• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat for anniversary dinner?

tink111

Earning My Ears
DH and I are headed to WDW for our 1st anniversary first week of October. We want to go somewhere *special* to eat for dinner the night of our anniversary... we're not too concerned about needing a quiet and peaceful dining experience, we're open to anything and don't oppose kids being around. We're also not what I'd consider "gourmet eaters"... We just something extra special for the big day... any suggestions? We were thinking maybe O'hana or Boma. Also... we don't feel we have to advertise to everyone it's our anniversary, but should we? Do you really get special treatment? Thanks!:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I'd recommend Artist's Point or California Grill. Go ahead and mention the ocassion at the check-in stand... it can't hurt and might get you something special (nicer location, etc.) in return.

First off, welcome to the Dis, tink!!! :wave:

You sound like myself and DH with what you are looking for, only we are celebrating our 9th anniversary in WDW in July. ;) We will have a rare night alone since my DM is watching our kids.
After going over the menus I narrowed it down to either Yachtsmans Steakhouse or Palio, and YSH won out. I figured those are places we wouldnt usually take the kids so we should do something unique for our anniversary.
If you are interested in Ohana, I would recommend it. We have eaten there once and are going back on our next trip, but we are doing that with the kids on a different night. Its a fun restaurant with delicoius food.
I too dont like to draw attention to us, so we wont be saying anything...unless DH has mentioned it on our PS. ;)
Good luck deciding, and happy anniversary.

Yachtsmans' is also nice (we ate there for the first time this month), but I really like the environment and decor at AP and CG a lot better.

Artists Point would be a wonderful and memorable dinner for an anniversary. I would definitely recommend noting your anniversary on your PS. You never know what kind of magic could happen during your meal!

We ate at Boma's with friends and it was mentioned when the ressies were made, that there was an anniversary being celebrated. At the end of the meal, the waiter came over and asked who was celebrating an anniversary. He had a wonderful dessert cookie plate with Happy Anniversary spelled out in chocolate. It was done quietly and very tastefully. Our friends were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and I did mention it when making all of our dining ps's. Boma was the only restaurant to do something. It was not like I was looking for a freebie for them, it is just so magical when something like that is done. I had never told our friends I had this on our ps's. We also ate at CG, FF, 50's prime time and Boma's was the only place to acknowlege their anniversary. I would have thought FF and CG over Boma's. It was very special and very much appreciated. The staff there are wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter