Where to stay for Knotts?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Anyone have suggestions for where to stay when going to Knott's Berry Farm? They be 4 adults, 2 kids and a baby. We're thinking about stopping there for a day on our way back from Tahoe in May. I keep seeing Desert Inn w/ one of the better prices, but it would be too hard to be that close to Disney, but not going!

It would be hard to avoid Disneyland.
I know, and we love DLR, but this would just be a little tack-on to get the girls some ride time on the way back from a pretty relaxed vacation. Plus, we'd see how our new baby (she'll be about 2 months then) does at a theme park. When we do Disney, we do APs and make several trips, and I won't have much vacation time after I return from maternity leave for a while. Single-day tickets are so pricey! So, I think we're better off doing a day at a cheaper theme park, which is why we're thinking Knott's.

on our trip to DLR we got an amazing package deal and stayed at Knotts resort hotel. we loved it. I suggest you check their discounts page on their website as sometimes they have good deals.

I agree you should look into the Knotts hotel. No clue on pricing but it looks really cool! And it's right there on property. Theme park, fried chicken, and a place to crash...what more could you need??

Thanks for the replies! Our current plan has changed a bit. My youngest wants to do the Adventuredome at Circus Circus in Vegas on our way up. So, we decided to spend an extra night there and then hit Sea World (we already have Fun Cards and one AP to get free parking :) there) on the return trip, stopping by RFC/DTD on the way back down. So, it looks like we won't be visiting Knott's after all.

I would think a kid would much prefer going to Knotts than the Adventuredome. While fun the dome is very similar to any number of small amusement parks many cities have. It's not a theme park by any measure. Just a handful of smaller rides and games to play. It is good for 3 or 4 hours of fun while Knotts is a full day park.

However, Vegas itself has other things to do. We bought our kids a day pass for the New York roller coaster. They went 3 or 4 times, then we did other things near by and returned to ride a few more times at night.

Along the strip there are ticket booths selling tickets to that nights shows for significant discounts. We went to 1 or 2 each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter