Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

We waited about 20 minutes for a bus and other than started to wilt it wasn't bad. I had on one of the awesome shirts my friend Whitney @Whit64130 made for me:

img_6740-jpg.272932
20 min is a lot. Btw, your hair looks really good here!

Not as funny as the picture from his first TOT ride, but funny enough!
Omg, so funny. Reminds me of a certain kid d I know on 7DMT.

We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family.
I’m all about the bribes. :)

Oh, and while we were waiting in the SB line we saw these:
So cool!

and I got - surprise of all surprises - a Shofferhofer right outside the Brown Derby :drinking1
I’ll have to remember this.

March of the First Order, for the one of you that has never seen any pictures befor
We are huge fans but still haven’t seen this.

afterwards noticed this guy "meeting" near the ride:

img_6769-jpg.272941
FYI...Cruz is a girl...lol. ;)

I know this attraction seemed to get more popular once the closing was announced and many felt it was long overdue for either an update or the actual replacement
My mom loved this ride.

Great update. Love the Tower Photo!

Can't believe they enjoyed the Pixar show so much. I was one who wasn't that fond of it and felt it was just too long and I LOVE Disney movies. Still probably won't return as I feel pretty confident my kids wouldn't like it.

And of course we did enjoy the Star Wars fireworks but didn't feel they were anything extra special overall. I did enjoy that Disney movie pre-show tribute and I think I took many of the same photos you shared!

It was really good and also the boys' first Broadway show. Steve is from the Bronx and enjoys going back there but does not enjoy going into Manhattan and it's hard for me to get him to go. Buying him tickets to a show without his knowledge and getting the kids excited beforehand is pretty much the only way to do it! We all had fun though.

I meant to ask you how you all liked the show! How fun!

Statue of Liberty Minnie!
img_7369-jpg.275220

This is so cute!!

His coach is still completely awesome and didn't flinch last night at Parent's Night when I again thanked him and cried like a baby lol. Instead he hugged me and went on and on about Ricky and how he'll do whatever it takes to keep him in the program, and even though he has to sit this year out he feels Ricky will learn a lot following the Varsity team this year and be stronger when he returns to the Varsity team next year. It truly made my heart happy and hearing it all in person has taken a bit of a load off my mind.

That's so amazing. That coach deserves a medal. Some people are really just genuinely great people who really care, and it's wonderful to have those people in Ricky's life at school. They're few and far between!

I disrupted his usual "I'm not interested" ride look when I attempted to point out the fact that you could see the Slinky Dog Coaster from the top of TOT! It was really neat!!!

Oh, that's neat! This might have even been enough to tempt me to ride...but probably not. Haha

Unfortunately the couple sitting at the table next to me were smoking :crazy2: In a NON-SMOKING AREA. Imagine that! I used to smoke and I smoked plenty, so I don't have a complete hatred of people who smoke or anything like that. But now that's it's been almost 16 years since I last had a cigarette, the smell of it (especially when I'm eating) isn't pleasant to me. I made faces at them and noised like "eck" "UH" but they didn't put them out lol, so I moved.

UGH. I certainly don't hate smokers personally or anything, and I understand it's not an easy addiction to quit. But I'm seriously chemically/scent-sensitive, and it drives me CRAZY when people smoke outside of designated areas! Especially at Disney! Gah. And when you're eating! Double gah!

So here I start telling her how I fell in love with the park and the Old Hollywood theme of MGM, which I won't recount for you since I've done that here before. She started telling me about her first visit years ago when it was MGM and also loving that vibe (although she's about 20 or so years younger than me). I tell her there are MANY, MANY people who are angry and saddened that GMR is going away, that many have great nostalgia for the ride and are mourning the loss of the overall theme of the park even though we know things have to change and they'll be great blah, blah, blah. My kids are rolling their eyes at me and poor Courtney starts crying, I felt horrible! She's saying how happy she is to hear guests have so much love for GMR but I start apologizing for making her cry. Then she hugs me :goodvibes and since I can't leave well enough alone I then ask her how they all found out about the closing.
HER: Everyone working the day of D23 was watching the convention on screens in the break room. Shortly before the announcement we were called to another room where they broke the news to us; so we pretty much found out in real time. It was horrible, most of us were bawling and then had to go right back to work. Even management was crying as they found out about 20 minutes before us.

This whole story is so sweet and sad!! But lovely that you could connect with this cast member who felt the same way you do about the class DHS vibe. It seems like it meant a lot to her!

Once back at the resort the lounge was closed so no evening cobbler for me, we had to make do with the turndown chocolate left on our bed!!

Such a rough life! :P

Also, I forgot to quote, but I'm surprised Chris liked the Pixar show so much! We wanted to see it, but I never actually squeezed it in this trip. Also, the Indy show is something I keep meaning to get in and never do! I need to do a DHS day sometime that's just the things I always skip/miss out on...

:bday: Steve
I’m glad Ricky’s surgery is scheduled and his coach is so supportive.
Very cool having the conversation with a GMR CM.
Glad you liked Disney’s Movie Magic. I agree even though I’m beyond excited for all the new SW additions I will miss the original MGM old Hollywood feel.

Buying him tickets to a show without his knowledge and getting the kids excited beforehand is pretty much the only way to do it!
I need to remember this strategy for the future.

The following day after school we went to see another surgeon for Ricky's ACL. We liked him and he'll be doing Ricky's surgery on 11/10, 2 days after Steve and I return from our Food & Wine trip.
Thank goodness for a date and a plan.

I know it's been around forever but since we hadn't seen it for awhile it was cool to watch and it held the boys interest.
It is cool to do every so often.

Guess where, guess where???? I love the TOT gardens but I can never quite get a decent shot of the eerie yet beautiful statues. Only Ricky and I were riding
Yay for ToT!

I attempted to point out the fact that you could see the Slinky Dog Coaster from the top of TOT!
How cool! Unfortunately, we will miss this even if it’s open in June bc we aren’t doing a full Parks trip.

I love funnel cake and I always say I'm going to get some in Disney but I never do, mainly because there's so much other good stuff to eat there.
I can totally relate to this statement.

Everyone working the day of D23 was watching the convention on screens in the break room. Shortly before the announcement we were called to another room where they broke the news to us; so we pretty much found out in real time. It was horrible, most of us were bawling and then had to go right back to work. Even management was crying as they found out about 20 minutes before us.
Oh no. How awful. Poor CMs!

Soon Disney Movie Magic started and I have to say, while not big on projection shows I think this is my favorite because - say it with me - it has that "Old Hollywood" feel:
I’m kind of glad this is part of the SW dessert party now. It started in June when we were there but it was not part of the party so we didn’t leave to check it out. I thought about leaving early but then the boys were picked to lead out the Stormtroopers so we had to stay for that.

None of us really liked it. I want fireworks and there are hardly any, making me miss the first SW show they did a year or so ago more. Now that was great!
I probably only really liked it bc I’m a HUGE Star Wars fan. But the other one was just incredible for everyone.

Last Sunday we went to see "A Bronx Tale" on Broadway which was Steve's bday gift
Yay! I love seeing Broadway shows. Although I haven't seen many recently :sad2: If only I could drop the $ for Hamilton :laughing:

Before the show we went here, which should be no surprise to anyone:
I'm shocked! Not! ;)

It truly made my heart happy and hearing it all in person has taken a bit of a load off my mind.
I'm so happy to hear that :hug: I'm sure it was reassuring that all will work out.

I know it's been around forever but since we hadn't seen it for awhile it was cool to watch and it held the boys interest.
I really do love this show, I usually see it once a trip, mostly for the first scene :laughing:

poor Courtney starts crying, I felt horrible!
Oh my gosh. I am practically in tears just hearing this story. I was sad for myself, and for the many, many fans of GMR but honestly that last day ALL I could think about were the CMs that put their hearts and souls into that attraction for so long. I just couldn't stop thinking about them. It had to be like a death :sad1:

Everyone working the day of D23 was watching the convention on screens in the break room. Shortly before the announcement we were called to another room where they broke the news to us; so we pretty much found out in real time. It was horrible, most of us were bawling and then had to go right back to work. Even management was crying as they found out about 20 minutes before us.
This really upsets me. I want to believe Disney is better than this. I'm sure they were worried about the info leaking, but this seems pretty cold.

I think this is my favorite because - say it with me - it has that "Old Hollywood" feel:
Yes!!! Why do I not know about this show though?! :confused3 This is the first time I'm hearing about it and it sounds SO up my alley :sad2:

I know warn you to stop reading if you're a SW fan, as I know many of you are.
I'm a SW fan, but I have to agree with you. I saw it for the first time in August, too, and I was underwhelmed. I wanted emotion, I wanted tears, I wanted to really feel this show, but sadly I just didn't.

Oooh, I've been so anxious to hear about the naming of this TR, excited for the next update! :thumbsup2

View attachment 275224

Notice Ricky's thrilled look. I disrupted his usual "I'm not interested" ride look when I attempted to point out the fact that you could see the Slinky Dog Coaster from the top of TOT! It was really neat!!!! We got to ride twice using Steve and Chris's MB's.
Is Ricky genuinely not thrilled at all or is this just his thing? The reason I ask is if he's actually as non-impressed/non-happy as his face would indicate, why ride anything?

Unfortunately the couple sitting at the table next to me were smoking :crazy2: In a NON-SMOKING AREA. Imagine that! I used to smoke and I smoked plenty, so I don't have a complete hatred of people who smoke or anything like that. But now that's it's been almost 16 years since I last had a cigarette, the smell of it (especially when I'm eating) isn't pleasant to me. I made faces at them and noised like "eck" "UH" but they didn't put them out lol, so I moved.
You did better than me. It's times like this I wish I had a fart gun from despicable me. Send some farts wafting their way. As a former smoker also, I understand it's a very horrible addiction, but on the other hand, I don't want to smell it anymore. If it's a non-smoking area, I do (and have) say something.

As much as I don't like waiting around for evening shows, especially when we have to stand, we now headed over to the front of the chinese theater to get a decent spot for the new-ish show, Disney Movie Magic. While waiting we noticed the CM on guard next to us had a GMR uniform on - she was making sure nobody blocked the walkway or stood in the area reserved for people at the SW dessert party to watch that show. Somehow we struck up a conversation with her, her name was Courtney and she'd been working at GMR for just over a year as both a ride CM and a performer in the gangster role. It was Tuesday; she was going home for a visit in the morning but coming back on Friday in order to work the last two days the ride would be in operation. That led to me asking questions of her such as the following:
ME: You must be sad about it closing (duh)
HER: OMG yes, I don't know how I'll make it through my shift on Sunday. Tons of former GMR CM's are coming in this weekend just to ride it again.
ME: Did you guys have any idea prior to D23 that it would be closing?
HER: Well we had an inkling it would be soon but had no idea it would be THIS soon. It was really pretty much a total shock. I still can't believe it's really closing..........
So here I start telling her how I fell in love with the park and the Old Hollywood theme of MGM, which I won't recount for you since I've done that here before. She started telling me about her first visit years ago when it was MGM and also loving that vibe (although she's about 20 or so years younger than me). I tell her there are MANY, MANY people who are angry and saddened that GMR is going away, that many have great nostalgia for the ride and are mourning the loss of the overall theme of the park even though we know things have to change and they'll be great blah, blah, blah. My kids are rolling their eyes at me and poor Courtney starts crying, I felt horrible! She's saying how happy she is to hear guests have so much love for GMR but I start apologizing for making her cry. Then she hugs me :goodvibes and since I can't leave well enough alone I then ask her how they all found out about the closing.
HER: Everyone working the day of D23 was watching the convention on screens in the break room. Shortly before the announcement we were called to another room where they broke the news to us; so we pretty much found out in real time. It was horrible, most of us were bawling and then had to go right back to work. Even management was crying as they found out about 20 minutes before us.

You are welcome for that behind the scenes info. on how Disney makes their employees sad. And me sad. Happy to have had that conversation with Courtney but once again, sad about the change that was a-comin'.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Can't believe you were so insensitive and made her cry. I'm actually surprised, I would have expected you to have a good cry along with her.

On a different note...how did his surgery go? Been praying for y'all.

Last edited:

So I had to laugh...I was just watching a video about worst restaurants in Disney...and then I read this in the comments (PizzaRizzo was mentioned as one of the worst in this video):

All of the table service pizza at Disney is nasty, except for the pizza window at the Boardwalk Resort. My teenager always makes us go to the boardwalk so he can get decent pizza!

LOL!!! I immediately thought of you!

So I had to laugh...I was just watching a video about worst restaurants in Disney...and then I read this in the comments (PizzaRizzo was mentioned as one of the worst in this video):

All of the table service pizza at Disney is nasty, except for the pizza window at the Boardwalk Resort. My teenager always makes us go to the boardwalk so he can get decent pizza!

LOL!!! I immediately thought of you!
So, the old adage must be changed?

Instead of one man's trash is another man's treasure

One man's trash is another man's feast?

Although I don't believe the only good pizza is in NY (DW [she's Italian] and I make a killer pie), I'll trust Ariane & family over (and other reports) over this one. No pizza at Boardwalk for me! We've also had pizza in Italy, so definitely not confined to NY.

Last edited:
Evening folks! Sitting here waiting for the Season 13 premiere of Supernatural, hoping to get to some responses so I can do another update. But I also had to come on and let everyone know.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WE BOOKED A SPRING BREAK TRIP :cheer2:
It'll be our first time during Spring Break and yes, I know it'll be crowded AND, I don't care. I think it'll be a bit of a different trip?? But I'm not saying anything more about that yet since all we have are our plane tickets and resort. Besides, the resort will most likely change once or twice since right now we're booked on a TA rate here

pop century.jpg

and that's where we started out for last August (or maybe that was our 2nd or 3rd resort lol) but obviously we didn't end up there. I am 100% fine staying there since every room should have queen beds by then but we'll see when everyone else starts complaining :scratchin
Our dates are Saturday 3/24 through Saturday 3/31, and our flight arrives before noon on the 24th so we'll have that whole day. And that's all I'll say for now since that's all I know but I'm going to move on a couple ADR's soon! Ricky will be just over 4 months past his surgery; he'll be off crutches before Nov. ends and back to p/t within a week of surgery, so we think this will be fine for him physically and also a nice break/stress reliever for all of us.

Last edited:
'm so glad to hear the appointment went well. Just to have this all underway must feel like you're making progress at least. Yup, I sure do - and I'll be sending good vibes from not-so-far-away for a successful surgery and speedy recovery :hug:
I did feel much better once we had the appt. scheduled, now I just wish it would get here! Four weeks from tomorrow........

I'm all behind!
Hmm, maybe because you were getting MARRIED????:bride:

Haha, I don't understand why they did that... I never saw the old film, but I really enjoy this one. The scents weren't working on some of our rides last month though.
Yeah sometimes we get all the scents, sometimes we don't. And I'm not sure why the movie is distorted :rolleyes: You'd think since it wasn't a problem in the first movie they could have made the second movie with out it lol!!

I could only handle one time on Rip Ride Rockit and Hulk at USO.
OMG, the first time I rode Rip Ride Rockit I LOVED it! Then I rode it about 18 months later. Still loved it but holy crap was I nauseous after :crazy2: And I had bragged to some other TA's I was with about how awesome a ride it was and how I could handle it so I didn't want to admit I felt bad when I got off :laughing:

Noooooo..... I was so upset that they closed this so quickly after the announcement.
That part really sucked, that they closed it so soon after the announcement. Didn't really give people a chance to make a special trip to ride again, we were just lucky we had our trip scheduled.

I am so glad Chris and Steve loved Music of Pixar Live......that was one of my favourite experiences from my trip!
So surprised Chris enjoyed it, but pleasantly surprised! I haven't even checked to see if it's going on for our Nov. trip and I don't think we'll be in HS at night anyway, but if it's something they keep around I'll make sure to do it in March :goodvibes

You know, I've never had a funnel cake at HS. How are they? Did you have strawberries and whipped cream on yours too?
It was very good! That was my first WDW funnel cake lol. But I just had old school funnel cake with powdered sugar, that's how I like it with the exception of bavarian cream :D

Happy long weekend! It is Thanksgiving here so I am off to prep for dinner tomorrow. I am making 4 pumpkin pies! (one each for the twins and the other two for the rest of us, lol!)
Hope you had a great holiday! I some some FB pics of Canadian Thanksgiving spreads (which look similar to ours) and boy did they all look good!

Happy you have a plan now, and hopefully he'll soon be on his way to recovery and back on the court :cheer2: And what a fantastic coach! So sweet of him :love:
All true! And tonight his other coach from last year who doesn't work at the school texted him b/c the Varsity coach filled him in on what happened; so that was another really positive, supportive text :)

When I started my first full time job at a credit union, we used to smoke in the office…we actually had ash trays on our desks :crazy2::rotfl:
Well when I was in elementary school, my grandmother would take me to matinees on Saturdays and there were "smoking sections" in the theaters. It was basically half the theater was smoking and half wasn't :laughing: So of course wherever you were sitting you smelled and were surrounded by the smoke! I'm sure nobody complained though since it was the norm back then!

This is a bummer! I've only seen the old SW fireworks once (April 2016), and we were blown away! I had never seen anything so good! I'm a little apprehensive now, though I have us booked for the SWDP on 11/2. Mike is a huge SW fan, so hopefully we'll like it :-)
Those first SW fireworks were gorgeous and incredible! The SWAGS show is nothing at all like that; but, for a big SW fan I'm sure you'll still like that. What's lost on those of us that aren't fans are all the projections which are scenes/images from the movies and don't hold any meaning to us............plus I love fireworks and there just aren't that many :(
Glad that all your conniving paid off and the boys enjoyed :-)
lol, sometimes ya gotta just think.

Wow, that is a throwback there. I'm guessing I may have been a teenager last time I saw this show. With GMR closed we'll have to introduce Casey to this.
Wow! I can't believe you've skipped it for that long, although I guess with a young girl you'd be more likely to than with boys. But I think she'd like it, even though there's lots of action much of it is done by a girl!

I was wondering what in the heck you were doing. I thought you were doing some sort of strange move from Cats.
This made me :laughing:

This must be newish as I have never even heard of it!!!!! Is it just the movie projections on the theater?
I think it started in May? Yeah it's just projections before the SW show but it starts with Walt talking and while it shows lots of newer movies it does show some old ones. It had some of that Old Hollywood feel for me; I liked it :)

Congratulations on booking a March trip. I was just looking at March dates tonight, but earlier in the month. The weather should be great for your trip. :)

I thought you said Oct 10th...must've mis-read it.
No worries, I haven't gotten to quoting your post but I appreciate the thoughts :) I'm sure you have enough of your own family's crap on your mind without trying to remember mine lol!

I didn't realize they changed the Star Wars show. We loved the one that I am assuming you liked. It was amazing! I want to check out the projection show before next time!
I know! I was bummed way back when I heard they were changing it. The projection show is a feel-good show and I hope they keep it around awhle.
Hey, you coming up this way anytime soon? :D

It must be good to have a date for Ricky's surgery. Now time to wait.
Very good. The waiting kind of sucks though. Even though the couple weeks right afterwards will be tough he's anxious to begin the process and he's so nervous about it too, I wish we could have done it sooner.

We went last year, and I was disappointed they didn't have a ton of stuff for adults. :sad2:
They actually had quite a bit for adults, at least in the way of clothes!

You look so excited :rotfl:
lol I'm always excited on TOT! I love the view from up there when the doors open and it was super cool being able to see Toy Story Land :goodvibes

You know I didn't really like it. I wish we could've seen the old one that did look cool.
:(

That's a great birthday gift. It looks like Chris enjoyed himself, too. :)
He did, and that so rarely happens that when it does, we revel in it :laughing:

That Minnie is adorable. We have Chicago themed Disney stuff at our store in downtown Chicago. But nothing as cute as this one. :)
That would be neat to see, too. I hadn't been in the Times Square store in years and actually forgot they had NY-themed stuff so it was a nice "surprise"!

Ricky is really lucky to have a coach like this. :) It must make you feel better to know that Ricky isn't going to be kicked off the team because of his injury.
It was like a boulder was lifted off my shoulders because honestly, that was the worst thing about the injury. Not the pain, which really after the first 4 or 5 days was almost gone, or even the therapy which also really doesn't hurt, just makes him sore. I think at this point it hurts me more to have to drive him there and back 3x a week! Being out of football didn't bother any of us but thinking missing a year of basketball = the end, it was like the end of world (even though we all know there are far worse things). To HIM that's what it was like and so of course that what it was like for me. He's still feeling pretty down some days and that hurts me, but at least we all know in the long run he'll be fine and his place on the team will be there.

We enjoyed this show. Do you have plans to see it in November?
Unfortunately I don't think we're going to be in HS at night. We only have 3 days - I know, sounds like we should have time - but there's so much we want to do as always! Hopefully they'll keep it around and we'll catch it in March.

We didn't get to see it (were doing the SWAGS dessert party). I do like the look of the Mary Poppins chimney scenes!
One of my favorite scenes if not my favorite!

Yeah, I am a huge SW fan and just thought it was OK. My sister and her boyfriend got to see the previous version so she definitely didn't like it as much!
The old show blows this one away so not surprised they liked that better.

It looks like the girl next to Ricky is doing the same thing
I hadn't even noticed until you pointed that out!

So much GMR sadness! I watched some of the videos of the last day when the CMs took their final bow and I definitely got a little teary.
I was going to watch them but then decided I'd cry too much, and I haven't needed an extra reason to cry lately lol.

There wasn’t much of a line, if any, for the bar, when we were there, but there was for seating.
Even when I haven't found a line at La Cava just for drinks, there's ALWAYS a line for seating.

Is this new? I’m not sure I remember it. I think I would’ve gotten it, if so.
Hmmm, I don't know since I usually get the avocado one lol! I don't know that I ever even read through the menu before.

Here is my dilemma....we loved breakfast in 2016, but seafood and crab legs are my thing so it may have to be dinner next. Chad seems to agree with dinner. Yep, he now has opinions.....oops.
:laughing: But at least he's giving you this opinion in advance of your 180 days rather than say, 15 days in advance!

Oh no. This is the first I’ve heard of how serious it is. Makes me very worried about Will one day (AJ has already vetoed football). Hoping for a speedy recovery.
:thanks: I thought I'd told you but maybe the last time we were messaging about it was before we had an actual diagnosis. Yup, sucks 110%. I kept him from football when he was in kindergarten and first and asked about it, but when they're almost 16 and their friends play, when they're super athletic, and on top of that the coach is encouraging them to play..............it's hard :rolleyes:

At my boys’ age, the pool is almost as cool as the park!
My boys felt that way when they were younger! And I didn't like it lol. That was the trip in 2014 when we stayed at FQ, arrived there by 10am and hadn't planned a park day. We were in the pool by 11 and stayed there for like 5 hours; did DTD at night. Yeah it was a nice day but all I kept thinking was, "WHY AREN'T WE IN A PARK?????" Plus whenever we asked them what they wanted to do? Stupid pool :rolleyes:

20 min is a lot. Btw, your hair looks really good here!
LMAO! It usually does in August in Floriday - for the first 6 minutes I'm outside!

Omg, so funny. Reminds me of a certain kid d I know on 7DMT.
I remember that :laughing:

FYI...Cruz is a girl...lol. ;)
I know I know, everyone corrected me :blush:

Great update. Love the Tower Photo!
h
Thank you! I've been horrible and I really need to get over to your TR..................

And of course we did enjoy the Star Wars fireworks but didn't feel they were anything extra special overall. I did enjoy that Disney movie pre-show tribute and I think I took many of the same photos you shared!
I hope they keep that around!

I meant to ask you how you all liked the show! How fun!
We liked it! Great acting and the singing was amazing. Some older women in front of us obviously weren't familiar with the story because when Sonny............med his demise, they were shocked. It was neat to hear their reaction and those moments onstage were fairly intense which I liked.

That's so amazing. That coach deserves a medal. Some people are really just genuinely great people who really care, and it's wonderful to have those people in Ricky's life at school. They're few and far between!
::yes:: And as I mentioned up post, today his other coach from last year texted him because THIS coach filled him in! So very happy with that whole situation.

Oh, that's neat! This might have even been enough to tempt me to ride...but probably not. Haha
lol! I can't remember, do you not ride TOT because you can't, or you won't? If it's because you won't and we end up in Disney together again - I'm making you ride with me :P

This whole story is so sweet and sad!! But lovely that you could connect with this cast member who felt the same way you do about the class DHS vibe. It seems like it meant a lot to her!
I've come across a few CM's here and there who are SO passionate about what they do. You read about the low wages, disgruntled CM's, CM's in the college program who aren't taking their job seriously, but some that I've met show you their true love of Disney and you can feel how much they value their position and what they do. That means a lot to me as a guest and lover of Disney :love:

Also, the Indy show is something I keep meaning to get in and never do! I need to do a DHS day sometime that's just the things I always skip/miss out on.
You should watch it! It does feel a little outdated, the movie franchise is old, but it's still a great show and the kids in the audience always seem to love it!

Very cool having the conversation with a GMR CM.
It was :) Even though it was a sad conversation I felt her love of GMR and Disney come through, and I appreciated that!

How cool! Unfortunately, we will miss this even if it’s open in June bc we aren’t doing a full Parks trip.
Just a reason to plan your next one :thumbsup2
I've already had clients asking when TSL will open as they want their next trip to be once it's open. I'm starting to think about when it'll be! Part of me thinks Memorial weekend, like they did with Pandora. But then I think no, that's too soon for Disney to have something ready lol and it'll be before July 4th; something tells me that's more realistic. We were thinking of a late June trip but I'm on the fence between then and another late Aug. and this is one reason.

Yay! I love seeing Broadway shows. Although I haven't seen many recently :sad2: If only I could drop the $ for Hamilton :laughing:
That and Book of Mormon!

This really upsets me. I want to believe Disney is better than this. I'm sure they were worried about the info leaking, but this seems pretty cold.
I does; I'm both surprised and not surprised. I think the leaks are the biggest reason they don't tell them ahead of time but most ride closures don't get announced during D23 so the entire country/world isn't finding out when you are. For this one at least they could have given them notice.

Yes!!! Why do I not know about this show though?! :confused3 This is the first time I'm hearing about it and it sounds SO up my alley :sad2:
They don't advertise it! It started in May I think? And it's not on any schedule anywhere! I remember reading about it the night it started here on the DIS and had it in the back of my mind :)

I'm a SW fan, but I have to agree with you. I saw it for the first time in August, too, and I was underwhelmed. I wanted emotion, I wanted tears, I wanted to really feel this show, but sadly I just didn't.
The old SW show had all that, I wish HS would just leave s@*t alone lol!

Is Ricky genuinely not thrilled at all or is this just his thing?
lol, no he loves all the thrill rides! For whatever reason, that's just his "ride photo" face. All rides - that's the face he has, every trip. He'll get off and comment how fun the ride is, what a great ride it was, can we go again, etc. - but that's his face!

OMG :rotfl: :rotfl2: Something is WRONG with that kid! I think @docsoliday1 and his DW better make him some pizza!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter