Where do I go - and how do I do it?

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Posted about this on the CB and some suggested I come over here as well..

I have some airline credit I have to use up before Aug. 13th so I've been kicking around the idea of a solo trip to WDW for 3 or 4 days.. I've never done this before and I have a lot of reservations about it..

My biggest concern is feeling lonely - and having no one to "talk" to - you know, like - "Oh isn't that pretty?" ; "Did you see that?" ; etc.. That feeling is intensified by the fact that I have a 5 yr. old granddaughter who is just DYING to go back to Disney (she was there just before she turned 3) but there is NO WAY her parents would let me take her with me on this trip.. I can't even begin to describe the joy of seeing WDW through her eyes on our last trip, and I just can't imagine a trip without that.. :(

I would have to go either in June or July (not crazy about the heat and humidity but...) and am thinking it would probably be best for me to stay on-site so I don't have to rent a car for just me.. I also would need to make this a budget trip, so I'd probably need to stay in a value resort..

So - all you folks that do this ALL the time - how do you (or did you) get past the idea that it would be lonely and not-so-much fun?

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!
C.Ann

do you like to go alone to shop or eat at home? then you won't have a problem.

you do what you want to do when you want to do it.

without your granddaughter - I would avoid the MK - to much she would like to do there.

instead try Epcot - lots of adult thinks to do here. Learn something new. Go a tour (if you can afford it).

you get to eat when you want too - you get to do what you want to - have fun!!!

do things that you have never done before!

I would stay a Pop Century - it is the closest value resort to both Studios and Epcot.

You don't have to worry about feeling lonely and not having anyone to talk to. CMs are often very eager to carry on conversations with guests (especially those tending the merchandise carts. You can talk to others in attraction lines. If you're dining at a slow time, your server may be talkative too. You'll have a great time.

Well - considering I was fired from my job this morning, I think the idea of this trip is moot now..

On the other hand, maybe I'll go down there and just never come back - LOL!

Thanks for the responses though..;)

OH MY!! Soooo sorry to hear about your job loss!!! WOW>> But you know what.. as much as you may not believe it now.. everythign happens for a reason.. I hope you are okay... and I am sure that things will work out for the best.. and maybe now is the best time for you to head on down.. get some disney magic... a positive attitude and come back ready to face that job market!! Good luck to you!!!

Kathy :wave:

Cast members are very willing to interact with. I have been to several conferences (or been there while my DW was in a conference) and my solo times at Disney were great to see what I wanted. The staff in Epcot, especially those from other countries, tend to be willing to have conversations and talk about their country or being here.
One of the more humorous suggestions for you if you are on site, an idea a friend at a conference told me about, if you like wine, you can try the Epcot "wine's around the world" tour because there are several wine kiosks in the various lands. I am partial to the german wines, but the ice-wine in Canada was always a pleasant dessert in and of itself.
I have also had a good time with seeing the animals in the tree of life at AK. The trea of life can be an entire afternoon, if you explore the various sculptures and enjoy animal/bird watching.

I've done several trip solo and I have a blast.

You can look around in the shops... eat at one of the character meals... go to some of the shows they have either in the parks or resorts.

Epcot and MGM are great for the "maturer" crowds, which have shows and tours that can be interesting.

Magic Kingdom is great if you want to meet characters and see some character shows.

Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk are great for all your shopping and eating needs.

If you don't want to bother with the theme park crowds look around in the resorts' lobbies. Have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

I am so sorry to hear about your job loss. If you do plan on going to Disney there's no way you won't find a smile :earsgirl: on your face when you leave.

Tinkerbell81284 princess:

Hi C.Ann,

I hope that everything is looking up for you and as stated by another poster, everything happens for a reason. Hopefully in the future, maybe you'll get to experience a solo vacation at WDW and realize that no one else is needed. Best of luck in your job search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter