• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where I DID NOT eat, due to Crowds, cancelled Ressies!

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
I had ressies for HOB for Friday June 25th. When we got there, it was CLOSED for a Private Party!:eek: :mad: We complained to the clerk at the HOB store and she had said they had been trying to get a hold of me, as my Ressies for 5:30 had been cancelled.:confused: I made my ressies on May 31, and they said they normally do not take any reservations that far in advance!:( I said, "Well if you all can E-mail me a confirmation, how come you cannot E-mail me when you have to Cancel me?":o She had no response to that, and went to get the Resteraunt Manager. He came, and acted like it was out of his hands, but the clerk MORE then made up for it, and gave my Sweating DH a free Hat, and for being inconvienced, 2 25.00 gift certificates to Rainforest Cafe!:o So, we walk ALL the way over there, and they have a 2 hour wait!:eek: Needless to say, my DH went back home to Miami and I stayed and ate at the Food Court, and enjoyed the rest of my trip.:o

I guess you have to double book PSs (especially during peak season), that's a bummer...sorry to hear about that (especially since dh had to head home). We have that scenerio ourselves too (dh usually meets us up at WDW or heads home earlier) and I'd be quite upset if we didn't get to spend that last bit of "little" time together.

But I'm glad to hear they tried to do what they could (at the least the clerk did, it's quite disappointing the manager couldn't take care of the problem. I'd almost want to send them an email and let them know that.

Hi, You may want to consider joining the Safari Cub at the Rain Forest Cafe's web site. I joined years ago and with your Safari Club card you get Priority Seating. I have usually waited 10 minutes or less as a walk up!! You may also be able to join at the restaurant?? It also has a few other perks- discounts and coupons mailed directly to you! Joan

I don't usually cast stones, but aren't there enough tough to get ressies currently without members advocating double booking? I think that would be an awful standard practice to encourage. I can just see WDW increasing thenumber of places where credit cards would be required to even get a PS to make up for all the skipped ones and thus empty tables.

Poohbear:
I'd be upset too. My guess is they made little-if any-effort to contact you. A poor performance by this restaurant.

Another way to get into Rainforest fairly quickly is to sit in the bar area. You can usually get into the bar area much faster than waiting for a table in one of the themed rooms. The bar area serves the same menu and you can still see a lot of the restaurant and all the goings on. It might be smoking though, I am not sure.
I would have also been very upset with HOB. That is terrible customer service!

I am over it now, its just assures me next time NOT to make ressies on line, as they are not good enough. Next time I will call the Resteraunt itself and make ressies thru them.::yes::

This happened to us at the Flying Fish. We had made our ressies and after we made them, someone booked the entire restaurant and we were bumped. I was a little annoyed because we had booked the Breathless for the Illumination Cruise that night and thougth it would be great to just walk out the door to the dock. I was fortunate though because I was reached at home right before the trip. I was still really disappointed that they would do this since folks already had ressies there. I really think that they need to honor those ressies and if someone can not book the entire place that night, they need to make it for another night. Anytime I have been at the FF it has always been booked solid for the night.

Originally posted by mrsR123
I don't usually cast stones, but aren't there enough tough to get ressies currently without members advocating double booking? I think that would be an awful standard practice to encourage. I can just see WDW increasing thenumber of places where credit cards would be required to even get a PS to make up for all the skipped ones and thus empty tables.

I agree with you 100 percent. I'm sure this is a why it's so hard to get a PS in many places, but you can often call the day of or even walk in. I've noticed that a lot more places are requiring credit cards. I imagine it also contributes to the rising prices of the food.

I think the lesson learned is to call ahead and confirm your reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter