tickets are for both parks. And usually on a Grad Night, you don't start to notice more teenagers until late afternoon. Just go on the E-ticket rides at DCA before 3 pm and you'll be fine. And stay out of DCA starting about 90 min before that park closes to regular park guests.

Do your LA tourist day on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter