Which arm for your Magic Band?

BrookieM2001

Everything's better with Mickey ears!
Last trip i remember struggling because i wanted to wear my watch and my MB on the same arm. I was thinking this trip i might switch my MB to the other wrist, but was curious if anybody knows whether the parks and rides are set up this way. Obviously, i can use whichever arm i want, but are all of the Mickey heads to touch the band to on the left side, which would make it inconvenient...? Cant remember....

I'm left handed so i wear my Apple watch on my right and my magic band on my left.

No not all mickey posts are designed for left sides. It's about 50-50 I say. Left and right side when you enter depending on what line you get in. Also usually always two posts on both sides to enter the FP line

I always wear a wrist watch on the left arm so the MB was on the right. I have to the watch so I could track my FP times. One thing I was undecided about was if I should have the chip on the back of my wrist or on the front (palm side). I tried both. Eventually decided on the back (like my watch).

I wear mine on my right and my watch on my left.

My husband wears his on his left and doesn't wear his watch.

Neither of us feels like it is on the wrong side. And neither of us has to cross our arm over to use our band.

Last trip i remember struggling because i wanted to wear my watch and my MB on the same arm. I was thinking this trip i might switch my MB to the other wrist, but was curious if anybody knows whether the parks and rides are set up this way. Obviously, i can use whichever arm i want, but are all of the Mickey heads to touch the band to on the left side, which would make it inconvenient...? Cant remember....

All the rides have two Fast Pass touch points, one on the left, one on the right, and they are always asking people to use both. You can use either arm on the touch point easily regardless of where your MB is.

At the park entrance, you stand more or less in front of the touch points. The only time the arm you wear your MB on really matters is at the park entrance, if you are wearing your MB on the arm that has the finger you scanned, it can be a little awkward, but it's not a big deal.

I usually wear my MB on my right arm, even though I feel like I should wear it on my left, only because I wear a fit bit on my left arm. I've had several Photopass photographers tell me that sometimes the photopass scanner has a hard time scanning the MB because the fit bit can interfere with it. I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what I was told.

If you don't want to wear the MB on your arm, you can get one of the keychain or lanyard accessories (they cost about $10) and move the mickey head puck from the MB to the keychain or lanyard. Or of course, you can choose to just put your MB on a bag, in your pocket, on a belt loop, or whatever.

I’m left handed, so I always wear my Apple Watch (used to be watch, then fit bit) on my right wrist so I have always worn my magic band on my left wrist. I don’t like both on the same side. The only time I have felt like it mattered was when we have a hotel room door with the handle on the left when you open it from the outside it is much more awkward to open with the magic band when it is on my left wrist than when the handle is on the right. But that is just luck, and the converse would be true if I wore it on the right.

i am reallly in the minority. I wear my watch on my left wrist and my fitbit on my right so i bought a FOB and had my MB hanging from my right hip. It worked very well for me and I got many compliments from CM who said not many peoplewore their MB like that.

Do what feels right for you. You don’t even need a magic band. I don’t like wearing one so I get everything on a card.

I'm left-handed, I wore my FitBit and MB both on my right arm. I have the FitBit Alta so it's pretty small. I just don't like having stuff on my writing arm to bang on tables etc.

Usually, I do not wear the MagicBand, but instead wear my MagicKeeper that I put on a retractable clip. I turned mine into brooch style clips with flowers on them.

There's a shop on Etsy that sells 3-D printed "pucks" that slide onto your Apple Watch band. I bought one for our upcoming trip so have yet to use it but others have said it's great. Eliminates the need to wear two bands at once.

Usually, I do not wear the MagicBand, but instead wear my MagicKeeper that I put on a retractable clip. I turned mine into brooch style clips with flowers on them.

Could you post a picture of that? I saw that those were an option, but wasn't sure how that worked. I have a band, but is the MagicKeeper something totally different?

Could you post a picture of that? I saw that those were an option, but wasn't sure how that worked. I have a band, but is the MagicKeeper something totally different?

This is the one I have where I added the clip to one of those pull string badge holder.

IMG_3121.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!