• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay near USH?

DVC Daisy

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We are thinking of going to USH and would like recommendations for nearby hotels. :thumbsup2

For USF we always stay at Hard Rock Hotel - wish there was one at Hollywood!

So - where should we stay?

Thanks! :wave2:

DVC Daisy said:
Hi,

We are thinking of going to USH and would like recommendations for nearby hotels. :thumbsup2

For USF we always stay at Hard Rock Hotel - wish there was one at Hollywood!

So - where should we stay?

Thanks! :wave2:

The Universal Hilton and Unversal Sheraton are right there -- there's a shuttle to USH or you could walk easily. The Hilton seems to be a little nicer. About 10 minutes away at the Hollywood and Highland center there is the Renaissance hotel, which is very nice. None of these will be the Hard Rock Hotel, though!

bellelinus said:
The Universal Hilton and Unversal Sheraton are right there -- there's a shuttle to USH or you could walk easily. The Hilton seems to be a little nicer. About 10 minutes away at the Hollywood and Highland center there is the Renaissance hotel, which is very nice. None of these will be the Hard Rock Hotel, though!

Thanks for the quick reply!

We will only be going to US for 1 day (using FOTL) and touring Hollywood for another day or so. Would the Renaissance be a good location? Both are around the same cost - Hilton slightly lower but not enough to make a difference to us.

Thanks!

If you have a car and don't mind paying to park at USH, I'd go with the Renaissance. The Hollywood and Highland center is a great central location, and I found it very easy to drive around there. It's only about 5-10 minutes from there to USH. We were just there a few weeks ago and had a great time, so I hope you do, too.

bellelinus said:
If you have a car and don't mind paying to park at USH, I'd go with the Renaissance. The Hollywood and Highland center is a great central location . . .

The Renaissance is a nice hotel, and is well located if you plan to explore Hollywood Blvd. Another transportation option is to take the Red Line subway from the Hollywood & Highland station to the Universal Studios station. I believe the basic fare is $1.25 per ride, and you can get an all-day pass for $3.00.

Woody

Thanks for all of the replies!

We are going with the Renaissance! Sounds like a great hotel with a good location :sunny:

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter