Where is your favorite quiet spot?

I enjoy sitting on the park benches in Town Square and listen to the soundtrack, particularly at Christmas time. I know it is not exactly quiet, but for the most part people just pass through. In the summer I would go up onto the platform outside the Main Street station and grab a bench. While it is not covered, it is a nice spot for people watching from an elevated position. And the Disney Gallery or inside the Opera House can be quiet as well.

When I went to Tiki Day recently with some friends, we needed to stop to reorganize a few things. We were very close to that platform across from Matterhorn where the old motorboat ride used to be many, many years ago and so we stopped there. It was quite a nice spot. I think it was a smoking area at one time, but now it has picnic tables and wasmotorboat dock.jpg a great place to stop for a while.

When I went to Tiki Day recently with some friends, we needed to stop to reorganize a few things. We were very close to that platform across from Matterhorn where the old motorboat ride used to be many, many years ago and so we stopped there. It was quite a nice spot. I think it was a smoking area at one time, but now it has picnic tables and wasView attachment 277105 a great place to stop for a while.
We ate lunch there on an ugly busy day. It was a nice quiet oasis. The ducks were hanging out looking for scraps. It was very relaxing.

between pixie hollow and fantasyland, there is a pond that has a light show at night.

When I went to Tiki Day recently with some friends, we needed to stop to reorganize a few things. We were very close to that platform across from Matterhorn where the old motorboat ride used to be many, many years ago and so we stopped there. It was quite a nice spot. I think it was a smoking area at one time, but now it has picnic tables and wasView attachment 277105 a great place to stop for a while.
Last week I stopped there to put my feet up while my DS15 went to Autopia, and I and got to watch Peter Pan play with some kids, then Hook came to join him. An impromptu character meet for me!

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 21
Last week I stopped there to put my feet up while my DS15 went to Autopia, and I and got to watch Peter Pan play with some kids, then Hook came to join him. An impromptu character meet for me!
Wow!!! That's very cool!! I have walked past that spot any number of times and always thought to myself, "That's a great place to sit for a while. I'll have to remember that." But I don't, LOL. I didn't realize characters came through!

Wait......There are quiet spots at DL???? Are we talking pre-60th??? The only place I can think of are the seats at Harbor Galley for about the first hour after opening.

Over at DCA, I really like to just sit in the Redwood Creek Challenge somewhere in the shade. Sure, there's kids running around. But there aren't any crowds herding towards an E-ticket ride. It's just peaceful.
upload_2017-10-16_8-23-30.png

DS loves to go to the Main Street Cinema. Dark lighting, cool AC and cartoons.
Great one that I totally forgot about!

With my heat intolerance, even a 75* day can be challenging to manage at DL. Last summer, I totally blanked on where to go for quiet coolness. Will be remembering/noting the suggestions on this thread so hubby cam steer me there when I have issues :)

The tables behind Flo's V-8 cafe. Grab a snack from the Cozy Cones and sit back there and watch the racers. For some reason it's never crowded back there. And it's shady!

That's a good one

If you like dark and cool, head into the old Innoventions building where the Star Wars exhibit is now (is it called Launch Bay?) Right next to the stairs, there are some benches. I sit there while my kids wait their turn to play the video games. It's fairly quiet because most of the commotion is happening in the rooms off that area.

I like to get a bottle of water or soda & ride the train for two or three laps around the park. Sit near the end on the back row and enjoy being at DL. We have not been to the park since the last remodel was completed, looking forward to seeing everything. :wave2:::yes::

One of my favorite quiet areas is the French Market. I prefer the outside tables by the fence. I will enjoy my food, snack or whatever and just sit and watch. Sometimes a band will perform or music will play. It is just peaceful. However, it is very crowded in the area right now with Halloween, but still peaceful in the dining area.

The last two times I have eaten here though, they were very strict about actually having food purchased from the. French Market . I saw them telling people to wait for the rest of their party or to order first and come back. I had not seen that in this area before. I often get other food or bring food in and supplement with something small. And the wifi seems to work here :)

IMG_2310.JPG Sometimes I like to get a really good cup of coffee and relax for a few moments. I head for the HearthStone Lounge in the main lobby of the Grand. They make the very best cup of Americana I have ever had(From Seattle to Cozumel they make the Best). Get one of those and go sit in a back corner and enjoy the design and detailed wood work of the lounge! Great way to recharge :cool1:

Last edited:
My favorite is a little hidden nook behind Harbor Galley, where the Fowler's Inn facade is. It doesn't look like it, but there is a little walkway behind the Galley where you can watch people come down Splash Mountain and see them drift under the bridge still happy and laughing from the fall. There's a view of the river too. There's a CM entrance back there, but as long as you don't go through that, the rest is open.

I never knew this place existed until my friend took me there on Saturday, the park was packed but only two CMs walked by the entire 40+ minutes we were there watching the splash boats, it was incredible!

I know it's gone, but Big Thunder Ranch was an amazing place to get a break from the crowds. There was a petting zoo, live country music, and delicious all-you-can-eat BBQ. It really was a great way to escape Disneyland for a while. I am very excited about Star Wars Land, but I will always miss the ranch...

I would like to check out the Hungry Bear seating and the new set up with the walkway to Star Wars Land. I also second the area behind the Harbor Galley. A pretty quiet, relaxing place was on Tom Sawyer Island at the very back of the island behind the Fort. I sat there for a couple minutes and enjoyed the shade, and not that many people were traveling back there.

In DCA, I like to stroll along the walkway near Grizzly River Rapids. Not quiet, but it's nice to see the waterfall.

As for the hotels, I really enjoy hanging out in the Frontier Tower and Fantasy Tower lobbies. They have a lot of cool things to check out (like the Big Thunder model) and comfortable seating.

I would like to check out the Hungry Bear seating and the new set up with the walkway to Star Wars Land. I also second the area behind the Harbor Galley. A pretty quiet, relaxing place was on Tom Sawyer Island at the very back of the island behind the Fort. I sat there for a couple minutes and enjoyed the shade, and not that many people were traveling back there.

In DCA, I like to stroll along the walkway near Grizzly River Rapids. Not quiet, but it's nice to see the waterfall.

As for the hotels, I really enjoy hanging out in the Frontier Tower and Fantasy Tower lobbies. They have a lot of cool things to check out (like the Big Thunder model) and comfortable seating.
I have never been to Tom Sawyer's island but I WILL make it across the river this time lol. I agree on the path behind GRR. I love to watch the rafts come down the hill too.
I love all the input. I am glad to be in such great company of people who appreciate the beauty, joy and peace of DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter