Where to propose?

CSJLJJK7

Mouseketeer
Going to F&W festival with my future spouse I hope. We dated and went to Disney in 2004 drifted apart, we've both been married thirteen years and both divorced at same time recently. Reconnected via Facebook. We've been dating for a while and even took a WDW trip this June but separately sort of. We each had our kids and weren't quite ready to introduce them to each other. We would get them to settled each night and go down to the Belvue Lounge and visit. It's time. I almost proposed last trip in front of the castle but she caught wind of it because of an email from Disney photography. I need it to be a surprise. We are going to Festival of the Senses and I thought the Illuminations fireworks would be a perfect background and a complete surprise but where could we go where the photographers could not have a million people in the background? A desert party maybe? Help! Better Ideas?

OK, this episode has a bunch of WDW proposal ideas: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2012/12/19/101-ways-to-propose-at-disney/

I like the idea of proposing around IllumiNations, but you're right—it's going to be tricky to find a Photopass photographer and super-crowded. You could plan a private dessert party, but Disney Catered Events now has a $3,000 minimum spend (it goes up to $3,500 Fri-Sun) so it would be a real splurge.

It would be cheaper to contact a local wedding photographer or Disney Fine Art Photography (407-934-4004) and pay them a few hundred bucks for a photo session. Then you could plan a time and a place for them to show up and assist you in the surprise, whilte getting much better shots than Photopass provides.

I agree with what Lurkyloo said above!! I think thats a great idea, but I would just pay for either a Disney photographer or an outside one to capture the moment. You could go to the Frozen Ever After dessert party they offer so as to get a spot that's a *little* less crowded, if its offered during the time you will be there (might also work well for your kids if they are into Frozen?). Also, you get a ride mix-in on the Frozen ride after illuminations, which could be a fun way to get some PhotoPass shots on the ride with her showing off her bling!! Good luck- update us if you can when its all done!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/frozen-ever-after-sparkling-dessert-party/

OK, this episode has a bunch of WDW proposal ideas: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2012/12/19/101-ways-to-propose-at-disney/

I like the idea of proposing around IllumiNations, but you're right—it's going to be tricky to find a Photopass photographer and super-crowded. You could plan a private dessert party, but Disney Catered Events now has a $3,000 minimum spend (it goes up to $3,500 Fri-Sun) so it would be a real splurge.

It would be cheaper to contact a local wedding photographer or Disney Fine Art Photography (407-934-4004) and pay them a few hundred bucks for a photo session. Then you could plan a time and a place for them to show up and assist you in the surprise, whilte getting much better shots than Photopass provides.
Thank you for sharing that podcast!!!!

I proposed to my wife at Disney using a characature! I contacted Disney ahead of time to let them know what I was hoping to do, and it went down without a hitch!

Here’s what happened. I asked for them to sketch both of us, one at a time, with me going first (so she wouldn’t get any ideas on what was going on). The artist would only sketch the top half of me before having her hop in. Then he would finish sketching me down on one knee, and a chat bubble with me saying “will you marry me”. He put a blank chat bubble over her head so she could fill it in!

It was absolutely incredible. We had lots of people standing around watching, but she never expected a thing. Best part, we got a keepsake to bring home and cherish!

Anyways, I’m done rambling. Just wanted to offer one more proposal idea :)

I proposed to my wife at Disney using a characature! I contacted Disney ahead of time to let them know what I was hoping to do, and it went down without a hitch!

Here’s what happened. I asked for them to sketch both of us, one at a time, with me going first (so she wouldn’t get any ideas on what was going on). The artist would only sketch the top half of me before having her hop in. Then he would finish sketching me down on one knee, and a chat bubble with me saying “will you marry me”. He put a blank chat bubble over her head so she could fill it in!

It was absolutely incredible. We had lots of people standing around watching, but she never expected a thing. Best part, we got a keepsake to bring home and cherish!

Anyways, I’m done rambling. Just wanted to offer one more proposal idea :)
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

To be honest, I understand people want to capture the moment with a glorious background, usually the castle or fireworks. But I always wonder, is that the place that has the most meaning to the couple? So many people do it. If I ever get proposed to, I think I would appreciate the effort of proposing a lot more when I get the feeling this proposal could be only meant for me/us. Whether it would be in a secluded corner, on a roller coaster, in a restaurant or in the middle of Main Street, it wouldn't matter if that is the place that's us. Like having a special song together.

As you say during your previous trip, you two snuck out to go to the Bellevue Lounge, that must have created some memories which are just yours.

Personally, because NBC is my favorite movie, Zero is my favorite character, and Halloween is our favorite holiday, I would love a proposal at the Jack and Sally picture spot (which has Zero's grave). With or without characters (though with them means photographer at the ready). I'm not necessarily saying that would be the perfect spot for everyone, or even you two, just that it's the perfect spot for me and could be found uncrowded at times. I hope you can think of, hear about, or even stumble upon a perfect spot that will mean something to the two of you more than just an iconic placement in the park. Please let us know what you come up with! I'd love to hear how it all goes and where and what you end up doing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter