"Where We Live" book

MarkBarbieri

Semi-retired
I posted this in the photo forum but didn't get many suggestions. I hope you don't mind a cross post.

We're going to be taking the boys on a lengthy summer vacation this July & August. They'll be visiting with lots of cousins that have never and probably will never come to visit us in The Woodlands. I'm putting together a "Where We Live" book of pictures and descriptions that the kid's can give to their cousins to show them what their "world" is like.

I'm trying to think of ideas for what should be in the book. I want it to be about their typical activities, not special trips, vacations, and once a year things. The idea is to show what their normal life is like. Any suggestions for what we should include/exclude?

Here's my current checklist:

Around the House
Erik's Room
Dante's Room
Theater Room
Playroom
Family Room
Breakfast Room
Kid's Office
Pool
Hot Tub
Play set
Trampoline
Mom's Van
My Car

In the Neighborhood
Front of the house
Furber's Cul-De-Sac
Our Cul-De-Sac
Entrance to the neighborhood
Satellite View of the neighborhood

School
School Entrance
Erik's Classroom
Dante's Classroom
Cafeteria
Playground

Parks
Cranebrook
Terramont
Puker park
Rock park

Pools
Cranebrook
One with the twisty waterslide
Bear Branch
Splashtown

Shopping Areas
HEB
Walmart
Market Street

Other
Pokemon nights
Commute from school
Woodland's trails

Parent's World
Home Office
Work Office
Office building
Dad commuting to the office on his bike
Mom cooking dinner

The Woodlands
Waterway
Lake Woodlands
Bear Branch Reservoir
Entrance Sign

Activities
Playing with the Wii
Riding Scooters
Swimming
Tennis
Playing at the park
Playing Webkinz
Playing the DS
Bouncing on trampolines
Playing Pokemon
Dinner
Listening to MP3 players
Watching a movie in the theater room

Can I see the picture of your theater room?

That looks like a pretty comprehensive listing.

Do you have any favorite places you like to go eat?

seems like a pretty good list to me. :)

any pets, wildlife that's specific to your area? best friends? favourite foods? (any again specific to your area :) ) maggie

Maybe a little something about the neighbors? Are there any relatives in that area that they may not visit either? Maybe include general ideas about their homes/neighborhood? :confused3

Looks like a great list already-you are very thorough and its a great idea!:thumbsup2

How old are your kids? DO they have best friends?

Can I see the picture of your theater room?

That looks like a pretty comprehensive listing.

Do you have any favorite places you like to go eat?

The theater room isn't terribly elaborate. It's a nice place to relax with the family and friends and watch a show. I had a group over last Thursday for The Sound of Music.

51518480_K7aNi-L.jpg

51518482_FAxM5-L.jpg
51518481_66vnG-L.jpg

51443154_RdGDQ-L.jpg
51443152_fe3Za-L.jpg

Our favorite places to eat (breakfast room and family room) are already on the list. We don't eat out much at all while we're in town.

any pets, wildlife that's specific to your area? best friends? favourite foods? (any again specific to your area :) ) maggie

No pets since the frog died last summer. Best friends is a good idea. We'll work them in. Favorite foods will mix in with the shots of dinner and cooking.

Maybe a little something about the neighbors? Are there any relatives in that area that they may not visit either? Maybe include general ideas about their homes/neighborhood? :confused3

The friends and neighbors are pretty much the same. We'll include some block party shots that will capture a sense of the neighborhood.

How old are your kids? DO they have best friends?

The boys are 8 and, as of last Friday, 6. They have several friends in the neighborhood that we'll include.

Thanks for the ideas. If you want to see pictures of the boys (and other random stuff), check out my photo site at http://photos.barbierifamily.org. I also have a big section there on Disney shots that I'm in the process of organizing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter