Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

I've searched this LOOOOOONG thread a bit and found a few mentions, but... my husband was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and as such, avoids starches and sugar like the plague. I'm wondering if, in general, at the table service restaurants do they bat an eye if you order, say, burgers or sandwiches without the bun? I saw at a couple of places that this isn't a problem, just wondering if, say, Cowfish would have an issue with that? I really want to try it, but there's not much on the menu for him if he can't order with lettuce instead of a bun and sub out the fries/tots for something else. Or at any of the sit downs where there are potatoes or polenta or rice or whatever, subbing in some extra veg?

The table service restaurants are great at serving your needs. Don't hesitate to ask!!!

DisGhost, I’ve ordered a burger w/o the bun at Cowfish
And had the toppings all put on the side

You shouldn’t have any issues doing that as I paved the way for you....lol

DisGhost, I’ve ordered a burger w/o the bun at Cowfish
And had the toppings all put on the side

You shouldn’t have any issues doing that as I paved the way for you....lol

LOl thank you everyone! I imagine something like, say the burgerooshi might be a problem (though TBH that thing kind of freaks me out.) We had great luck at Disney but the local amusement parks? Not so much.

What type of bbq sauce does Monsters Cafe use? Sweet, spicy, tangy...I don't like any level of spicy heat in my food, not even black pepper. Monsters Cafe would be an excellent use of the dining plan but not if I wouldn't like the food. :) I haven't been since they changed the menu.

I’ve yet to speak to anyone who’s opinion I trust, give a good review of Big Fire yet........very disappointing indeed.

I think we may try a drink at the bar and have dessert one night, but no desire to eat entrees there.

My wife and I tried here the first night of our trip, it was fantastic. My pork chop was perfectly cooked, and her beer glazed scallops were as delicious a dish as I’ve ever had. Our meal was so good, we went back again for our last dinner of the trip. Again, food was outstanding. Not sure where the hate is coming from, I think for the price, this place is a steal.

What type of bbq sauce does Monsters Cafe use? Sweet, spicy, tangy...I don't like any level of spicy heat in my food, not even black pepper. Monsters Cafe would be an excellent use of the dining plan but not if I wouldn't like the food. :) I haven't been since they changed the menu.

I had the brisket and I don't recall any level of spiciness.

We just booked our first trip to Universal Orlando for 6 nights in October and staying at Hard Rock Club Level. Looking on the website for dining is so confusing compared to Disney. We are not picky eaters but like to do at least one sit down a day. My question is do we need to make reservations for lunch or dinner daily? Or can we walk up and get a table? Any advice will be appreciated!

We just booked our first trip to Universal Orlando for 6 nights in October and staying at Hard Rock Club Level. Looking on the website for dining is so confusing compared to Disney. We are not picky eaters but like to do at least one sit down a day. My question is do we need to make reservations for lunch or dinner daily? Or can we walk up and get a table? Any advice will be appreciated!

In most cases, you’ll be able to walk up and get a table pretty quickly, especially for lunch. However, on Halloween Horror Nights nights, you may encounter a 60 minute wait or longer at dinner time for walk ups at Citywalk restaurants. On those nights, you might want to consider a reservation, but unlike Disney, those reservations are usually available the day before, and in many cases the morning of, so you don’t need to reserve 30 days or more in advance.

The restaurants at the hotels aren’t full and can typically seat guests in a few minutes for walk ups. Inside the parks, Mythos and Finnegan’s are popular on weekends, and can experience 30 minute waits or longer for lunch.

There is one exception and that is Finnegan’s for dinner on HHNs nights. Because Finnegan’s is a holding spot for the Stay And Scream area, people will reserve a table weeks in advance so that they can eat while Universal Studios is converted over for the HHNs event.

In most cases, you’ll be able to walk up and get a table pretty quickly, especially for lunch. However, on Halloween Horror Nights nights, you may encounter a 60 minute wait or longer at dinner time for walk ups at Citywalk restaurants. On those nights, you might want to consider a reservation, but unlike Disney, those reservations are usually available the day before, and in many cases the morning of, so you don’t need to reserve 30 days or more in advance.

The restaurants at the hotels aren’t full and can typically seat guests in a few minutes for walk ups. Inside the parks, Mythos and Finnegan’s are popular on weekends, and can experience 30 minute waits or longer for lunch.

There is one exception and that is Finnegan’s for dinner on HHNs nights. Because Finnegan’s is a holding spot for the Stay And Scream area, people will reserve a table weeks in advance so that they can eat while Universal Studios is converted over for the HHNs event.
I didn't even consider HHNs! Are they every night? and does the park close early for it? TIA!

I didn't even consider HHNs! Are they every night? and does the park close early for it? TIA!

HHNs typically runs from Thursday to Sunday, with the occasional Wednesday. On HHNs nights, Universal Studios will close early so that they can decorate for HHNs, but there are holding areas for guests that possess both a day pass and a HHNs ticket. IOA will stay open to its normal time because it doesn’t host HHNs.

HHNs typically runs from Thursday to Sunday, with the occasional Wednesday. On HHNs nights, Universal Studios will close early so that they can decorate for HHNs, but there are holding areas for guests that possess both a day pass and a HHNs ticket. IOA will stay open to its normal time because it doesn’t host HHNs.
We won’t be doing the HHN since my girls are 6 & 8. But good to know IOA will still be open.

My wife and I tried here the first night of our trip, it was fantastic. My pork chop was perfectly cooked, and her beer glazed scallops were as delicious a dish as I’ve ever had. Our meal was so good, we went back again for our last dinner of the trip. Again, food was outstanding. Not sure where the hate is coming from, I think for the price, this place is a steal.
I agree. We went last December. My husband had the mussel appetizer and the scallops as a main. I had the lamb. We enjoyed them so much we went back again. My husband got the same and I had the Cobb salad. Would definitely recommend you give it a try.

Thought I remembered someone saying there was a Universal restaurant where you could do smores. All that came up in our search was the new restaurant Big Fire. I thought it was maybe at a hotel. Am I just all mixed up or was there somewhere else. Thought it would be fun to do if our December trip is a go.

Thought I remembered someone saying there was a Universal restaurant where you could do smores. All that came up in our search was the new restaurant Big Fire. I thought it was maybe at a hotel. Am I just all mixed up or was there somewhere else. Thought it would be fun to do if our December trip is a go.

Yes, some of the hotels sell the kits to make s’mores at their fire pits.

We see folks doing it at the fire pit to the side of Strong Water Bar......the kits were for sale in the grab and go, not sure if the Universal Store sold them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!