Where do you buy checks?

Great tips here. Wish I had read this last week. I just ordered some from my bank and ouch (was just thinking - what a ripoff), but I didn't think about shopping around. I will try Walmart.com next time, I think, as it is a site I think and get other things on fairly regularly. We have two other accounts too, and are almost at the point to buy more checks for those also.

This thread fascinated me since I haven't even written a check in several years!

This thread fascinated me since I haven't even written a check in several years!

This is pretty much me. We write one a month to a girl that cleans for us and we write them to church, although tthey do use an app with electronic service if wanted to switch.

I keep in the loop though because I order checks for my parents, who are very much still check users.

It has been so long that I have no idea. We write two or three a year so we'll probably die with a couple of boxes left from an order placed in 2000 or so.:tongue:

Last edited:
We still write checks
- mortgage
- gas bill
- electricity bill
- credit card bill x 3-5 (depends on whether there are any good deals/bonuses)
- gardener
- property taxes x 2

Bank used to give them out for free, then started charging us the "shipping charge" only, which ended up being more than what we could get on our own.

I know my kids don't write checks, they use Venmo, which I don't. I prefer using electronic means to pay most bills but write checks for my state and local taxes, property taxes, and to my window cleaner. The groups my DH goes on dive trips with often require checks. If I have to pay a fee to use my credit card or a bank transfer, as is the case with my taxes other than federal, I will write a check instead. We got a new roof this year and paid by check.

Been a long time since I hardly write a check nowadays, but last purchased at Walmart Checks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter