When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelemm

Registered
Title says it all, though I will add some context:

Lately there have been about 2,000 deaths per day. We are at 23,000+ right now. That is with a lot of serious lockdown. What happens when activity starts up again?

I am not fond of polls, and I'm not including one here. You can guess a specific date or say 'before September.' or '3 months from now.' Or Spring of 2021. Or never. It's up to you.

Good question.... because I want people to think about the numbers, maybe in a way they aren't. If we have 77,000 more deaths to go to reach that number, and we are hitting 2,000 deaths per day, that would mean hitting that number by the end of May....

Title says it all, though I will add some context:

Lately there have been about 2,000 deaths per day. We are at 23,000+ right now. That is with a lot of serious lockdown. What happens when activity starts up again?

I am not fond of polls, and I'm not including one here. You can guess a specific date or say 'before September.' or '3 months from now.' Or Spring of 2021. Or never. It's up to you.
By June 1st

Probably on the same day that people decide they don't like to make fear mongering posts so that day will be never.

Your use of the pejorative is noted. But why stoop so low? As I have said before:
Fear>behavior modification>better health outcomes
In this case, I am afraid so I take precautions which are considered normal. But putting numbers to the reality is a way of sobering people up to the fact that we are up against something which is truly horrific. I have seen the other way around on the disboards. Downplaying, minimizing, lack of empathy.

Hopefully, we won't even come close. 23,000 is WAY too many for me. YMMV.
Oh, I hope so too. But I don't want to rely on wishful thinking. 100,000 is starting to seem like a pretty low number if we add 2,000 per day to our present total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter