Where else to go in France (with 4 year old)?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Hello! We are currently debating a DL Paris or California trip for 2021. Currently leaning toward Paris as I think it will be cheaper for us overall as well as we are more used to travelling in Europe than the US, aside from WDW. We are based near Toronto and plan on a 2 week stay. Our DD will be 4.

Obviously we would go to Paris but am wondering where else people go? The reason why I've never been to France is that I struggle with planning a trip when there is so much to see across the country! I'm thinking we could do the east coast and go to Colmar, Annecy, and Lyon (fly back to Toronto from there); or perhaps the South West (Bordeaux), or; fly down to the coastal towns.

Any advice appreciated!

I would go to the coast in the North West, Normandy is so incredibly beautiful. You could go to Le Havre, Mont St. Michel, if you like art Monet spend a large part of his life in this area and there are museums or actual places you can go to. Like Giverny and Etretat. The Bayeux Tapestry is also in this area. Also plenty of vineyards.

Or if you want to go for a more Disney feel, in the East, near the German border (under Strasbourg) where Disney artists got inspired for the village scenes in Beauty and the Beast. Google Riquewihr, it's near Colmar.

I see now you have a 4 year old with you, just google castles in France ;-) That was usually enough to keep me entertained when I was on holidays here as a little girl :)

As a day-trip from Paris, you can visit Versailles. If you want to venture further, the Loire valley, starting from Chartres/Orléans to Nantes, is a wonderful place to visit. Chambord, Chenonceau, Blois and Villandary are superb chateaux.

An hour south of Nantes, there‘s Puy du Fou. It’s another kind of amusement park. It continuously wins prizes and for good reason. It requires two days to visit.

Versailles is beautiful and what 4 year old could resist singing the song as the cross the bridge in Avignon?

1) Parc Asterix is super fun and close to Paris. It is themed to the Asterix comics, and has some amazing theming, so its good for kiddos and adults. As an adult, I really loved the Oziris coaster, and Pegasus Express is good for all ages.
2) Castles, castles everywhere.
3) Add on a few days somewhere by train (kids love trains) to the coast.

Thanks, all! I think we are leaning toward Paris for a few days, staying at DL for a few nights, and a few nights in the Alsace are and the Alps area (my BIL is currently living there - so I guess we should see him!). I think Europa park is a reasonable day trip as well from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts