Where is your favorite quiet spot?

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
Sometimes I need a few minutes to step away from the crowds, sit down and take a deep breath, before heading back into the fray. I like the Tiki Room, the fountain area in Toontown or sometimes just the bench in front of the castle(I could live on that bench). I would love to hear some of your favorite quiet spots for my trip at Christmas.

There is a stone bench at the GCH. Right after you exit the sliding doors heading to DTD it’s on the right. I love that bench. It’s covered, so it’s always shady & cool, especially with the blast of a/c whenever the doors open. I don’t know that I’d call it my quiet spot though (although it is). I’d probably call it my, OMG, I’m from Seattle & I’m gonna die in this heat & my feet hurt so bad, I can’t take one more step bench! But, I love it!

I'm a writer and I typically bring a few pages of something I'm working on. When I need a break, I'll often sit atop the wall that skirts the Rivers of America (not too far from POTC). This allows me to withdraw into myself for 15 minutes or so. I'll also do the same on the blue wall in Tomorrowland near the entrance to Buzz Lightyear.

My room at the Grand!

For an in-park break, I'll ride the DLRR and people watch. Also, I recently discovered a couple of picnic tables near the ToonTown station that were quiet and shady and had a nice quiet time there.

My favorite spot WAS the spot under the Hungry Bear, near the restrooms. I think it has changed though, with the new entrance to Star Wars land. I will be there in 2 weeks, can someone tell me how much different it is? Is it still quiet? Any pics?

I also like to sit in front of the train station, on Mainstreet, and people watch. Or in front of the Fiddler Fifer, and Practical in DCA ........

--Lori

It used to be the walkway from Fronteirland to the animals. It was a great place to find a bench to sit at and the people walking by always seemed much quieter and not rushed. Since that area has recently reopened, I am hoping it will a nice respite area again until they open Star Wars Land.

I'm partial to the little area where Jack Skellington meets, but only when he's not meeting :) They took away my Court of Angels, but they haven't taken away that spot yet!

I also like the courtyard area by Maurice's Treats, after the princesses have stopped meeting, and people forget that it's even there. I just sit and watch Rapunzel's tower sing and light up.

And you can walk through Pixie Hallow after Tink stops greeting.

There's the little pond that has the light show.

If I'm just needing some AC and to be out of the flow of traffic in the afternoon (common, I have a condition that gives me heat intolerance even when it's only 75*), I grab a bottled water and sit in the outdoor seating for Pizza Port, or any indoor show attraction (Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, whatever preview is at Magic Eye Theatre or Bugsland Theatre, Turtle Talk, the great room in Animation Academy building, even Disney Jr), though none of those are quiet.

On Main Street there is a little ally off of The Market house, where some fruit and veggie stands are set up (I want to say Fairfax Market?) You can duck down the ally and it takes you sort of behind Market house to a cast member entrance. No one goes back there except cast members. When my daughter (autistic) was only a year old and I was still nursing her I would get a snack and hide back there on a blanket to have a quiet rest and nurse her.

I'm partial to the little area where Jack Skellington meets, but only when he's not meeting :) They took away my Court of Angels, but they haven't taken away that spot yet!

I also like the courtyard area by Maurice's Treats, after the princesses have stopped meeting, and people forget that it's even there. I just sit and watch Rapunzel's tower sing and light up.

And you can walk through Pixie Hallow after Tink stops greeting.

There's the little pond that has the light show.

If I'm just needing some AC and to be out of the flow of traffic in the afternoon (common, I have a condition that gives me heat intolerance even when it's only 75*), I grab a bottled water and sit in the outdoor seating for Pizza Port, or any indoor show attraction (Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, whatever preview is at Magic Eye Theatre or Bugsland Theatre, Turtle Talk, the great room in Animation Academy building, even Disney Jr), though none of those are quiet.
Where is Maurice's treats?

If you go over by the Royal Theatre or whatever it's called (where they do the little plays and where the princesses meet), go to the right if you are facing the theatre. Maurice's Treats is right there. There are yummy treats like fruit twists and pastries. Mmmmmmmmm....

The wishing well by the castle, or the path that meanders from Tomorrowland over to that fairy area. Used to be where they put the fast pass machines by matterhorn.

In the morning they have a strawberry bread twist and its pretty good. In the afternoon they have a garlic and cheese bread twist that is fantastic. Its probably the best treat in the park, that you rarely hear talked about, but it is fantastic.

My favorite is a little hidden nook behind Harbor Galley, where the Fowler's Inn facade is. It doesn't look like it, but there is a little walkway behind the Galley where you can watch people come down Splash Mountain and see them drift under the bridge still happy and laughing from the fall. There's a view of the river too. There's a CM entrance back there, but as long as you don't go through that, the rest is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts