Where are the standard rooms that have daybeds located in DLH?

AspiringCindy

<font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie
Are the standard rooms w/ a daybed only located in the Bonita Tower?

Actually, when we have had a standard room at the DLH with a daybed it has always been in the Sierra. In the Bonita, we have always had to request a rollaway (those are free by the way). I don't know if that is a coincidence or if the daybed rooms are only in the Sierra. I have stayed in the Bonita 3 times and the Sierra twice, never been in the Marina. I would maybe call the hotel directly. Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe somebody else knows?

We recently stayed in the Bonita tower and had a day bed in our room.

I want to stay in the DH also, but which tower is the best and do they let you choose? :confused3

Many people prefer the Sierra since it is the closest to DTD and the Neverland Pool. I think they all three have advantages. The Bonita is nice because you are close to the fountains and Koi fish ponds. The Marina is nice because it is the main building where the gift shop and lobby are located. I prefer the Bonita, we once had a room facing the fountains/Marina Tower and had a wonderful view of the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain. Many people will say the walk from the Bonita to wherever is a pain but it is maybe a one to two minute further walk at most. They are all nice and the rooms in all three towers are larger than your average sized hotel room, have some nice Disney touches in the decorating and pretty furnishings. Regardless of which one you get be sure to explore the grounds a bit, they are really pretty! You can request whatever you think you will like but just know that requests are subject to availability. Unless you pay for a premium view either looking at the pool or DTD. Also, if you do make a request I would call the hotel directly a couple of days beforehand to make sure they have noted the request. If you don't pay for the premium view, you may end up with a parking lot view but the room will still be nice. Of our five stays we have only ended up with the parking lot view once but I think we could see a slice of DCA and also we were in the room so little we didn't care. Also, if you don't get a daybed room, they do have free rollaways. My daughter thinks the rollaways are more comfortable to sleep on but having that couch that makes into the daybed is a nice feature. Good luck, the DLH is my favorite hotel anywhere, we love it!

So...with a family of 5, you don't necessarily need a room with a daybed(you can get a rollaway)?
Also, I would like to be in the Sierra tower. Is there a way to ensure this...like if I pay for a DTD view?!

Yes, for a family of five you would not need a daybed room. Although I am betting that with that many people that's what they would try their best to give you. I am thinking that to ensure you get a Sierra Tower room you would need to pay for that premium view. I would call the hotel directly however to confirm this. Also, if you do get a rollaway, the room is large enough that you can leave it set up by moving one of the chairs that is for the table, aside a bit. I love not having to roll out the rollaway each night! I have stayed in other hotels where the rooms were so small that once you undo the rollaway you can't walk through the room for the most part, I hate that!

Thanks for the advice! We're not planning on visited DL till next June or July...but I want everything perfect! It's not likely that I will have the opportunity to visit CA again!

We had a great room in the Sierra tower in July. Bigger than most hotel rooms, a daybed (just a bonus for us with only a family of 4) and a great view of the pool.

A word of caution however, we paid for and reserved a DTD view. When we got there, there was a big cheer/dance competition (thank god I have boys!) and there were no DTD-view rooms available. The pool view rate is the same $ as DTD-view so they just switched it. My advice - don't get too hooked on the perfect room/view. Ours was great anyway.

BTW, I did call 3 days before and make our request, a DTD view on an upper floor in the Sierra tower....I was pretty happy to get 2 out of 3!

speedi-deedi said:
BTW, I did call 3 days before and make our request, a DTD view on an upper floor in the Sierra tower....I was pretty happy to get 2 out of 3!
Just wondering if you called the reservation line or the hotel directly, and if the hotel did you speak to the front desk or ask for reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter