Where can a WDW Solo go at evenings?

Cinni

Earning My Ears
I'm going solo to WDW, but I'm a bit puzzled about where I can go at the evenings around say around 6 pm - 9 pm. For a drink, for a beer, to listen to some music, to just relax after a long day etc and maybe eat something. I would like to feel at ease staying at a table for some hours, without having that feeling "I'm beeing stared at". I find the hotelroom a bit quiet for me sometimes. Any suggestions? (staying at CBR, no car).

:wave2:

I think CBR has a lounge?

POR does and it has entertainment.

can you change????

POR also has a boat to DD.

if you still want to stay at CBR - and don't want to use its lounge - then get on the DD bus - there are alots of places to eat and drink around there. Most have bars - so singles can eat there or at a table if you wish.

Jellyrolls on the boardwalk is a great place to go for some entertainment, and a beer or two. Not much in the way of food though.

I'm not very heartened by the dearth of ideas being displayed here! :confused: I have been monitoring this thread, hoping that someone would say something that would make me say, "What a cool idea!"

When I travel w/ others, the close quarters tend to weigh on me after a while, so I go for walks along the Sassagoula in the a.m. When I get back to the resort at the end of the day, I grab my resport mug & head to the food court w/ a book or journal for some cocoa, cake, & quiet time. Sometimes people look at me like I'm crazy & sometimes they look envious. But, that alont-time is not the same as getting out there & being w/ people.

I usually spend 6 to 9 in Epcot or walking around the World Showcase. Most of the above mentioned ideas are great but the activities don't usually begin (PO, DTD, Jellyrolls) until at least 9:00 p.m. I say take your time meandering around WS. Admire the architecture, stop in each land and have a little something to eat/drink. A lot of people eat there way around the WS. Personnally I love to tour the other resorts in the evening when I'm not swimming in my resorts pool. Each of the other resorts look so pretty and peaceful when there lit up at night. Another option is to visit the lounges at Cont. (CAlif Grill) or Poly and if MK closes around 7ish (if its closing early) you can have a drink and watch the fireworks going off. Don't forget that there is a movie theater at DTD just incase you would want to see a movie while waiting for the later activities to begin.

Thank you for the ideas!

I've stayed at POR once and would like a change of resort this time.

yecats, I like the idea of visiting other resorts, I didn't think of that, only DTD etc. :D

I've been thinking about what I'm going to do on my own while I'm down there, and I've come up with a couple things.

Bought a ticket to see La Nouba - 6pm showing.

Thinking of making an appointment to have a spa treatment in the evening. The spa at the Grand Floridian, I believe, closes at 8pm most days.

An idea I found on another forum here was to get on the Monorail and go from lounge to lounge at the different monorail resorts and have a drink. Or maybe just check out each resort, which I've never gotten a chance to do.

Shopping in the evening at Downtown Disney. I love the Home store there.

One night I plan on doing Magic Kingdom in the morning, going back to my resort and taking a nap and then spending the evening in Magic Kingdom, seeing shows and shopping.

I also thought that I could go see a movie in Downtown Disney. I'm sure there will be a cool Xmas released movie to see.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter