Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

I find it funny when people are so surprised at AKV costing >$100pp.
Personal bias alert, but I can't believe that it's not dramatically higher. It must be the sheer size of the resort weighing down on the prices because the place is easily one of the most impressive resorts at WDW (particularly when compared with BWV or BCV which look similar to something I'd be able to rent in Ocean City Maryland).

AKV would be my speculation choice, i.e. the one I could see skyrocketing in price down the line. If only because the prices are now so reasonable and it's easy to picture them advancing that Animal Kingdom theme / region moreso down the line (new transportation options, new buildings in the area etc).

Agreed! But, we are west coasters that like AK more than any of the other parks (so different from Anaheim).

I have to say I find this debate on just how "deluxe" a resort is rather silly. These tiers don't really mean much to folks outside this board, everyone values each resort differently for different reasons. Some people might not consider a hotel/resort deluxe without a spa if that's what they value, for instance. Part of the magic is that many of these resorts have many unique offerings, which defies easy categorization.

Also, none of this helps explain the original question of why AKV resale prices have been on the rise.
To me DVC value is all about ONE major thing - LOCATION. I own at BLT and I hope soon at PVB also. Why? Because my vacation time with my family is PRECIOUS to me and simply too short for me to waste time on driving or taxis and traffic jams. I like to get to my resort and then, when I get to WDW simply RELAX without worries inside 'the bubble'. I want to be able to leave a park on a hot day, task a 7 minute monorail ride and be in my resort room or pool. One thing I have learned from the Corona mess, is that my vacation time with my family is precious and very limited.

Are there more remote resorts or even offsite hotels at better prices with more luxuries? Sure. DO I want to waste my time traveling back and forth to them? No. WDW for me is about ESCAPE from the 'real world'. I want to be in that bubble for a week or two, be able to go back and forth to the parks fast and spend the time relaxing with the people I love. We all have resorts that we like more than others; for me I like being as close to the center of the 'action' (the parks, monorail atmosphere etc) as possible. Thats why I bought and am an owner.

To me DVC value is all about ONE major thing - LOCATION. I own at BLT and I hope soon at PVB also. Why? Because my vacation time with my family is PRECIOUS to me and simply too short for me to waste time on driving or taxis and traffic jams. I like to get to my resort and then, when I get to WDW simply RELAX without worries inside 'the bubble'. I want to be able to leave a park on a hot day, task a 7 minute monorail ride and be in my resort room or pool. One thing I have learned from the Corona mess, is that my vacation time with my family is precious and very limited.

Are there more remote resorts or even offsite hotels at better prices with more luxuries? Sure. DO I want to waste my time traveling back and forth to them? No. WDW for me is about ESCAPE from the 'real world'. I want to be in that bubble for a week or two, be able to go back and forth to the parks fast and spend the time relaxing with the people I love. We all have resorts that we like more than others; for me I like being as close to the center of the 'action' (the parks, monorail atmosphere etc) as possible. Thats why I bought and am an owner.

I really like how you put this. We agree. We never minded the buses much (except for the back up at park close, that stinks) but we loved the convenience of the Skyliner so much that DH flat out said he didn't care what the RIV theme was. So long as it has the Skyliner access, a good pool for the kids, a convenient bar for him, and the ability to sleep 5 in a studio and 1 bedroom that is where we want to be.

Are there better financial deals out there? Yep. Do we care? Nope.

I really like how you put this. We agree. We never minded the buses much (except for the back up at park close, that stinks) but we loved the convenience of the Skyliner so much that DH flat out said he didn't care what the RIV theme was. So long as it has the Skyliner access, a good pool for the kids, a convenient bar for him, and the ability to sleep 5 in a studio and 1 bedroom that is where we want to be.

Are there better financial deals out there? Yep. Do we care? Nope.
How funny, our process was very similar. We do like the resort theme (is it a strong as AKV, no, but it has a nice modern European flavor) but ultimately it was the spacious rooms AND the skyliner. DH especially loves the skyliner, though he calls it the "skywalker" 🤣

So yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder.

How funny, our process was very similar. We do like the resort theme (is it a strong as AKV, no, but it has a nice modern European flavor) but ultimately it was the spacious rooms AND the skyliner. DH especially loves the skyliner, though he calls it the "skywalker" 🤣

So yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed. I can't say it is necessarily my favorite theme but it's fine. Although, I will say I was not deterred from buying but.....unenthused by the theme and decor when I saw it in pictures. I think the decor is much more blah in pictures than in person. It is true that the lobby is less grand than WL or AKV but that never bothered me. The grandness of the lobby has zero impact on my vacation.

I will say I had one minor gripe. The grocery offerings in the resort store were extremely light which surprised me given it is a DVC resort. We always get a grocery delivery so it isn't a big deal and if we do forget something the Skyliner makes it super easy to hop on over to BCV. Their selection is much better.

Agreed. I can't say it is necessarily my favorite theme but it's fine. Although, I will say I was not deterred from buying but.....unenthused by the theme and decor when I saw it in pictures. I think the decor is much more blah in pictures than in person. It is true that the lobby is less grand than WL or AKV but that never bothered me. The grandness of the lobby has zero impact on my vacation.

I will say I had one minor gripe. The grocery offerings in the resort store were extremely light which surprised me given it is a DVC resort. We always get a grocery delivery so it isn't a big deal and if we do forget something the Skyliner makes it super easy to hop on over to BCV. Their selection is much better.
Good to know about BCV!

All this mess has really shown to me the stability of SSR. It never really varied that much over the past several years, through Covid, etc, as opposed to the swings we've seen at other resorts. I'm still baffled why AKL spiked so high for Covid. As long as SSR dues keep holding on rock solid, I'll continue to be an SSR SAP superfan.

All this mess has really shown to me the stability of SSR. It never really varied that much over the past several years, through Covid, etc, as opposed to the swings we've seen at other resorts. I'm still baffled why AKL spiked so high for Covid. As long as SSR dues keep holding on rock solid, I'll continue to be an SSR SAP superfan.

I am super excited to be staying at SSR for our trip in November. Its been our home resort for like 5 years and we've never stayed there yet! The SAP setup has been good to me.

Oddly, I keep trying to show DS2 videos of Happily Ever After and the Tree of Life Awakenings and such on YouTube but he has no interest. Won't watch any of that but he loves a walk through video of S'is Vous Plait of all things. Watches it over and over again. There aren't even any kids playing in it. Just a short video.

Good to know about BCV!

There are still limits though. If you feel strongly about a particular product or brand it is best to bring it with you. For example, you can get Helman's mayo but Miracle Whip is not available anywhere on property so if you must have Miracle Whip or will whine like a toddler (i'm looking at you mom) then plan accordingly.

Agreed. I couldn’t understand how much AKV shot up in price. I got in at $109 Jan pre-COVID and have seen contracts asking in the $140’s and selling in $130’s. I was tempted to sell and wait for another drop and get back in, but as a stock investor, timing the market is a failed strategy even for the best of the best. So I’ll just wait and see then feed my addonitis if it drops again.

There are still limits though. If you feel strongly about a particular product or brand it is best to bring it with you. For example, you can get Helman's mayo but Miracle Whip is not available anywhere on property so if you must have Miracle Whip or will whine like a toddler (i'm looking at you mom) then plan accordingly.
We're not too particular. Also, we usually have a car since we drive down from NC, so we can always go to Publix if delivery isn't an option. But thanks!

Agreed. I couldn’t understand how much AKV shot up in price. I got in at $109 Jan pre-COVID and have seen contracts asking in the $140’s and selling in $130’s. I was tempted to sell and wait for another drop and get back in, but as a stock investor, timing the market is a failed strategy even for the best of the best. So I’ll just wait and see then feed my addonitis if it drops again.
People are asking that much but contracts are passing ROFR in the low 90s in some cases, which is $10-$15 pp lower than what was passing in ROFR pre-Covid.

WDW for me is about ESCAPE from the 'real world'. I want to be in that bubble for a week or two, be able to go back and forth to the parks fast and spend the time relaxing with the people I love.
Yes, this. So much this. We wanted DVC not just to own a piece of the magic (though we also own Disney stock, so there's that too!*), but we want that escape. Part of our love of Disney is love of that Disney bubble, and we always stay onsite for that reason.

I pretty much live my life to travel and to create vacation memories with the people I love, treating them as often as I can to make those moments happen. When I was younger, I used to accrue vacation time, but as my work got more demanding, the more I realized how important that time together is, and now I make a point to always spend my vacation time with my family and friends, at Disney and other places around the world.

*Our first wedding anniversary was long enough ago that they still printed Disney stocks, and since the first anniversary is "paper" as the gift, that's what I got my husband - Disney stock, framed, with "So You'll Always Have a Piece of the Magic" engraved on it.

Yes, this. So much this. We wanted DVC not just to own a piece of the magic (though we also own Disney stock, so there's that too!*), but we want that escape. Part of our love of Disney is love of that Disney bubble, and we always stay onsite for that reason.

I pretty much live my life to travel and to create vacation memories with the people I love, treating them as often as I can to make those moments happen. When I was younger, I used to accrue vacation time, but as my work got more demanding, the more I realized how important that time together is, and now I make a point to always spend my vacation time with my family and friends, at Disney and other places around the world.

*Our first wedding anniversary was long enough ago that they still printed Disney stocks, and since the first anniversary is "paper" as the gift, that's what I got my husband - Disney stock, framed, with "So You'll Always Have a Piece of the Magic" engraved on it.
Our first anniversary many years ago was our first trip together to Disney (Contemporary) and our addiction to Disney has only grown over the years. We have been able to treat my parents and my husband's sister to Disney vacations and wonderful memories for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!