Where to buy pins for trading.

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
I wanna do some pin trading but I'm gonna need some pins to trade with. Years ago I bought some off of Ebay that I used but it's been too long to remember who I bought them from. I want to make sure I get legit pins at a good price. Any suggestions?

There are many Facebook sellers that sell legitimate (authentic) traders for $2 plus shipping

Are there any in particular that you know are legit or how to tell if they are? I just went on and joined a couple of groups.

Disney Pin Trading
Disney Pin Traders
Disney Pin Trading/Selling

The garage sale groups / yard sale groups contain people that sell fake pins.

I haven't bought any pins from them YET, but I have heard that Dis Trading Pins 4 U have all authentic pins in their bulk lots, which is fantastic because usually in the bulk lots you get almost all scrappers

Primarily I buy sets from ShopDisney for traders when they're having a sale. Broken down, $5 - $7 a pin is what you should expect to pay. Anything less or more than that and you're paying for that pin specifically or likely not getting an authentic pin from a third seller.

Magic wise, since you're buying pins that other people will trade for, keeping the person in mind who is going to trade for your pin (and likely love your pin) is always something I mention. During one trip I accidently traded a CM for a pin a little one behind me wanted. I turned around and offered to trade her. Her mom gifted me a Pixie Dust Pin. It is literally my most treasured pin I own. Pin trading is a lot of fun for a lot of people, so I try to buy pins that will make someone's day.

While they're not advertised as trading pins, Loungefly pins are tradeable as they're licensed Disney pins. A few are even (IMO) better designed than some ShopDisney pins (That Pooh Disney Character Food Mystery Pin amiright) and are generally lower priced. I bought my first few not that long ago and quality wise, I had no complaints. I still prefer ShopDisney pins but that's just because they come with Mickey backs and Loungefly pins don't. Generally however, I buy at the park, or ShopDisney.

Currently pin trading at WDW involves pin trading stations and CM lanyards have been discontinued for the foreseeable future. Mouselets has a list of the stations if you would like to schedule stops in ahead of time. Prior to my trips, Mouselets tends to always be my go-to for figuring out my trading route. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter