Where should we eat on the dining plan?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
We will be trying the dining plan on our next trip. We have mostly eaten at counter service in the past. I do not think we will want buffet as we have been to several before and the children are mostly in their 20s and are not amused by mom trying to have pictures taken when food is within reach. I would also eat to much.

I might make one exception to the no buffet which would be at Bomas. The different types of food would be nice and I would love to see the hotel.

Two of my children want to go to The Concourse one night. I would like to eat in the parks the other 4 nights. any idea? Is their anywhere that has authenic Italian? Whats the best place for steak?

The girls are light eaters. Can we share a meal? I saw that one place charges for an extra plate, do others?

Thanks tigger :wave2:

Are you paying for the dining plan, or is it free? I ask because it may not be for you if you are light eaters and you're paying for it.

As for in-park restuarants ... I like both Tony's (in the MK) and Alfredos (in Epcot). THe best place for steak is the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I've heard that the Concourse is only so-so (from my DH who is *not* a light eater, LOL). Bomas is awesome and you will want to save room for dessert.

Other in-park restaurants that we like are the Brown Derby in MGM (a 2 credit TS meal, while a good restaurant, not worth the credits if you are strapped for them), Teppanyaki Steakhouse in Epcot and Le Cellier for steak.

Your girls can share a meal under the dining plan. Just make sure to tip your waiter a bit extra out of pocket.

Is their anywhere that has authenic Italian? Whats the best place for steak?
The best Italian restaurants at WDW are, unfortunately, not on the dining plan: Palio and Portobello Yacht Club. Mama Melrose at Disney-MGM Studios isn't bad; that would be my recommendation. I like Tony's as much as Mama Melrose but most other folks I read reviews from don't. Also, I've read so many credible warnings to stay away from Alfredo's at Epcot that I recommend you do the same.

The best steak restaurant at WDW is also not on the dining plan: Shula's. However, Yachtsman Steakhouse is a good substitute (but it costs 2 TS credits per person). Some of the other signature (2 TS) restaurants also have great individual steak menu items. However, among the 1 TS choices, Concourse Steakhouse is the best for steak. I believe that's a great choice for your crew. (I've had two bad experiences at Le Cellier, with dry, grizzly steaks, so I don't recommend that place any longer.)

Very few restaurants charge a sharing fee (and even then, they don't charge it consistently), but it is pretty minimal when it is charged. Do keep in mind that some of the finer restaurants are now making their portions more reasonable (i.e., healthy, i.e., smaller), so be prepared to have a second dinner if you share a meal at one of those places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter