When you're looking for cheap flights what sites do you check?

1andrea

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for cheap flights for August we want to fly on Wednesday 8th August and fly home on Sunday 26th August but can't find anything close to last years prices of £331 per person indirect.

We will fly any which way it just has to be cheap and not take a massive amount of hours so we are quite flexible.

I was wondering what sites you all check. We only really check Skyscanner and Im starting to think it's not enough.

Thanks xx

I managed to find cheap flights on skyscanner from Manchester to Miami
11th Aug - 30th Aug
£370 each

I was very happy !!
(We weren’t supposed to be going next summer but decided we could with those prices)

Who did you book with? I'd be happy to fly to Miami for those prices. We've done it one before, although I do hate Miami airport!! X

Who did you book with? I'd be happy to fly to Miami for those prices. We've done it one before, although I do hate Miami airport!! X

They were found on skyscanner but booked with netflights
They are brussels air - but air canada (via Toronto on the way there) and Lufthansa on the way back

I’ve booked to stay in the Miami Airport Hotel the night we get there (it has mixed reviews but we’ll risk it!!)
Then we’ll pick the car up the next morning

Miami Airport is pretty rubbish - but I felt it was worth it for a bargain!!

I find it's always good to look at Atlanta as your first airport in the USA. Southwest then have cheap fares down to Orlando.

I'm always worried about being delayed and if its booked separately it would be a pain to find flights if we missed our last flight x

I'm always worried about being delayed and if its booked separately it would be a pain to find flights if we missed our last flight x

When we've gone through Atlanta we've always given ourselves a minimum of three hours to transfer. If you book the flights on a connected ticket then the airline will get you on the next available flight. We've always booked separately and so far (fingers crossed!) haven't had any problems.

I've used Netflights before and got a good price with them. Expedia sometimes have good prices, and also British Airways direct on their website, look at the fly drive deals as they are often cheaper than just flights alone, plus they have the bonus that you can pay just a deposit now rather than the whole flight cost. I also check prices on Kayak too.

Good luck x

We subscribe to Scott's Cheap Flights. With 5 children/grandchildren in the UK, this is how we afford to get them back to WDW. We receive email notifications 3+ times a day with cheap/mistake airfare for different UK and US airports. There is a free version and an annual subscription version that runs about $30. We started with the free version and were so impressed that we upgraded within a week.

We just booked using Aer Lingus flying from Heathrow to Dublin then onto MCO - by far the cheapest we found, but even by the next day the prices had jumped up by £100. Going back to Anna Maria Island for the first week then 10 days in Orlando next August.

Have you tried ITA Matrix? Put you dates and preferences in and it will give you the best prices, tgen take tgat to a travel agent.

We book through BAHolidays choosing a fly/drive

i used to use kayak, but i find that skyscanner is more thorough.
But i never buy on any of them.
i just use the search engines to point me in the direction of a particular airline.

one of the things i do with the search engines is play around with destinations - it can alter the price by hundreds of dollars.
even sometimes a thousand dollars difference.
For laughs, check the prices to detroit - if you want to see crazy high prices. Delta pretty much owns detroit, and with their monopoly they keep the airfares in and out of detroit really high.
I'm talking about when detroit is your final destination - not when you use it for a stopover.
I travel to detroit often, as my family is still there. It's very distressing seeing these insanely high prices, when i could get it for much cheaper if i were flying to chicago or just about anywhere else!!

in fact, last year i was about to book a flight to detroit for a lot of money. When we had the idea to go to alaska first.
So i checked how much it would cost to fly all the way to alaska first and then on the way back stop in detroit.
And wouldn't you know it, it was much cheaper to fly all the way to alaska and then stop in detroit on the way back. God i hate delta airlines!!

one of the things i do with the search engines is play around with destinations - it can alter the price by hundreds of dollars.
even sometimes a thousand dollars difference.
For laughs, check the prices to detroit - if you want to see crazy high prices. Delta pretty much owns detroit, and with their monopoly they keep the airfares in and out of detroit really high.
I'm talking about when detroit is your final destination - not when you use it for a stopover.
I travel to detroit often, as my family is still there. It's very distressing seeing these insanely high prices, when i could get it for much cheaper if i were flying to chicago or just about anywhere else!!

in fact, last year i was about to book a flight to detroit for a lot of money. When we had the idea to go to alaska first.
So i checked how much it would cost to fly all the way to alaska first and then on the way back stop in detroit.
And wouldn't you know it, it was much cheaper to fly all the way to alaska and then stop in detroit on the way back. God i hate delta airlines!!

It's just madness. The year before last it was about a third of the price for us to fly from Dublin to Heathrow to Miami than it was to fly Heathrow to Miami ON THE SAME PLANE!!xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!